Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

banned from Starbucks posted:

I hope they actually do something with Kallus instead of just having him in the background or saying 1 line every 4 episodes.

They'll definitely use him when they kill him off as part of his redemptive arc at the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope both Force users bite it at the hands of Vader but not getting my hopes up.

I guess they could pull some Corran Horn/Kyle Katarn bullshit and say they were around and active but just happened to miss each other and then have them join the academy after the war is won.

You could also look at it from the point of view that being a Jedi was never necessarily a prerequisite to take down the Sith, or at least not the main one. Jedi helps, but you also have to be the Chosen One. So just because you're a Jedi doesn't automatically mean you have a snowball's chance in hell of taking on the Empire and winning, thus why Yoda, Obi-wan, Kanan, Ezra, Ashoka, and everybody else so far have been laying low while the Empire has existed for 20 years. So it doesn't really hurt the narrative that Kanan and Ezra are running around any more than it hurts that Obi-wan and Yoda are. You can even point to the fact that Ezra is there with Obi-wan on Tattooine and Obi-wan knows he's force sensitive but tells him to get lost in spite of it.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cross-Section posted:

Trivia gallery confirming that the ore crawler was indeed directly inspired by the World Devastators from DE, but also that the Indiana Jones references go even deeper than I noticed:

They really nailed the visual language of Indy fights, which is I guess "guy looks exasperated at how whooped his rear end is getting by a bigger opponent but hangs in anyway." You can tell someone is apeing something well when you can spot the reference without being told.

Love how Filoni is all-in on incorporating old stuff from canon. Lothal kinda feels like a stand-in for Dantooine with the grassy plains and the forgotten Jedi Temple. I wonder if it was ever intended to be Dantooine.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

I hate being the "you didn't get it, man!" guy, but a lot of people who didn't like it completely missed the entire movie is about failure and learning from that failure.

I hope Rian Johnson learns from his failure to make a good movie.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jerkface posted:

Song titles for the final episodes music arr out there if youre interested. Will include a link in a sec:
http://www.kinerbrothersmusic.com/starwarsrebels/

kanan's noble end :ohdear:

They're probably just taking about his butt

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

Under the Story Group, everything is equally canonical (unless it's a video game, or explicitly designated non canon; so the plot line of then Battlefront 2 campaign is canon, the multiplayer scenarios aren't, etc)

So Forces of Destiny is just as canonical as Rebels which is just as canonical as The Last Jedi.

They're all equally canonical, in that they're all non-canonical because they were all released after George Lucas walked away from the franchise.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

That's...not accurate. The Story Group is in charge of the continuity now. All the stuff I listed is also as canonical as A New Hope, Attack of the Clones, etc.

Nope.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cross-Section posted:

Lol he's just trying to stir up poo poo, y'all

Me? Naw.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Time travel has no place in Star Wars

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

teagone posted:

Rey has already done this in a way :ssh:

Oh right I forgot how Poochie did that in beloved cultural touchstone The Force Awakens. Forget I said anything.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pops Mgee posted:

Did anyone else get similar vibes to the Twin Peaks finale when Ezra saved Ahsoka

That place with the portals was clearly a black/white lodge. The Mortis gods are going to throw Ezra into an alternate timeline/universe for the finale. Obviously this cartoon show for children would draw heavily from the works of Lynch.

The finale trailer explicitly uses the Twin Peaks title font/color, so you might be onto something here.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Man, TV audiences have become really bloodthristy, thinking a show aimed at kids should basically be killing everyone left right and center. Is this what Game of Thrones and Lost have done to viewers?

Hell, it's what the Disney Star Wars movies have done to viewers. Look at Rogue One. Every main character from the original trilogy with the exception of Chewbacca and the droids has been or will be killed off.

Filoni is on the right track: Star Wars is not about brutal realism. It's a fairytale where everything works out in the end, the bad guys are beaten (with bumps along the way), and everyone lives happily ever after.

One of the greatest sins of these sequels is breaking from that and invalidating those characters arcs. Han and Leia? Got a space divorce. Luke? Tried to murder the son of his sister and best friend for -reasons- then hosed off to live on a space island as a bitter hermit for 30 years. It's character assassination on several levels.

We don't need complexity and bittersweet endings in these things. They're for children. They're supposed to be hopeful. Not everyone needs to be a tragic hero making The Ultimate Sacrifice™.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Adult Sabine's character model looked really weird to me. Her head looked all emaciated or dehydrated or something.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Even after jumping to hyperspace with the windows open which I assume should be fatal, isn't the entire rest of the crew of that ISD (which should be in the like, thousands) still aboard?

I mean I shouldn't nitpick really, I love the idea of Gillian's Island with Ezra as Gilligan and Thrawn as the skipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TheCenturion posted:

When Yoda went into to confront Palp in ROTS, and clowned a pair of guards in Palp's office, weren't they in the red at that point?

Am I imagining things, or didn't the Senate Guards get replaced with the Imperial Guards because one of the Senate Guards caught on to Palpatine and tried to kill him?

• Locked thread