Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

There was a cool show (not manga sorry, it was a Light Novel adaptation) that I never hear anyone talk about called Starship Operators. Long story short: A planet with a navy of two warships gets attacked and one immediately surrenders. The other was out running training manuvers with a bunch of junior cadets and they end up refusing to surrender and start up a government in exile on the ship.

Also they fund the war by selling the rights to thier story and having it transmitted as a reality TV show

They take the space fighting very seriously, even if the relationships and TV plot stuff is kind of silly. Thier first engagement is against a mass driver installed on an asteroid, and it effectively has infinite ammo because it can keep digging up asteroid chunks, for example.

Not a 10/10 show, or even a 7/10 show by any means but I enjoyed it just because it had some interesting stuff in it.

i actually watched this cause you asked if anyone saw it in some thread last year. its pretty interesting yeah, although obviously rather low budget with a large part of its screen time taking up by looking at green screens and graphs. still, for anyone that wants hard sci fi its definitely worth checking

not as hard as some of the others, but id also recommend real drive. its a series by shirow thats very overlooked. its a bit of slow starter, and doesnt have the greatest of endings but it does a lot of interesting sci fi stuff with virtual reality and the environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread