Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Beamed posted:

in today’s swiftui news, Apples documentation references functions that straight up don’t exist at all. it’s extremely good poo poo how unusable Xcode-swift-swiftui are when working together

laughing my goddamned rear end off if you use SwiftUI

also LMAO at some guy making renders of what unannounced Apple products might look like and having it be treated as news

extra LMAO if the new Mac Pro doesn’t have a real GPU in it (it won’t)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it'll have a real apple™ brand gpu

what else would you need?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
seriously, who is dying to spend $texas on a three year old firepro or whatever the gently caress? what would you even do with it?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

I can tell its pro because its PRObably lame

sick

burn

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

infernal machines posted:

seriously, who is dying to spend $texas on a three year old firepro or whatever the gently caress? what would you even do with it?

the answer is always video editing (now with AI!)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Block posted:

laughing my goddamned rear end off if you use SwiftUI

also LMAO at some guy making renders of what unannounced Apple products might look like and having it be treated as news

extra LMAO if the new Mac Pro doesn’t have a real GPU in it (it won’t)

mate i’m just envious it’s not one of us making the renders and getting headline news for unfounded speculation

infiltrating the tech news world with a hypothetical yosmac or yosphone would actually be loving epic

🤔

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Workaday Wizard posted:

the answer is always video editing (now with AI!)

sure, but if you give a poo poo about gpu accelerated rendering you're not using a mac for editing

but doubtless apple's gpu will be the second coming for all those final cut pro users

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
finally arrived today

giving them the ol’ audio workout right now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

do they look as dumb as the renders?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I dunno man. Those seem okay but are they made by the same company that made all the US spacesuits?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I dunno man. Those seem okay but are they made by the same company that made all the US spacesuits?

Wish you'd climb into a spacesuit and leave the planet!!

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

infernal machines posted:

do they look as dumb as the renders?

look okay to me.

listening to them right now, black flag has never sounded better.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

qirex posted:

I keep thinking I'll get one of these and a 500 gig card so I'll stay off my phone

thanks for the tip! noone has made that type of device for a long time (other than dx.com-style noname brands), guess i'll have to order one now

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Drastic Actions posted:

look okay to me.

listening to them right now, black flag has never sounded better.

listen to bass I love you by bassotronic and report back

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Oh man, my first iPod was a 8gb iPod Mini 2nd Gen and I actually had to save up to buy the loving thing despite being a 25 year old adult with his own apartment. Those were the days.

its weird that my phone is several times what my nano cost and the nano is still the bigger purchase

2021 is now the year of the thicc mac htpc workstation

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

loling at the tiny mac pro

maybe if we're very good it will fit full-sized graphics cards

macs dont need anything more than integrated gpus

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

apple are such enormous gently caress ups with the mac pro

stop trying to do something special, either give up on pro poo poo entirely (which is clearly what they want, they seem to just keep it around for the halo effect on other products) or just make another cheesegrater in a normal case. everyone who would buy one loved that form factor

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

how embarassing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if its profitable (which it almost certainly is) theres no reason to give up on the pro branding.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Gentle Autist posted:

stop trying to do something special, either give up on pro poo poo entirely (which is clearly what they want, they seem to just keep it around for the halo effect on other products) or just make another cheesegrater in a normal case. everyone who would buy one loved that form factor

they did that though, apparently no one bought it. if i had to guess, because it costs as much as a pro workstation, and everyone willing to spend that much for a pro workstation moved off of macs in 2013 when they stopped making the cheesegrater pro the first time.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the existence of a mac pro implies the existence of the mac noob

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Gentle Autist posted:

how embarassing

sounds like a dream

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Drastic Actions posted:

finally arrived today

this tune cranks. the guitar tone is italian kiss

Gentle Autist posted:

how embarassing

no need to tell us what your dad said about your rollerblades

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

how embarassing

What would you put on to test those headphones?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

from my vague knowledge of audiophile behavior, the only acceptable things to test headphones with are beethoven, the eagles, or steely dan

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

What would you put on to test those headphones?

alexa reading your posts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

from my vague knowledge of audiophile behavior, the only acceptable things to test headphones with are beethoven, the eagles, or steely dan

aja man, aja

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Wild EEPROM posted:

the existence of a mac pro implies the existence of the mac noob

it's u, op

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i thought they all loved dire straights for some reason

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

who doesn't?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's always hilarious reading a review from a wannabe audiophile on Amazon, they're always listening to some drek and talking about how they can clearly hear the resonance of the vocals and the clear, consonant highs

Kill me when I become a boomer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Drastic Actions posted:

finally arrived today

did you get the boob handbag

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

haveblue posted:

all AirPods max come with them

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

the case really is poo poo.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it’s not even a case it’s more like a cover

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I assume the headband is aluminum. can you tell if the tubes are hollow?

e: i guess they must be. can you just post a picture of the top of it, especially a close up of the Y joint? i am curious about manufacturing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Drastic Actions posted:

the case really is poo poo.

oh wow. oh wow. oh wow.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

I assume the headband is aluminum. can you tell if the tubes are hollow?

e: i guess they must be. can you just post a picture of the top of it, especially a close up of the Y joint? i am curious about manufacturing

ifixit did a teardown of them, that should tell you what you wanna know about that, cuz I don't!

so far I would say that, after listing to a bunch of music and podcasts, and watching some 7.1 stuff on Netflix and Apple TV, they're good. sound good. feels alright although a little heavy because of the metal. after setting it up on my iPhone it showed up on all my other apple devices and did the trade off stuff automatically. it's nice.

the case is totally poo poo though. don't get what they were thinking there. feels bad to hold, already has scuff marks on it, doesn't cover the headband at all.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
when you take the headphones out of the case the two ear cups will hit each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
how did i not know about this command before

say -v "?"