Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«181 »
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

We've got this thing licked!

Patter Song posted:

I think that an N64 Mini would have a good chance of throwing Pilotwings 64 on top of that list, just because the Mini consoles have been all about exploiting nostalgia and Pilotwings 64 was one of two games on the console for months and months.

Also, I think there's a good chance they'd put Pokemon Puzzle League on there, which I'm 100% sure was in the pipeline for the Wii U eShop but just didn't make the cutoff in time before they stopped adding new content.

EDIT: Also, I think it's unlikely that Ogre Battle 64 (which WAS on the N64 VC) would be on this N64 mini, and probably not Sin and Punishment, either. Maybe you could stick Mega Man 64 or Resident Evil 2 as a Capcom representative, although neither would really be worth playing now. Nintendo likes third party shoutouts.

You could also stick on Ocarina of Time Master Quest as the bonus game. Nintendo likes throwing Master Quest out there whenever it puts Ocarina of Time out again.

Sin and Punishment would absolutely be on it. If for no other reason than to be able to say "for the first time on an N64 OUTSIDE JAPAN!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 12, 2007

someone encouraged me to finally get around to playing ff3/6 so i'm going to do that, and stream it, and record it, so if you want to see me bumble through what is widely acknowledged to be one of the best ff games ever, https://www.twitch.tv/dickeye in like ten minutes

edit its done because i forgot gdq started tonight, and because waiting for the snail to stick its head back out took so long i wanted to die

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at Jun 25, 2018 around 02:43

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

shyduck posted:

I was at the Too Many Games convention this weekend. Apparently they raised vendor prices significantly, so several sellers that always had really good deals just didn't come this year. Also, the vendors that did attend were less reluctant to give deals, even as the convention was winding down. It was my 5th year in a row attending and it was good, but definitely a letdown from years past.

The guests and panelists were kinda meh compared to last year's, too. I still had fun though.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Not a retro game (retro inspired), but I tried the Octopath Traveler demo on Switch and was really disappointed by the image quality. The game doesn't run at native res on portable (didn't try TV mode) and the retro aesthetic ends up looking blurry as a result. The game has this beautiful pixel art and it ends up looking like bad emulation on a compilation disc or something. They literally just could have turned down some of the intense post processing and had the pixels look razor sharp.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

And the last I'll blab about the local retro video game expo:

https://twitter.com/KateLibc/status/1011089342184345600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

shyduck posted:

I was at the Too Many Games convention this weekend. Apparently they raised vendor prices significantly, so several sellers that always had really good deals just didn't come this year. Also, the vendors that did attend were less reluctant to give deals, even as the convention was winding down. It was my 5th year in a row attending and it was good, but definitely a letdown from years past.

This was my first year attending, and I showed up an hour before they closed down the vendor area. Which was a good thing because my wallet would've been hurting. It did seem like most vendor's prices were pretty much ebay prices though. Either way I walked away with a good stack of games and had a decent time.

«181 »