Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

my reaction to the clonewars new season announcement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gaz-L posted:

They do call it out in Rebels as being a disused Clone War ammo dump, right?

yeah and there's clone wars era tech in the background like republic gunships

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk why everyone seems confused at the galactic political situation in the new trilogy?

-after retun of the jedi, before TFA: the empire is destroyed, but an imperial remnant still exists and there's an off shoot of the new republic fighting it, imperial remnant builds death-star superweapon because they've been hiding for 30 years and want revenge

-during TFA: imperial remnant destroys the new republic capital planet, resistance destroys superweapon

-during TLJ: imperial remnant tries to destroy last bits of resistance, and starts invading the rest of the galaxy

pretty simple and that's all stated pretty clearly in the films

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

JazzFlight posted:

Okay, but like, it's still confusing to call them "The Resistance" when they're a vague offshoot of the current reigning government. I guess technically they were resisting the rise of the First Order terrorists? It's a bit odd.

not really? as soon as they said they were called the resistance i was like "oh ok they're like an underground resistance group"

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShineDog posted:

The tech gives me a ral homeworld / Peter elson / Chris foss vibe

now i just got a boner imagining if chris foss or peter elson or other similar styled illustrators had worked on the original trilogy

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok this is loving amazing

quote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cptn_dr posted:

There was a comic adaptation of an early version of the Star Wars script that came out in... 2014, I wanna say? It wasn't particularly good, but it was interesting enough. I think that was pretty heavily McQuarrie inspired.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars

• Locked thread