Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Only Shallow posted:

Are there any good 8bitdo style wireless controllers for Sega systems? My wife has been sick and wanted to play Genesis in bed and the only thing I have to offer her are lovely 90s IR wireless controllers which do work but are annoying.

Ugh, if you love her, get a real Genesis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

GutBomb posted:

This leads to a question I've been wondering about those trio power supplies. Is the regular use of those to have them hooked up to all 3 consoles at once (and obviously just have one console turned on at a time) or are they really just meant to be used on one console at a time but keep the manufacturer from having to have 3 different products with different connectors?

What you have is a lovely Chinese knock off power supply. They generally work, unless the console pulls a little more juice, in which case they don't provide it, causing graphical glitches and other problems. They 100% won't work if you plug in all three heads and try to turn on the systems. They MAY not even work if you plug in all three and only turn one console on, due to small power draws while the systems not being used are plugged in.

Bottom line they suck, but I have one I use myself with my SNES, but I understand the problems with it. It also may not work with flashcarts as they can draw more power than a normal cartridge.

After market PSUs are good if you by a quality one, it's just most are not quality. The best thing to do is make sure it's putting out enough amps, go for double the recommended rating from the console. That will ensure you get one with plenty of juice to go around. Don't confuse amps for volts or watts.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Asbrandt posted:

You've done some good stuff here but my first thought is simply... please stop subjecting human hands to flat horizontal button layouts.

Kevtris called it the Zimba 2500, compared to the NT Mini's Zimba 2000. So its more than the Mini, but it's not the true beast yet.
Notably, it's still using DRAM instead of SRAM (for cost reasons) so some high speed things are simply out of reach for it, like the SNES' SA-1 addon chip and the PC-Engine/TG16.

Not to doubt you, but can you point to where this is coming from? If it can do the SNES, it sure as hell can do a much older and less complex, 8-bit enhanced NES, the PC-Engine.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Asbrandt posted:

Fancy words.

Sure, but can you link to where Kevin Horton said so?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Pegnose Pete posted:

Perhaps a silly question but to extension cables like this introduce any kind of lag?
I use SFC controllers and the cables are so drat short, even sitting on the floor right in front of my CRT they are a pain in the rear end.

I buy knock off Chinese cables on eBay for $2 shipped and they work fine. Got NES, SNES, and PCE ones so far. Sometimes a wire won't work, but drat, for $2 SHIPPED for two cables, it's not a big deal.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

d0s posted:

All the Pandora's box stuff is emulation. They're just crappy single board computers running hacked up MAME. Those things are laughably bad man. Something like an XX in 1 Neo-Geo MVS cart is legit though, just like a console multicart. I'm going to send you a PM about some other stuff

No sorry, the XX in 1 NG are terrible as well, with hosed up sound, poo poo games, graphic problems, missing levels, and oh, they might even shorten the life of your system.

The NEO SD is a better option, or if you can wait for it, the Darksoft NEO Flashcart seems like it may be cool as well.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

d0s posted:

this is all a bit exaggerated, don't you think? The neo SD costs four hundred dollars, you can get a burner single slot MVS and a flashcart for like $150. I've heard that most of the games on it run fine. And they have most of the good MVS games, so idk where "poo poo games" comes from.

falz posted:

I haven't used the 161 in 1 extensively yet, but i'm happy that its not emulation at least. Pulstar seemed to have its audio shift to get a lot louder halfway through some level, maybe other games have obscure glitches like that but somehow that seems better than emulation issues like lovely filters, screen tearing, etc.

Also Neo SD sounds like a good idea, but aren't loading times literally many minutes? Maybe that helps with OCD game switching I guess.

Re my earlier questions about XX in 1 to play Burgertime, since they all require emulation, maybe something ilke this Rpi-Jamma board is the best choice as I'm primarily interested in pre-16 bit stuff.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/arpicade-raspberry-pi-multicade-jamma-pcb-adaptor-for-arcade-multigame.html

Well, much of the 161-1 is bull-poo poo hacks of games that are already on there, like pallet swapped KoFXX times 5. So much of the game roster is filled with hacked crap. Then it IS missing many of the top NG games. Then, there is the issue that many legit games have been shaved of content to make them fit. Missing sprites, sounds, etc. Also, many games are set on the wrong difficulty with the option to change removed or missing. Oh by the way, some of them can actually cause damaged to your NG b/c of wrong voltages in the way they are made. Will yours be like this? No way to tell as they are inconsistent across different builds even from the same seller to include what is missing from the games.

All that being said, if it's "just $150 (it's not)" to get one AND a NG to play it on, why they hell would you? If you're worried about money, a emulator system would likely get you all the NG games, with the better accuracy under $50. If you're interested in accuracy (or authenticity) then why would you buy one of these for the reasons listed above?

They are poo poo.

Official Games Included
2020 SUPER BASEBALL
3 COUNT BOUT
AERO FIGHTERS 2
AERO FIGHTERS 3
ALPHA MISSION 2
ANDRO DUNOS
ART OF FIGHTING 2
BANG BEAD
BASEBALL STARS 2
BATTLE FLIP SHOT
BLAZING STAR
BLUE'S JOURNEY
BREAKERS
BREAKERS REVENGE
BURNING FIGHT
CAPTAIN TOMADAY
CROSSED SWORDS
DOUBLE DRAGON
EIGHT MAN
FAR EAST OF EDEN
FATAL FURY
FIGHTERS SWORDS (Korean SSIII)
FOOTBALL FRENZY
GANRYU
KARNOV'S REVENGE
KING OF MONSTERS
KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
KOF 2001
KOF 2002
KOF 2003
KOF 94
KOF 95
KOF 96
KOF 97
KOF 98
KOF 99
LAST BLADE
LAST BLADE 2
LAST RESORT
LEGEND SUCCESS JOE
MAGICAL DROP 2
MAGICAL DROP III
MARK OF THE WOLVES
MASTER OF SYOUGI
MATRIMELEE
METAL SLUG
METAL SLUG 2
METAL SLUG 3
METAL SLUG 4
METAL SLUG X
MONEY PUZZLE EXCH
MUTATION NATION
NEO BOMBERMAN
NEO DRIFT OUT
NEO MR. DO!
NEO TURF MASTERS
NEO-GEO CUP 98
NIGHTMARE
NINJA COMMANDO
OVER TOP
PANIC BOMBER
PLEASURE GOAL
PRE ISLE 2
PULSTAR
PUZZLE BOBBLE
PUZZLE BOBBLE 2
PUZZLE DE PON
PUZZLE DE PON! R!
RAGE OF DRAGONS
ROBO ARMY
SAMURAI SHODOWN
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
SAMURAI SHODOWN 4
SAMURAI V SPECIAL
SAVAGE REIGN
SENGOKU
SENGOKU 3
SHOCK TROOPERS 2ND
SOCCER BRAWL
SPIN MASTER
STAKES WINNER
STAKES WINNER 2
STREET HOOP
STRIKERS 1945 +
SUPER DODGE BALL
SUPER SIDEKICKS 2
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3
THE LAST SOLDIER (Korean Last Blade)
THRASH RALLY
TOP HUNTER
ULTIMATE 11
VIEWPOINT
WORLD HEROES
WORLD HEROES 2
ZED BLADE
ZUPAPA

TOTAL: 97

Bootlegs/Hacks Included
ART OF FIGHTING 2+
C.T.H.D
C.T.H.D SUPER PLUS
DOUBLE DRAGON +
KARNOV'S REVENGE +
KING OF GLADIATOR
KOF 05 UNIQUE
KOF 05 UNIQUE 2
KOF 10TH
KOF 10TH EXTRA +
KOF 2001 PLUS
KOF 2002 CN
KOF 2002 ICE-BLUE
KOF 2002 LUAN
KOF 2002 MAGIC
KOF 2002 MAGIC 2
KOF 2002 OROCHI
KOF 2002 SUPER
KOF 2002 SUPER 2
KOF 2003 CHANGE
KOF 2004 SE
KOF 2004 SE PLUS
KOF 2004 SMP
KOF 94 +
KOF 95 +
KOF 96 +
KOF 96 EVO
KOF 97 2003
KOF 97 CR
KOF 97 PJ
KOF 97 PLUS
KOF 97 REMIX
KOF 97 YL
KOF 98 +
KOF 98 OROCHI
KOF 98 ULTIMATE
KOF 99 +
KOF 99 CN
KOG PLUS
LANSQUENET 2004
LAST BLADE +
LAST BLADE 2 +
LAST BLADE 2 EASY
MARK OF WOLVES +
MATRIMELEE +
METAL SLUG +
METAL SLUG 2 +
METAL SLUG 3 +
METAL SLUG 4 +
METAL SLUG 6
METAL SLUG 6 +
METAL SLUG X +
NIGHTMARE SP
RAGE OF DRAGONS +
SAMURAI SHODOWN +
SAMURAI SHODOWN 2+
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3+
SAMURAI SHODOWN 4+
SENGOKU 3 +
SNK VS CAPCOM +
SNK VS CAPCOM RMX
SPIN MASTER +
STRIKERS 1945 + +
SVC SUPER PLUS

TOTAL: 64

Missing Games
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 3
Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki
Baseball Stars Professional
Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
Cyber-Lip
Digger Man
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury 3
Flip Shot
Galaxy Fight
Ghost Pilots
Ghostlop
Goal Goal Goal
Gururin
Irritating Maze
Jockey Grandprix
King of Fighters 2000
King of the Monsters 2
League Bowling
Mahjong Kyoretsuden
Magician Lord
Metal Slug 5
Minnasano Okagesamadesu
Nam 1975
Ninja Combat
Ninja Master's
Pochi & Nyaa
Pop 'N Bounce
Power Spikes II
Puzzled
Quest of Jong Master
Quiz Daisousa Sen
Quiz King of Fighters
Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
Ragnagard
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Riding Hero
Samurai Shodown V
Sengoku 2
Shock Troopers
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos (official)
Super Sidekicks
Tecmo World Soccer 96
The Super Spy
Top Players Golf
Twinkle Star Sprites
V-Liner
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
Waku Waku 7
Windjammers
World Heroes 2 Jet
World Heroes Perfect

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

^^^ By the way, full disclosure, I own two XXX in 1 carts, but I also own 3 Neo Geos and they are OK for the price I paid. I would NEVER tell someone who is trying to get into NG to buy one then one of the carts though as for the money, it's not worth it for the reasons listed above. If you have all the info and still want one, more power to you!

That being said, when the DS multi-flash cart comes out, I'd be happy to sell my XXX in 1 carts off to you guys pretty cheap if still want them.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

I bought a Pro Action Replay for $35, not the 1st version though, but the 2nd one with the extra pins for the special chips. Extra bonus, I can now play PAL games too.

I DON'T want to break my tabs either brah!

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There are no tabs on a game genie for snes. When I play SFC carts on my snes I just use the game genie.

Don’t buy some adapter or cut the tabs off. Just get a game genie. Problem solved.

Sorry dude, someone has already broken off your tabs b/c the SNES GG for sure has the tabs, same as the SNES itself.

Here is a picture of it:

http://starboy91.blogspot.com/2013/09/alcahest-sfc-review.html

And a video showing you how to break them off, not that anyone needs a video, but eh, millennials...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z7p-s1RaSc

Not to mention that no GG has the pass through boards for the special SNES chip games. Again, Action Replay v2 FTW.

I will not break my tabs off my 3-4 systems, call me weird..

I do have two SFCs though, and as stated, I just bought an Action Replay v2 to use as my converter (and it has the special chip edges too).

XtraSmiley fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 17, 2017

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

SpaceAceJase posted:

How many hours until the Krikzz sale?
What are you buying?

Hours unknown, SD2SNES, Everdrive 64 v3!

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Thanks for this, order put in, $303.60! Last year I waited until actual late BF and didn't get my order until February, since he got such a large back order!

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Breadallelogram posted:

Think I'm going to wait for the stone age gamer sale to start before I order my ever drive 64.

Because of shipping or another reason?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Krikzz cancelled my order for some reason. I went and punched reorder so hopefully I don't get screwed here.

He keeps the BF discount up for the week, so don't sweat it too much.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

I just hope I don't end up way down the list for shipping.

Well, if it's in stock, you really shouldn't' worry. If it gets back ordered, well, I didn't get my order until February last year...

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

All New Sonic posted:

:hellyeah:

Kinda wanted an Everdrive-GBA as well, but I have an old M3 Perfect that still (mostly) works well enough. Maybe next year.

Why didn't you go for the x7?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Tree Dude posted:

From Krikzz black friday sale. Thanks y'all I'll be patient.

Same here, an N64 ver3 and an SD2SNES. From Ukraine to the US about a week, but after that tracking is a no-go, nothing yet, but I'm in Hawaii. Last year, after it hit the US it took 20 days, so I guess I'm getting close to getting it.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Dude, thanks for the link, this is very cool! Is it any better than the Advance versions? Or is it a gen behind and not worth playing?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

The American Dream posted:

darn, those plug and play arcade sticks look really cool. I figured they were probably too good to be true.

Eh, they are not that bad. I'm an accuracy whore myself, but I even played the 4s and figured, for the money ($250 shipped) it wasn't that big of a deal for the average gamer, maybe not for the autistic goon though...

Note that the buttons and sticks are poo poo quality too... but again, $250 for a full set up.

PM if you want a reputable guy in Canada.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

yeah the key word there was shoddy SOAC solutions

the FPGA is basically a really loving good SOAC solution

Actually, the FPGA is an FPGA. What you really mean is that Kevin's programming of the FPGA is producing a solution that is better than any other SOAC solution currently out.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Negrostrike posted:

I always thought it was because the replaced tracks had some samples that couldn't be properly replicated on MIDI. IIRC Hydrocity Zone 1 was composed by MJ and they kept that one.

This I think has now been revealed to be an urban legend. It turns out that MJ did have interested in doing some music, even did a demo/sample with just his voice, but Sega never put it into the game.

Good urban legend, but sadly just not true and as a result, not a reason Sonic 3 hasn't been re-released (which in itself isn't true as you can currently get it on several platforms).

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

XtraSmiley posted:

This I think has now been revealed to be an urban legend. It turns out that MJ did have interested in doing some music, even did a demo/sample with just his voice, but Sega never put it into the game.

Good urban legend, but sadly just not true and as a result, not a reason Sonic 3 hasn't been re-released (which in itself isn't true as you can currently get it on several platforms).

Quoting my own post to say, hmm, after looking around, despite the Sonic programmers and Sega denying this there are some stories form the composers saying he did work on it. It's not clear who's lying I guess, but also, since he's not credited, I doubt his estate could sue for rights now. I guess it's still a mystery?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

GutBomb posted:

Voultar just posted a video a couple days ago of a full NESRGB install into an AV Famicom. He removed the 3 passives from the board since the majority of SNES SCART cables have them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MuwkiV4aPs

I finally started using a donor cart shell for my everdrive n8 instead of just using the bare board. Found an old crappy sports game to use. Much better.

Nice, I'd just chuck that older game, you'll probably never want to swap back from the N8...

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

As an owner of 28 original games, including 8 vectors, I have to say that machine you posted isn't that bad. The layout is clean, the sides have room for art, and for a vertical system, it's set up pretty well, although I think the controls are too close to the screen for my taste.

The future is not CRT and although I love my CRT systems, it's time to realize that going forward, this is what we have to look forward to.

That being said, as 8K monitors start popping up, I'm going to bet that vectors might start looking pretty sweet if emulated properly on them. Never as good as the real thing, but hey, the future and all...

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Do any goons have a recommendation for a nice Supergun setup? I'd really like one of the Jasen Customs ones, but he stopped making them about 4 months ago.

I'm looking for a fully consoled one, meaning its in a box, pro looking job, including all needed power/wiring, etc. Basically one as close to the Jasen Customs one as possible.

It just doesn't seem like many are made anymore.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Yes.. uh, derail...

So to play some retro arcade games I'm looking into a Supergun, anyone got one they use and like?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

d0s posted:

you said you were looking for a finished product and not a bare board, so pretty much anything from here will serve you well (they ship to the US), I recommend the AV-7000 with the 9000TB stick or the boardmaster if you want an all in one. the raijin is cool too. these things are expensive but of really high quality. on the other end of the spectrum you can get this or this. I don't know anything about the ones sold on other sites that are in project boxes or whatever but if you really want something in a case on the cheap just buy one of those two board only ones (preferably the one by the shmups forum dude) and stick it in a case with some panel mount connectors

Thanks a ton, I'll check these out. I've got the itch and my arcades are in storage...

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

^^^Great post, thanks for sharing. I've never seen sealed PC10 stuff and I've been collecting arcade stuff (off line collecting only) for 20 years!

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

drrockso20 posted:

cause I've got nothing better to do, here's a full list of the games I've currently got on my SNES Classic(besides the official ones of course);

Actraiser
Aero Fighters
Aero The Acro-Bat
Aero The Acro-Bat 2
Arcade's Greatest Hits^
Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection^
Art of Fighting
Axelay
B.O.B.*
Bahamut Lagoon
Bio Metal
Blackthorne
BlaZeon
Brain Lord
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Bust-A-Move
Cacoma Knight in Bizyland
Captain America and The Avengers^
Captain Commando
Chrono Trigger
Cybernator
Darius Twin
Demon Child Zenki- Battle Raiden
Demon's Crest
D-Force
Donkey Kong Country 2*
Donkey Kong Country 3
Dragon Quest 1&2
Dragon Quest 3
Dragon Quest V
E.V.O.- Search For Eden
Earthworm Jim
Equinox
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fighter's History
Final Fantasy- Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy 2(US Version)
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Fire Striker
Front Mission
Front Mission- Gun Hazard
Ghoul Patrol
Godzilla- Kaiju Daikessen
Gourmet Sentai Barayarou
Gradius 3
The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey & Minnie
Gundam Wing- Endless Duel
GunForce
Hagane- The Final Conflict
Harvest Moon
HyperZone
Imperium
Jaki Crush
Jelly Boy 2
Joe & Mac*
Joe & Mac 2- Lost In The Tropics
Kendo Rage
Killer Instinct*
The King of Dragons
King of The Monsters
King of The Monsters 2
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Lagoon
The Legend of The Mystical Ninja
Live a Live
The Lost Vikings
The Lost Vikings 2
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
Lufia 2- Rise of The Sinistrals
Magic Sword
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow
Mazinger Z
Mecarobot Golf
Mega Man & Bass
Mega Man 7
Mega Man Soccer
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Metal Combat- Falcon's Revenge
Metal Marines
Metal Max Returns
Metal Morph
Metal Warriors
Mickey Mania
Mickey to Donald- Magical Adventure 3
Micro Machines
Musya
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Ogre Battle- The March of The Black Queen
Phalanx
Disney's Pinocchio*
Pocky & Rocky
Pocky & Rocky 2
Pop'n TwinBee
Populous
Raiden Trad
R-Type 3- The Third Lightning
Run Saber
Samurai Showdown
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Shadowrun
Skyblazer
Smart Ball
Soldiers of Fortune
Soul Blazer
Space Megaforce
Sparkster
Sunset Riders
Super Adventure Island
Super Adventure Island 2
Super Bomberman
Super Bomberman 2
Super Buster Bros
Super Godzilla
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Nova
Super R-Type
Super Robot Wars 3
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars- The Empire Strikes Back
Super Star Wars- The Return of The Jedi
Tactics Ogre- Let Us Cling Together
Tales of Phantasia
Tetris & Dr Mario
Tetris 2
Tetris Attack
Thunder Spirits
Tuff E Nuff
The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang
U.N. Squadron
Ultraman- Towards The Future
Umihara Kawase
Undercover Cops
Vegas Stakes
Vortex
Wild Guns
World Heroes
World Heroes 2
Xardion
Yoshi's Cookie
Ys 3- Wanderers From Ys
Ys 4- Mask of The Sun
Ys 5- Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand
Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

*games which I own physical copies(some of the built in games also qualify)
^games which I'll probably be removing in the future

anything I should add(that isn't one of those games that doesn't work with the Canoe emulator that the SNES Classic uses by default)?

EVERYONE should dump Cybernator in the trash and get the English translated Japanese version. Then play it after you beat Front Mission: Gun Hazard. Follow them both up with Metal Warriors. You're welcome.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

d0s posted:

Don't play that third game, it's wack e: thats mean, play it and judge for yourself. to me it feels like a really cheap imitation of better mech games

What! You're crazy! It's not exactly the same type of game, I mean it's US designed, but it's still really cool!

I mean there's no such thing as a wrong opinion, except maybe yours regarding Metal Warriors... :P

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Captain Rufus posted:

https://edladdin.com/Arcade-Controllers_c2.htm Have fun. Enjoy wasting lots of money though. I'm hoping he makes one for the Intellivision as at least my hilariously uggo Sears variant has the most uncomfortable buttons ever.

These cases are perfect for a joystick I want to build, any idea where this guy gets them?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Baron Snow posted:

If you're looking for modular and metal, may I suggest https://allfightsticks.com/shop ?

You'll get a cleaner top surface and not have the issue that I see d0s has already brought up now that I've hit reply.

These are awesome, but, 1. WAY to loving expensive once you add top, sides, and bottom to it. and 2. I need something for an LS-30, and these, although very cool, aren't deep enough.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Maybe this isn’t a Gun-con... it certainly isn’t like the PS2 guns I have...

What you have there is a "Super Jolt" gun, but it looks like you are missing the pedal. This is THE BEST PS1 GunCon gun. Best kick and of course had the pedal. I had two, a black one and a camo one.

Google it and you'll find it. If you got it cheap you got a great deal. The recoil might not work b/c you're missing the pedal or maybe the power plug. It needed it's own power to do the recoil.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Hey guys... I did it:

https://youtu.be/_m19AmQUzPk

I bought this for a dollar. One whole dollar. Power supply used is a 12v I had lying around for no good reason (might be a hub power supply).

Oh man. I have a GunCon knockoff with recoil for PS1 and Saturn, and I didn’t even have a Saturn light gun before!

Oh man... overload...

Awesome, I’m glad you got it working. Did my info help? What was the problem?

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Code Jockey posted:

Decades old japanese plastic continues to consume more and more space in my house, like expensive kudzu

Umm, I love it, new thread title please.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Bonobos posted:

Hmm, Monitor Burn is this something you can do if I were to buy one of these devices (SD3) and send to you? How much would you charge? I suck at soldering.

No need, all new ones have the fix applied. The RGB out still isn’t the best though, but probably something you’ll only notice on the OSSC and a big TV.

If you’re going to spend the money, get this and a Supergrafx, you’ll have the whole library at your fingers for around $700 after caps.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

I get all my news from Vice. The HBO show is the hardest hitting journalism in modern times.

This. Vice News (the 30 minute M-Th show) is the best US news there is.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

TVs Ian posted:

Ok, now I'm wondering if I can mod one of those carts to hold an Everdrive board.

Theoretically, it should just need something cut out for the MicroSD, right? Maybe I'll experiment with my Super Mario Bros cartridge and see if things line up right.

It'd be great if I didn't have to cut it and just had the MicroSD internal, not like I'm going to be swapping files around very often...

Please post results, cause now I want to do this, but don't want to cut the shell. I usually never change the SD card, so as long as it fits.. it's time to hit eBay!

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

LuiCypher posted:

The base is too cheap? $250 makes it more expensive than a Super NT or an OSSC. According to the website, the base unit may not even include one of the modules, so to replicate the functionality of a Super NT will cost you $310 (and even then, the Super NT will likely be the superior performer since it is an FPGA system whereas this may not be).

I know it's nitpicking, but I grouse a bit about the phrase '...without the clutter and sub-par video quality of using the old retro systems.' they use in their materials. I can see this being true for some systems (i.e., those that do not natively output RGB), but not for others.

All that being said, I can see why the guy you work with would find this the ideal solution for him, and if he's willing to spend the money on this and it gives him joy... well, then he's the target market and he'll probably be happy with it. Ain't much I can say that should/would detract from that.

Well, I'm in no way endorsing this product, but I guess the cool part of spending $250, plus $60 per module (base unit does NOT include a module) is that they are building in all sorts of streaming options into the system. Also, it's online, which will do some sort of cataloging and tracking of, uh, something. A lot of details have not been released, however they said they will release all the details to include emulation/simulation details when pre-orders go live, and that should be in August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Crackbone posted:

I’m waiting for the Zimba 5000 but Kevtris hasnt said poo poo about it for almost two years.

He has said that since Analog hired him, it's been put on hold, since they are paying him to create it basically for their system. In a few (5+?) years when he has all the cores done, he will release the Zimba 3000, although by the time it happens, maybe it will be the 5000...

He has answered this question a few time since working on the NT, but lately he's be silent b/c of an NDA on his next project. The easy money is on a Sega "NT".