Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

repiv posted:

Yeah it's probably the screen, ultra high resolution 4:3 panels aren't exactly common so it's probably a custom part.

It's most likely using the same display panels as the Valve Index VR headset, which uses 1600x1440 LCD panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm guessing the reason they sold two Pockets per person was because one of their selling points was that you could play link cable games with it. They even sold their own link cable.

I'm personally going to guess the screen is the difficult to source component. It is pretty much a VR headset screen and VR headsets have always been constrained by those. By the specs, it is most likely the same screen used by the Valve Index.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I don't have a MiSTer, but I really like the concept of it, especially the active development of the firmware. With the Super Nt, you have emulation bugs that are years old that probably will never get fixed because Analogue has pretty much stopped development of their firmware. People have actually investigated issues on their own and pointed to MiSTer git commits that fix the exact same problems, but you just know it will never be fixed on the Analogue hardware.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Detective No. 27 posted:

What? No. The latest firmware update was in February of this year. It's certainly slowed a lot, but SNT came out a year or so before MiSTER, they were really diligent about catching and fixing bugs during that time. The unofficial jailbreak firmware is even able to play some of the special chip ROMs that it wasn't able to play for a while.

No, that was just when the support article for firmware releases was last updated. The last firmware was actually released on 8/8/2019, over a year ago.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Shibawanko posted:

whats the appeal of analogue devices? i never really looked into them. is it just the video and audio output options?

They are designed to let you use your actual carts and controllers while outputting an HDMI signal. No mods or anything like that. You just plug it in, pop in your cart, and you can play.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

mariooncrack posted:

You need to setup a C/C++ development environment. I haven't looked at C/C++ in almost a decade so everything I write might be wrong. The makefile in the repo looks like it's specific for cygwin. Install cygwin, open the folder in the terminal, and then enter the command "make." That will at least get it to start compiling, no guarantee that it'll complete without issue.

It is a Linux makefile so your options are A) Install Linux in a virtual machine and build it there, or B) Use Cygwin or MinGW and try to build it within Windows. And yeah, you load up the Cygwin / MinGW terminal, navigate to the source code directory, and run the "make" command. That should be all you need to do.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
It looks like Zachtronics is planning on releasing the mini-game within their game EXAPUNKS as an NES cartridge.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hack-match-for-the-nes/x/2168158#/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCIsBZ3AVyY

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

katkillad2 posted:

They were in stock for the longest time. Time for me to probably sell mine and patiently wait for them to come back in stock again. It's not impossible that they do a 2.0 of the Super NT and Mega SG also like they did with the Noir.

For every Analogue product that's selling for 2-3x, the price for the Noir is interesting. After you consider fees and shipping, looks like most people on Ebay are losing money or maybe breaking even.

Yeah, I feel like the Mega Sg was easily available for like, a year or more. It was in-stock when I bought my Super Nt. It was in-stock when I bought the Nt Mini Noir. It was in-stock when I pre-ordered the Pocket. It was in-stock when I saw the Duo announcement. I eventually just ordered one since I owned everything else anyway and I never had a Genesis when I was a kid.

It must have recently gone out of stock sometime in the past few months.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd be playing Mother 3 right now, I have a repro cart. But I wanna try the new patch and who knows when my GBA Everdrive is coming in. So I'm playing Golden Sun.

I also have a repro cart. I wonder if you can re-flash them somehow? I'm not entirely sure what it would take, though, and I don't know if it would work differently from official carts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

katkillad2 posted:

It's my Nt Mini Noir... which actually did arrive with the cartridge slot not working. After they repaired it though I haven't had any issues so yea, I guess it's probably the cart. RIP Baseball Simulator 1.000. Most annoying is if I return this, Ebay is going to make me print out a shipping label and I don't have a printer and it's always a giant loving hassle to the point where I'll probably just not return it and buy another :negative:

Try a different firmware version. I know that the latest jailbreak doesn't play Micro Mages correctly while the official firmware doesn't have that problem. Check the GitHub issues on the jailbreak firmware for that game. If it is a compatibility issue, it might be documented there.