Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Rirse posted:

Since they finally got the power supplies in, has anyone got a shipping notice for the OSSC yet? I am worry that I might be in the 100 unlucky delayed group who has to wait a week longer for it to ship.

Just got my shipping email now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, I've finished the 3DS version about a month back after beating the original. It's a much kinder port than the original but this second run has made me aware it's a game with so many very bad design decisions which the remake does nothing for.

That said, I'm not gonna say abandon ship now, just "if/when the game pushes you too far, quit". It doesn't stick the landing on the end.

Any thoughts on the other Dragon Quest games, I assume you're into it if you have played 7 twice.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Finally grabbed a copy of Contra Shattered Soldier. The early 2000's sure were a crazy time. Mandatory edgy intro fmvs with heavy metal music and gritty reboots for all. Great game nonetheless.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

I know Symphony of the Night is a great game but does a loose greatest hits version disc need to cost US$60? What kind of volume print run did those green label games get anyway?

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles is good and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. As long as you accept its a different game to Rondo and both can coexist.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

What the best Shiren the Wanderer game to pick up? Just start with the most recent one?

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

What's the megaeverdrive that won't blow up my console? X5?

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Best part is a replacement second hand console is negligible compared to that of the flash cart.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Americans just can't parse poorly written Scottish accents, and I can't blame them.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Yeah something went weird with my card payment processing but I got an order receipt so see what happens I guess.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

I have zero experience but I think the advice will just be to try another emulator.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Not that guy but I didn't need the extra crap, I can do savestates on the computer and it cost more so I got the X5.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

You Americans have weird expectations when it comes to international mail imo.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Someone romhacked Super Mario Land 2 into a Gameboy Colour version ala' Links Awakening DX

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3784/

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

What's the purpose of the OSSC given you have a PVM?

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Outrun 2000 or basically any Sega published xbox game. And the obligatory Panzer Dragoon Orta.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Seeing Mercenaries reminded me. Freedom Fighters is a great game and I imagine the Xbox port is the next best thing to the PC version.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Not sure if this has been posted?

DF Retro video on Powerslave

https://youtu.be/HCsO8O4W4Fw

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Bingo. Cheap upscalers adding 3-5ms of lag was the primary issue.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

How is T Te Ris the arcade game anyway?

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

It's the Rare collectathon to end all collectathons.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

I'm actually playing Terranigma at the moment and the levelling has been fine so far. But I just hit a boss that the faqs say I need to grind 5 levels higher for or cheese it with 8 magic rings. Bless faqs.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Somehow this store is offering free international shipping on the HD Retrovision SNES and Genesis cables, as well as the Saturn and Playstation adaptors. Great if you have a consumer TV with component in, check their website for compatibility lists. I use them with my OSSC and they are expensive but good.

https://twitter.com/CastleManiaRyan/status/977629604075614209

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Hey buddy, pretty close to my setup (excuse the mess). I kind of wish I had another TV for 480p but my wife would kill me, and I have an OSSC for running XBOX and PS2 480p on my big TV so I can't justify it.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

I think if you buy one of the coloured Wii models (maybe black?) you can assure yourself of a later model revision as they came out later in the consoles lifespan.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

There is a hell and I have seen it.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac/status/992211348800057346?s=19

Sure hope this Neo Geo Mini is not a hoax and is competently designed.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

FWIW I found the Saturn swap trick really easy, just watch a YouTube video of someone doing it to get the timing. I hear it is easier to pull off on some Saturn models though (model 2?). In Saturn talk I played Elevator Action Returns for the first time last night and drat if that isn't an awesome game.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Fusion has great ambiance and I like the X 'gimmick' but other than breezing through doing the bare minimum it's not really worth dicking around with imo. Whoever thought text boxes into a classic style Metroid game was the way to go deserves some kind of pain.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

I feel like there was a Japanese Point Blank collection for Ps2 that also had Time Crisis 1 in it so that solves a few problems.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Breadallelogram posted:

This drat Sega CD won't spin discs.

I know that feel bro. Waiting for some superior recordable medium to arrive in the mail which I hope my geriatric laser will be able to read.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

I would bring something to work to test it before you go to all that effort tbh. Also don't grab it if there is no remote.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Gamesack, the dad joke of video game channels.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

I got a Sega Saturn but I can’t seem to pull off the swap trick. I have a model 2. The best I’ve been able to do is get the Sega license screen to come up, then it crashes or dumps me back to the CD player screen. :mad:

I’m pretty sure the CD I have is good because it says “not suitable for this system” and comes up as a data disk.

I got it down by watching a YouTube video on my phone of someone performing it, then immediately trying myself. Took a couple of tries but it worked. Hearing the mechanism sounds in the video made it easier.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Is there anything more depressing than an arcade machine with 1 joystick.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The audio buzzing when loading cd image music was fixed by a capacitor. There is still a small amount of video noise but you will not notice it on a CRT. There is some diagonal artefacting on large flat colours noticible when using an OSSC. Obvious when playing Bonk but I haven't seen it too bad elsewhere. I think it's still a good device. There is a RGB mod board being created to fix the video issues but they haven't bothered me. YMMV.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

It's me, the guy who is still buying UMDs in 2018, even though my PSP-1000 has a broken umd drive and I just download things on PSP Go.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Me too. You should post about them

I'll consider a psp effort post at some point when they arrive.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The Dreamcast 2 Microsoft Xbox already exists though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

What's the best Bond game that isn't Goldeneye? I vaguely remember a cool third person one, and playing multiplayer on a snow map with cable cars. Split screen FPS multilayer games from the Ps2 era really don't get much credit. Everyone just remembers Goldeneye and Halo.