Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
we should never have left gopher, i encourage everyone to switch over to gemeni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

I will continue reposting this until the industry collectively internalizes its deep wisdom

https://idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm

sounds like internalised fatphobia

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
man i really hosed up by not ditching work for that event and just ordering it first chance lol

OCT 27 MY rear end

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my mac studio has installed the same 3 updates 4 or 5 times now

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

my mac studio has installed the same 3 updates 4 or 5 times now

if it is the xcode command line tools you have to open xcode once to get it to stop doing that poo poo :shrug:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sniep posted:

man i really hosed up by not ditching work for that event and just ordering it first chance lol

OCT 27 MY rear end

just f5 store pickup options til someone's card bounces. went from Oct 20th delivery of my good phone to release day pickup at the glass monolith

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

if it is the xcode command line tools you have to open xcode once to get it to stop doing that poo poo :shrug:

ha, thanks! I found that one out the hard way. this is just installing 3 updates over and over again. maybe the most recent installation will be good, though, since i figured out the "open xcode" trick only this morning

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

number formats that swap , and . really gently caress me up

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i have now added a new library to my node js stack to track how obese my website is

i know it's a different thread but,

terrible programming: i have now added a new library to my node js stack to track how obese my website is

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i wonder what's the rationale for fitness+ being limited to an arbitrary selection of countries. it's just netflix for squatting, and i really hope the answer is not something as dull as "there are videos with music licencing difficulties"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
that or maybe laws about storing medical related data but if the country in question has apple health then i don't imagine it's this

e: also maybe they want to localize the content and ensure they're not doing something super offensive while using local instructors?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i wonder what's the rationale for fitness+ being limited to an arbitrary selection of countries. it's just netflix for squatting, and i really hope the answer is not something as dull as "there are videos with music licencing difficulties"

it’s because only americans are super fat, op

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

checked our retail, as i wanted to trade in my old gear (2018 16” mbp (€740 apparently), 2018 ipad (€90), 2017 tv 4k (€35 apparently), and watch s3 (€1 lmao)), and store manager (this is the main official reseller in latvia, their flagship retail branch) told me that bigwatch is going become available for walk-in purchase in 2023 only lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mbp turnin is a very good deal as they're stinking garbage that belong in hell, but that ipad and atv are newer than mine. keep the latter for a kitchen computer imo. thats where mine lives most of the time and its so absolutely good for that

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

mbp turnin is a very good deal as they're stinking garbage that belong in hell, but that ipad and atv are newer than mine. keep the latter for a kitchen computer imo. thats where mine lives most of the time and its so absolutely good for that

that’s broadly the plan, i wanted to turn in this for a discount voucher to buy an ipad with a pen support next month, once the dust settles after the expected ipad event. as it turned out, they can’t do this, and i must spend my turn in allotment immediately, so ill have to return next month and get less money for all of this

apple tv i haven’t used in 2 years, much like the tv itself, so it’s collecting dust primarily. if the need arises, ill just feed tim’s family by buying a box less than 5 years old

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
poo poo i just woke up, i meant former. ipad still probably good if it still needs updates. I dont think anybody has figured out a neat use for an old rear end apple tv beyond maybe hooking to a cheap lcd for a picture frame type thingy?

i'll most likely take mine and do that when i get a new appletv.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cinci orders delivery for every meal and has no need for a kitchen computer

this is canon

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cook at home and both your belly and wallet will remain full. gives you spending budget to buy more Apple gadgets!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I dunno whenever I cook at home I end up spending a lot of money

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Achmed Jones posted:

cinci orders delivery for every meal and has no need for a kitchen computer

this is canon

i wish this was a joke, but i did the math recently. since getting my first regular, decently paying job, so around 2017, ive spent €21255 on food delivery, with median order price of €17.09 delivered. there’s less than a year long gap in this data where i used revolut, which would add another ~3 grand to this, based on half-assed modelling exercise, and push the median down a little. was very funny to go over monthly stats and just watch how every restaurant began to fully arbitrarily move sliders around when the ‘rona hit, skewness trying to flip from positive to negative and standard deviation going out of the window

on a less funny note, it’s long past due for me to move into an apartment with a kitchen i enjoy using, but the state of apartments here is so bad that i might as well include food delivery costs into my “rent vs buy” spreadsheet

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 24, 2022

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i've got it pretty dialed in. every third day or so i cook a big meal and bento three lunches out of the leftovers. the other days is a small dinner or maybe a nice sandwich. one egg and a slice of toast in the morning with my coffee. but i dont buy poo poo like chicken breast (expensive, bad meat) or steaks (so insanely expensive)

my biggest challenge past two years was becoming a Cooking Guy but figuring out how to not waste food / let ingredients rot. a 5 lb bag of potatoes is something you gotta plan to use up or else you end up with a bag of Hellraiser potato goop in the bottom of your veg rack

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im better about it these days, both budget-wise and weight-wise, but my current kitchen has no natural light and i *hate* that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
That's a rough one, yeah. I have one small window above the sink in mine and gotta keep the blinds open alllll the time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have to figure out how to give a shred of motivation toward eating more than the most basic cheap food

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my suggestion, based on what you've shared, is to stop covering everything you eat with salt and get used to actual flavors. good food is really delicious.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

my suggestion, based on what you've shared, is to stop covering everything you eat with salt

except rice

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Sure whatever

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
i forget to think about food until im desperately hungry, and planning ahead is impossible. so, a bunch of easy college student style meals it is

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

Sure whatever

i have no idea why that became a thing, but it's still funny to me that it is

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

i have no idea why that became a thing, but it's still funny to me that it is

because i got pissy about it because i think it's stupid, but i also realized that most yosposters have either lack of access to good rice or their tastebuds are all burnt out from subsisting on a diet of pizza pops and/or unwashed rear end, so i've kind of let go on that point of contention

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what actually happened is jonny learned that latin american and caribbean cooking commonly salts rice and kinda looked foolish trying to make it a "adults dont salt rice" thing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

please folks, rinse your rear end before eating

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i think the worst rice i've ever bought up here was mr. goudas (commonly sold in west-indies grocers), which was like 30% weevils by volume. otherwise we have good options for rice pretty much across the board.

currently eating braised chicken wings and rice (long grain white jasmine), i didn't salt the rice for this because the braised chicken is already plenty salty

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 25, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
fortified with protein

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

haveblue posted:

fortified with protein

yeah, technically

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

what actually happened is jonny learned that latin american and caribbean cooking commonly salts rice and kinda looked foolish trying to make it a "adults dont salt rice" thing

No, what actually happened is i got tired of dumb motherfuckers talking about how salted rice is always better than unsalted.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

why salt rice when you could put soy sauce on it and have it taste of something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the argument was about cooking rice in basically seawater. i am one hundred percent okay with putting some stuff on your rice afterwards if you like. why lock yourself into a specific salinity ratio that you can't alter after tasting

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
thread has gone _0_ days without salted rice chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sorry, my bad