Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

im guessing you got one of those himalayan salt lamps so there's at least something in the bedroom you get to lick

i have 2 matching of the cheapest possible ikea nightstand lamps on lack tables thnx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
salt lamps are cool tho i would like to have one

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Smythe posted:

My mother got one they get old fast unfortunately. get a lava lamp instead, timeless

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Waifu Radia posted:

My mother got one they get old fast unfortunately. get a lava lamp instead, timeless

i have a lava lamp in my office a coworker bought for me and i also have one of those fiberoptic flower things

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
should get a hotel lamp. Useful and stylish

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Smythe posted:

they sweat, you know

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

they sweat, you know

put them in a bag of rice

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wait, gently caress

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
now you have two problems

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my side has a magsafe apple charger and her side has a pixel stand. gender reversal. never thought i'd see the day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

android is a gender now?

man i'm getting old

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

android is a gender now?

man i'm getting old

android 18 has a gender for sure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

i still think the wallpaper looks like a giant rear end

looks like you left your monitor off

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Smythe posted:

my side has a magsafe apple charger and her side has a pixel stand. gender reversal. never thought i'd see the day

same tho

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

wait, gently caress

:pusheen:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

wait, gently caress

:thurman:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

finally got around setting up my new phone, without data transfer, and im glad to immediately welcome back the volume bug, where the keyboard typing noise will just randomly play at a much louder level than the average

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://twitter.com/compgeke/status/1599315643102547971

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

finally got around setting up my new phone, without data transfer, and im glad to immediately welcome back the volume bug, where the keyboard typing noise will just randomly play at a much louder level than the average

keyboard sounds on a phone are for perverts and it's only right that it play as loud as possible, to shame them and warn others

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

cinci zoo sniper posted:

that's a fun one

the only way out is through

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

keyboard sounds on a phone are for perverts and it's only right that it play as loud as possible, to shame them and warn others

:hmmyes:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hater

keyboard sounds are cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aqSXAvsl4g

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i appreciate the linux audio joke in the first 30 seconds.

i stand by it, if you have typing sounds enabled on your cellular telephone, or any touch screen input device, you should be ostracized until you seek help

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i appreciate the linux audio joke in the first 30 seconds.

i stand by it, if you have typing sounds enabled on your cellular telephone, or any touch screen input device, you should be ostracized until you seek help

it’s on by default

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i know, and you should definitely turn it off

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

this gets pretty amusingly technical, so i googled a random phrase out of it. as often with gpt, significant portions of the output are simply lifted outright from a random internet article, in this case this one from low end mac, which happens to be largely made up. so the technical stuff is human bullshit laundered through ai bullshit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i know, and you should definitely turn it off

no the joke is that you need to turn it on

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
this is the first time I have learned you can turn off keyboard sounds independent of the silent switch

thanks thread

thread

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I recently figured out how to turn on keyboard haptics it's kinda cool but idk if necessary

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the taptic engine has gotta be one of my top 5 favorite things about iphone

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

didn't a bunch of companies in s korea roll their own activex compatibility layer after microsoft stopped supporting it rather than rewrite their websites using technology from the 21st century?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

qirex posted:

didn't a bunch of companies in s korea roll their own activex compatibility layer after microsoft stopped supporting it rather than rewrite their websites using technology from the 21st century?

yes lol

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

qirex posted:

I thought there was an activex plugin which was the law to use for online banking

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

iirc activex was legally mandated in Korea :lol:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I hope the ms sales team that convinced an entire government that activex was literally the only way to do a secure web transaction got some serious bonus money

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i can do online banking using an ios app thankfully

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

i can do online banking using an ios app thankfully

iospos

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

apple has done it again and made it so you can sing along with your favorite songs while lowering the vocals! apple: truly innovative

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/12/apple-introduces-apple-music-sing/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Going to stebe's grave to report that apple now sells a karaoke service