Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689060&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=2023#post519061488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Sniep posted:

m1 mbp crew question: do the speakers, while sounding great at most things, just do a big disservice to youtube / talking head type voice? like i wish there was a setting now to make it "punchier" or just more mid/highs

like its just laboring to listen to male voiced youtubes / podcasts without cranking the volume up above where you'd normally have to.

dont have mine yet but if its bad im sure you can mess with the equalizer with one of the rogue amoeba apps (probably soundsource)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i lasted like 7 posts, thanks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

I'm also more of a midrange phone user but I've bought like 4 or 5 phones over that period of time for various reasons. I was on Boost Mobile

my brains are leaking out of my ears after just reading that page. thanks for the link lmao

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

my brains are leaking out of my ears after just reading that page. thanks for the link lmao

i thought they'd dodge the bait but that thread went at it like piranhas :allears:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the musk thread in cspam is currently enjoying cspam's finest computer janitors demonstrating their incredible knowledge about android

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah someone accurately compared android to Tesla products and it triggered some folks lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

its an even funnier comparison now that some android phones have a gimmick that makes them less reliable, harder to repair but make idiots go ooooh and swear its the future of the industry

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

njsykora posted:

its an even funnier comparison now that some android phones have a gimmick that makes them less reliable, harder to repair but make idiots go ooooh and swear its the future of the industry

what would that be? i don't follow android news

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

go play outside Skyler posted:

what would that be? i don't follow android news

folding phones, ie the ones that keep destroying their screens 6 months after they come out

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
you're folding it wrong

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chris Knight posted:

you're folding it wrong

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

njsykora posted:

folding phones, ie the ones that keep destroying their screens 6 months after they come out

does anyone actually buy those? ive yet to see an example in the wild

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i'm sure bull has 3 by now

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

carry on then posted:

i'm sure bull has 3 by now

i think only 2

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if the new razr was actually two smaller screens with a real hinge i might have actually thought about buying it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
sounds like you want a surface duo, friend

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no i have the best phone in the world now. im good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Don't we have our own version of this in the musk thread? The guy who buys a new car every year or something?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yes lol

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Sniep posted:

m1 mbp crew question: do the speakers, while sounding great at most things, just do a big disservice to youtube / talking head type voice? like i wish there was a setting now to make it "punchier" or just more mid/highs

https://www.globaldelight.com/boom/

I use this all the time to make the Pebble V3 speakers (DONT BUY THESE THEY'RE UNDERPOWERED ONLY ADVANTAGE IS THEY'RE BLUETOOTH/USB-C) louder than they are

Has native M1 support

note: I currently only run the Intel version because I am a poor

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Chris Knight posted:

you're folding it wrong

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

a workmate of mine used to have the original galaxy fold until the screen broke less than a year into his contract

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

njsykora posted:

a workmate of mine used to have the original galaxy fold until the screen broke less than a year into his contract

lmao

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

njsykora posted:

♩♬You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
♪ ♫

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i got an iphone 13 mini. so far i think it’s a much better size than my 11. thanks for reading

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

remember when galaxy phones were known for exploding? lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Gentle Autist posted:

i got an iphone 13 mini. so far i think it’s a much better size than my 11. thanks for reading

thanks for the update

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
pro max or gtfo

we left one handed phones behind about 11 years ago

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
I bought a macbook last week after a decade+ on linux. first CRapple product ive owned. Hardware is very nice but I'm still getting the hang of the os. Will report back on whether "macs are gay" in 2021. Cheers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

pro max or gtfo

who is we

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

pro max or gtfo

nah

unless you have a mouse in your pocket i guess

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

thanks for the update

it's a good phone OP

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

pro max or gtfo

no

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Rufus Ping posted:

I bought a macbook last week after a decade+ on linux. first CRapple product ive owned. Hardware is very nice but I'm still getting the hang of the os. Will report back on whether "macs are gay" in 2021. Cheers

now get a iphone and a apple watch, things legitimately synergize much better the more apple devices you have

like i am nowhere near ready to give up the superior operating system on my laptop (kubuntu linux) but using the messages app on the mac for imessage and sms (with sms forwarding set up on the phone) is really nice in addition to signal desktop, as is apple pay from desktop safari, and using a watch to unlock the machine or authorize administrative stuff like software installation (in lieu of entering password)

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
oh yeah and i got all of my covid vaccines at rite aid for various reasons, and rite aid sent me a thing to get a SMART health card cryptographically verifiable vaccine record, and the instructions have always been "download the CLEAR app, pick the option to add a vaccine record, scan qr code"

that app wanted me to ... make an account to do this? for something that should just be stored locally on the phone and displayed when requsted? and the process of making that account required me to give my email address, phone number, and a picture of my drivers license, which was way too onerous in terms of giving yet another company id never heard of or dealt with a lot of private information about me

then read about things being natively supported by apple health and wallet in ios 15.1+, pointed the normal camera app at the qr code generated by the rite aid site, popup offered to add to apple health and wallet, now its accessible in apple wallet like flight boarding passes (though requiring touch/face id to see the qr code that others can scan), and can be verified via https://thecommonsproject.org/smart-health-card-verifier

pretty doubtful that i will want to attend anything that needs vaccine verification in the near future but i like having it stored like that :)

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
iirc that clear app is the one that stores some sort of data on ThEbLoCkChAiN

what is that data and why does it need to be there? who cares!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

pro max or gtfo

i just grew my hands, op

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

speaking of certificates, ours here are low tech - and my shortcut to display mine is suddenly not working from home screen, only via shortcuts app. timb please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

please validate my decisions