Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«90 »
Uncle at Nintendo
Dec 31, 2000

MIYAMOTO-SAN... YOU HAVE MY AXE

I've found its very important how tight or not tight you make the screws inside the NES in terms of reading games properly. Not sure why but it matters. It actually has to be pretty loose on mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I didn't expect this picture to own as hard as it did, I forget how lovely the AGS-101 screens are every time.

IIRC that setup rightly it doesn’t fit the GBC case flush when This does not compute covered it so there’s that to consider.

general chaos
May 20, 2001

Didn't one of the retro roundtable guys announce he would be releasing something new for GBA backlight mods? I remember him saying he was dissatisfied with the current solutions for supplying voltage to the AGB 101 screens inside of classic Gameboy Advances.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

general chaos posted:

Didn't one of the retro roundtable guys announce he would be releasing something new for GBA backlight mods? I remember him saying he was dissatisfied with the current solutions for supplying voltage to the AGB 101 screens inside of classic Gameboy Advances.

That was voultar and he says a lot of stuff. I think he picks up a lot of interesting projects and moves on to other interesting projects before the last one is done. Love the guy, he's great, but he's not good at finishing stuff off that he talks about. To my body.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Well... I screwed up and accidentally hit "Cancel" on my TG submission for Gyruss. Hoping it can get reversed.

BigRed0427
Mar 22, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Woo! I found a copy of Final Fantasy for the NES.

Lizard Wizard
Dec 25, 2004

mep, mep

Is there a reliable way to format flash drives for use with an Xbox? Mine just detects them as "damaged" but doesn't try to format them like so many guides say it should.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

~death to capitalism~
Every DSA is a cop

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is there a reliable way to format flash drives for use with an Xbox? Mine just detects them as "damaged" but doesn't try to format them like so many guides say it should.

If what you're trying to do is do an initial install of a softmod or something, you basically need to use a FAT16-formatted smaller than 4 GB drive to get it read, once you have the softmod or a modchip in you can then use larger drives formatted in FAT32 for transferring files.

Best to go for 1 GB or 2 GB sized drive if you can manage it, some cheap old flash drive as long as it still works.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Well... I screwed up and accidentally hit "Cancel" on my TG submission for Gyruss. Hoping it can get reversed.

Just an update for those who kept their eye on this - I got contacted by TG staff, and they're likely going to reverse my dumb rear end mistake in 24 hours or less.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

agreed 100% tbh

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Lizard Wizard posted:

I had to try a bunch of drives before I got one to work. I had to end up getting a fairly old one. I think I tried 5 before I got them to work. I ended up using a 2gb SanDisk Cruz (I think that's what it's called)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

~death to capitalism~
Every DSA is a cop

Does anyone remember what happened to the project where people were editing GBA game graphics/palettes back to more normal color brightness, to compensate for the original ROMs having brightness-boosts to try to handle the unlit original GBA screen better?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fishmech posted:

Does anyone remember what happened to the project where people were editing GBA game graphics/palettes back to more normal color brightness, to compensate for the original ROMs having brightness-boosts to try to handle the unlit original GBA screen better?

I know there's a patch for FF6 Advance that does this, dunno about other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do u know jenny
Dec 24, 2007

"I Kill Me!!" -Alf

I was playing Final Fantasy 9 for the first time on my laptop. I got pretty far into disc two. Then the hard drive died.

Is there anywhere that I can go to to get my game back to approximately where I was at the same levels? I know it's not going to be perfect but I'm not replaying all of this. Is there some sort of save editor for the game that will plop me somewhere in the middle of the game like that? I can't imagine there's going to be save file downloads that are going to be exactly where I was.

I really want to finish this game but if there's no way to do the above I'm unfortunately going to just give up on it and I don't wanna do that.

«90 »