Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
The Cubs were really really bad at hitting for long stretches of the playoffs last year too (including two games against LA) so I'm not counting them out by any means, but the bullpen sucks real bad this year so it's gonna be tougher even if the bats get going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

poo poo Cubs hitting was tied for the last out in the 9th. Closer then it should have been. Cubs have a shot. gently caress the Yankees

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

wyoak posted:

The Cubs were really really bad at hitting for long stretches of the playoffs last year too (including two games against LA) so I'm not counting them out by any means, but the bullpen sucks real bad this year so it's gonna be tougher even if the bats get going

They were bad in the Washington series too.

Approach just feels different this year. They were patient last year, took their walks, worked counts. Once the bullpen comes in they just swing at anything. Amazing stat I saw was the Dodgers bullpen going into the 9th had thrown 66 pitches to retire 21 straight batters of the Cubs. Not sure if they can fix it since some are regulars but maybe guys like Baez should not be playing in these big games.

• Locked thread