Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

All New Sonic posted:

Am I alone in thinking that the joystick Nintendo used on their old arcade games was basically perfect?

It's super short, clicky, and fits perfectly between your thumb and index/middle fingers. Did any other companies ever use a stick like this?

These were all metal, right? I know a lot of people praise all metal arcade joysticks.

I played a Frogger arcade machine and the joystick basically had no stick. REALLY good for making VERY quick movement in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Anyway sorry for all the words;I don't really see too many MAME cabinets that don't say "JERRY'S ARCADE PARADISE" on them with Spiderman vs Link artwork on the sides,

Thank you for making a well done MAME Cabinet where the buttons aren't just randomly placed everywhere. It's SO refreshing to see a proper control layout.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

SwissCM posted:

Virtua Racing could have been pretty good on the Jaguar, though Atari would have no doubt hosed it up.

They did their own ripoff of Virtua Racing and if I recall it's a buggy mess. Or was that their Mario Kart ripoff?

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

univbee posted:

Here are pics of my Mario Baby cart + box that was put out by some shop in Montreal (based off the area code for the phone number on the back), while pitching a Famiclone.

So it really WAS called "Mario Baby" in bootleg circles? I heard about this but never saw an actual picture.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

Looney Tunes games you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKcD808luCc

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

Eurgh that is WAY too much Bandai/TOSE shovelware.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

dishwasherlove posted:

Is there anything more depressing than an arcade machine with 1 joystick.

I mean most of em do unless it's a fighting game or co op.

What if I told you... some have NO joystick.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

From GamePro Issue 61, June 1994.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

EGM Issue 24

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

So over a decade ago I got an Amiga 500 and some extras for a ridiculous $7. I only tinkered with it a bit when I first got it and then stashed it away. In that time I lost the power brick and mouse, but someone hooked me up with both, and an RGB cable for my PVM, AND a Gotek USB Floppy Emulator to replace the (Still working) floppy so I can just put ADF files onto a USB and not deal with dying Floppies. (Although I DO collect FDS games cuz I'm an idiot)

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

Ever since I got my Amiga up and running I've realized how much I hate pushing up to jump. Some games actually let you use a Mega Drive controller and have B and C work. (BC Kid, Cool Spot and Joe & Mac let you use 2 buttons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

Man Musk posted:

Friends, does anyone know what game this is from ?

Its from the RetroPals recent Sega Saturn stream. Its "Pinball Graffiti"