Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I was tempted to get the Pocket but I just ordered an IPS GBA SP screen replacement instead. Hopefully I don’t break anything installing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A Wii U is better

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s probably best to just buy a DSi XL while it’s still relatively common instead of waiting for good 3DS filters. Playing DS games on the 3DS has never been a very pleasant experience and I doubt that will change

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There was some fatigue with the SG announcement, people weren’t happy with dedicated devices for each system and not just releasing the core for the Super NT like with the NT mini and the Master System etc. The pocket has some value on it own as a portable device that can run multiple cores so it’s bound to be way more popular.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
May seems so far away

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m glad the Pocket release is so far away. If it was this year I would’ve been tempted, but it being nine months away made me realize I have four devices that can play GB/GBA games natively and three that can emulate them almost perfectly.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just realized that the Pocket will block the Boktai solar sensor, unless the sensor was on both sides on the cart?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t see the point of the dev FPGA if it can’t access the SD card. I thought the idea of it was for devs to port their Mister stuff. Are they releasing SNES or Genesis cart adapters or something? Like what are the “approved” use cases for it?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Everything going out of stock at almost the exact same time is suspicious to me. I did get an order in despite my better judgement though, I sure am bad with money.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Djarum posted:

The whole Pocket thing seems.... weird. Like they are taking preorders for something not produced yet. Wouldn't the smart idea be to take the money from everyone that wants to buy one and then produce that many plus x amount of extras? That is what most places that do something like this does, it's effectively free money to pay for extra stock.

It all seems odd, like how do you sell out of screen protectors and charging cables so quickly.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

pzy posted:

How much are pre-orders being flipped for on eBay? Analogue stuff is nuts.

Lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Since we're talking flashcards how much is an EZ-Flash V 3in1 slot 2 cart going for these days? My DS lite kicked the bucket and I might sell it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sin and Punishment
Mischief Makers
Bomber man Hero or 64

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Ninja Gaiden Black, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Otogi 1&2 are the first things that come to mind

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Byuu is also a furry so that’s another target for Internet assholes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is GBARunner2 running well these days? Last I checked in the sound was kinda funky

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It becomes retro once people born in its release year can vote. It’s the law

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If it never had an eshop it’s retro

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Agrias120 posted:

https://www.black-dog.tech/gc-loader-pnp.html

GC Loaders are up for sale with "plenty of inventory; won't sell out anytime soon."

Tempted to get this despite having multiple hacked Wiis that can play my GameCube backups already. I probably should not partake

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Shibawanko posted:

do kids nowadays like old games in general or do they just go straight for tablet stuff? i sometimes talk about games with my students (teens) but they generally only vaguely know that the snes existed, for instance

In my experience with my eight to ten year old relatives they like snes to ps1 2D stuff, and hate most 3D stuff until mid 360 gen outside of Nintendo’s games. But usually they just ask to play whatever their favorite streamer was just playing

hatty fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 6, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only reason I knew about the Saturn growing up is there was one hooked up in a hotel my family went to in North Carolina during our vacation. The only games available were Bug! And some hockey game. It stormed pretty hard that summer so I spent two days trapped in the hotel just playing Bug, It left me with a pretty bad impression of the system.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

The Voice of Labor posted:

were there any good 2.5d games besides klonoa?

Strider 2 was fun does that count?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
As long as you don’t stretch to widescreen, that’s the only wrong decision

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'll take the load bearing PS2 at the bottom of the box

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m just glad Smash fans are so dedicated that new official GameCube controllers keep getting manufactured. My DS2 is getting somewhat mushy and unresponsive and my duke is missing it’s breakaway cable.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Pretty good posted:

The new ones don't have real analogue shoulder buttons though, right?

The ones with the Smash Bros logo on them do for sure unless I’m an idiot and don’t notice them missing. The PowerA ones are digital I think but I can’t be completely sure since I’ve never used one.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I was thinking about getting into the Saturn, is the Satiator the end all be all or is the MODE superior in some ways if I’m not shy about tearing out the disc drive.

hatty fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 31, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thanks, yeah I’ll probably just go with the MODE and maybe get one for my Dreamcast too eventually. I assume it doesn’t matter which region model you get if you get the AR cart. I like the look of the Japanese model and it seems to be cheaper too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m afraid that one day I’ll have to put a lovely cheap battery into my DS lite and it’ll catch fire and burn my house down

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Something about emulating handheld games on a big screen bothers me. I should just buy a stupid phone controller grip already

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Spirit Tracks is under appreciated, I enjoyed myself all the way through. Well, except for the janky flute playing sequences.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ve got an extra functional wavebird that I keep in the safe like a government bond. My day will come

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have three Wii’s somewhere so I can only hope

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The N64 has some of my favorite games on it but it was a terrible system overall. Would be the worst Nintendo if the Virtual boy didn’t exist.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gamecube has Super Monkey Ball 2 so it could truly never be the worst Nintendo system

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Skyward Sword would be good if they removed everything that existed between dungeons

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch must be amazing if you weren’t an idiot like me and bought a Wii U

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if those days are over with the commitment to backwards compatibility and subscription services.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Swappa does games now I’m not sure how active the market is though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How risky is it to buy a Saturn with a broken disk drive off of eBay? I'll have no way of testing that it works before ordering the MODE but it seems a shame to dismantle a functional disc drive