Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there are few things in the world i hate more than the stupid beethoven's fifth riff on strikeouts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Why is Rich Hill's face so weird

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
please someone anyone hit a baseball

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

beejay posted:

Why is Rich Hill's face so weird

He looks like a math teacher.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

there are few things in the world i hate more than the stupid beethoven's fifth riff on strikeouts

Just play 7th Symphony, 2nd movement in full to really capture the futility of watching these Cubs hitters.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
More of the same

Eventually Lester is gonna get pulled and the Dodgers will score

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
oh for the love of god.

It's 88 MPH right down the loving middle.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Why am I watching this game? I've already seen it. Lester gives the Cubs maybe 5-6 scoreless innings. There will be tons of stories tomorrow about how well he threw given he was on three days rest and how he's a vet who shows grit and yada yada yada. Except none of it will matter because the the very first guy out of the Cubs pen will give up the lead, and the Dodgers will park the bus with their super bullpen of guys who are literally unhittable. And even if by some miracle the Cubs start to threaten, Jansen will come out of the pen and get roughly anywhere from one to infinite outs to secure the Dodgers win.

I've seen this game already. I know how it ends. Why am I watching it?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rich Hill Rich Hill Rich Hill Rich Hill Rich Hill

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

Just play 7th Symphony, 2nd movement in full to really capture the futility of watching these Cubs hitters.

If I were a professional baseball player, this would be my walkup song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1gjP9Wdw8&t=82s

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Sydin posted:

Why am I watching this game? I've already seen it. Lester gives the Cubs maybe 5-6 scoreless innings. There will be tons of stories tomorrow about how well he threw given he was on three days rest and how he's a vet who shows grit and yada yada yada. Except none of it will matter because the the very first guy out of the Cubs pen will give up the lead, and the Dodgers will park the bus with their super bullpen of guys who are literally unhittable. And even if by some miracle the Cubs start to threaten, Jansen will come out of the pen and get roughly anywhere from one to infinite outs to secure the Dodgers win.

:same:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Who got hit in the groin? My stupid feed cut out.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Cubs playing with house money.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
The Beethoven riff on Ks is bad, but the Staples Center recognizable-melody-followed-by-"Let's Go ___ ___" riff is immeasurably worse.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Javy :swoon:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Baez :eyepop:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Jesus, Javy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ednel...

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Can they just let Heyward get these though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
he good imho

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Incoming incredible batflip from Puig.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
These mid game interviews are just the worst.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Baez is so good

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

71 pitches through 4...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Incoming incredible batflip from Puig.

Keith Olbermann: *seethes and cums*

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Lester you haven't been getting calls all day. I get it, it's frustrating, but either bring the pitches onto the plate and trust your defense or accept you're aiming for swing and miss at the corners.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SourKraut posted:

71 pitches through 4...

3 2/3 :mad:

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
The emotional contrast between Puig and Culberson is probably funnier than it should be for me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WHY CAN'T ANY OF THE CUB PITCHERS STOP WALKING EVERYONE

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The Cubs just don't want to have a nice easy 1-2-3 inning.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PLEASE JUST THROW A STRIKE ONCE

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

PLEASE JUST THROW A STRIKE ONCE

*hits homer*

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Maybe the guy pitching on three days rest is starting to get gassed????

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

*hits homer*

I have a tab open that quotes this saying "Look what you did!" Just waiting to hit post...

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Sydin posted:

Maybe the guy pitching on three days rest is starting to get gassed????

Bahgawd, I think that’s Lackey’s music starting.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

eeeeeeeeeehehehehe

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dat tag

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Puig, you're dead

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo: at Baez letting Puig slide between his legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL

• Locked thread