Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i never use the portrait mode it is very bad. telephoto is nice though. its a shame it looks like it won't be on the small new iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

portrait mode exists for photos of coffee cups and pets and to do more is folly

however, the selfie portrait mode is great for green screen mimicking for zoom so it has merits for quick background obfuscation without physical changes and ml

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

that’s not shopped tho that’s right outta da phone

she used to get paid to do wedding and couples photography

but I wonder if it was largely due to having rich parents who probably bought her a very expensive camera with nice lenses and yeah that gets you 85% of the way there lol

now are we talking about changing the focus point from the centre of the camera?

poo poo moving it seems like a slow solution. maybe this is bad but I ALWAYS hit focus while centred on what i want in focus and then while half held down I then reframe image to what I want. this sometimes means i’m jumping back and forward when taking pictures of people so i can get a few options at the end of the day, but that still feels faster than adjusting the focus so it’s somewhere on the left

maybe because every photo will have different frame or will spin from portrait to landscape and back quickly. unless you’re talking about having it on a tripod.. in which case I normally focus on whatever and turn off autofocus then reframe.

i need to see some of you guys in action to tell if your methods are superior or not
I will never fully understand the echi way of both overthinking everything and arriving at the most complex outcome

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

qirex posted:

I will never fully understand the echi way of both overthinking everything and arriving at the most complex outcome

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

poo poo moving it seems like a slow solution. maybe this is bad but I ALWAYS hit focus while centred on what i want in focus and then while half held down I then reframe image to what I want. this sometimes means i’m jumping back and forward when taking pictures of people so i can get a few options at the end of the day, but that still feels faster than adjusting the focus so it’s somewhere on the left

maybe because every photo will have different frame or will spin from portrait to landscape and back quickly. unless you’re talking about having it on a tripod.. in which case I normally focus on whatever and turn off autofocus then reframe.

just stop down to like f/8, boost the iso to compensate if needed, and you won't have to keep refocusing for every shot.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
okay we get it you’re nerds

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
has anyone used icloud.com for anything? remember when the dude came out and showed u numbers in the cloud?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mad Wack posted:

has anyone used icloud.com for anything? remember when the dude came out and showed u numbers in the cloud?
i use pages a fair bit for notetaking between my macbook and my work pc. some numbers stuff but not really anything complicated or interesting

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

i use it for email and notes and reminders and it just works

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I use iCloud email for concert announcements and the like when push email is needed for timely actions

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i use it for email and notes and reminders and it just works
notes and reminders yeah. those too

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
cool but weird

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

if you snap a Portrait Mode photo the FOCOS app is fun to mess around with the focal depth and lighting., you can rotate the depthmap and see how your photo looks side-on.

base app is free, a bunch of the functionality is locked behind a sub fee so gently caress that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Management posted:

okay we get it you’re nerds

they call it the dorkroom for a reason

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

just stop down to like f/8, boost the iso to compensate if needed, and you won't have to keep refocusing for every shot.

yeah ok that’ll produce the results I hope for

NoneMoreNegative posted:

if you snap a Portrait Mode photo the FOCOS app is fun to mess around with the focal depth and lighting., you can rotate the depthmap and see how your photo looks side-on.

base app is free, a bunch of the functionality is locked behind a sub fee so gently caress that.

i would love to gently caress around with this

qirex posted:

:smugmrgw: people can’t just get on my level by choosing to do so, it takes years of chemically whittling your brain

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Mad Wack posted:

I turned on 2-factor authentication for my E*TRADE account which means to log in I have to type my password followed by a 6-digit code generated by a lovely Symantec app, all in the stupid password field.
it fails to log me in inexplicably 2/3rds of the time, but you can’t delete the registered identifiers for each number generator via the website, so you have to call them whenever you get a new phone.

I made a Numbers spreadsheet with the stock price function times RSUs because that’s an infinitely easier way to figure out how much pretend money I have.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i made an account on doordash and then upon login it had someone elses details, under someone else’s name, phone#, and a dunkin donuts card

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

i would love to gently caress around with this

going back a few years but this looked like fun

https://petapixel.com/2012/05/02/3d-video-captured-using-a-dslr-and-microsoft-kinect/

I'm sure there's more up-to-date methods now but I've always had a soft spot for the OG Kinect hacking , getting unexpected use out of previously useless tech.

edit: https://www.depthkit.tv/ seems to be more up-to-date but *surprise* it's not free.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 14, 2020

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Wild EEPROM posted:

i made an account on doordash and then upon login it had someone elses details, under someone else’s name, phone#, and a dunkin donuts card

well what kind of donut are you having for breakfast this morning

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

Visited family this weekend, so of course I did some computer janitoring for the family. So I used it to make sure my sister-in-law's username password were correct. That's about it.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
ugh why did they put a webcam on the lg ultrafine 5k

now i cant/dont wanna buy it

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Chris Knight posted:

I use iCloud email for concert announcements and the like when push email is needed for timely actions

lmao iphone is so bad right now

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

I use it to share photos from my pc with family

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i use it to have my phone make a noise when i cant find it

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I;m thinkin bout the 90 day fiancee lady who would just spam that function to annoy her fiancee into paying attention to her

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i want glasses that can beep when i can't find them

tia

poty
Jun 21, 2008

does anyone know when apple is planning to send the bitcoins they promised on their twitter account

they said half an hour

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

i want glasses that can beep when i can't find them

tia

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/airtags/

airtags will come out someday maybe. hopefully theyre not as big as that fanart suggests

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

poty posted:

airtags will come out someday maybe. hopefully theyre not as big as that fanart suggests

barf

theyd have to be microscopic, otherwise theyd ruin my carefully coordinated look

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

poty posted:

they're mentos

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i use icloud email

it seems to work like email

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's really weird mac minis don't have a mic

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Macs mini

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why would a desktop machine have a mic? the mic is in your monitor or headset

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

thank you

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

they have speakers and everyone uses computers for video calls. why no mic.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

well why not posted:

it's really weird mac minis don't have a mic

they also don't have a camera. what's yer point

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

well why not posted:

they have speakers and everyone uses computers for video calls. why no mic.

putting a microphone in would be dumb because if the mac mini was anywhere except right in front of the user, then it'd be useless and you'd have to shout into it during conferences or whatever if you didn't have another mic. terrible idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just get a webcam