Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tim ship the iKnown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

"flat sided"

yes?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

imagine still being upset about the camera bump in tyool 2020

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
faceid? a novelty to amuse peasants. back mounted fingerprint readers are for kings

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

fatigue is the hell of a drug

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im glad apple is using stainless steel. aluminum is pretty loving fail.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
reminder that Apple actually made the phone THINNER which kept the camera bumps lmao.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
I’ll prolly get a 12mini when my SE2 craps out in 2 years.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is what liberals actually believe

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
notch on the mini looks ridiculous

magsafe, lidar and flat edges are cool

fingerprint sensor on the back is like the one design advantage that android has and apple's refusal to copy them makes me lol

edit: claiming environmental gains by not putting a charger in the box is some #courage poo poo and also very lol

crepeface fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 14, 2020

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
so things that are useless on these phones: ultra wideband, lidar, 5g.
things that are good: square sides, magnetic car mounts, cameras.
things that are lol: why the gently caress does it use inductive charging with a magnetically aligned connector? if only there was an example of a magnetic coupling connector that used conductive charging. maybe one that Apple had a patent on and a memorable name, like SafetyMagnet.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
where's the AirPods studio tim

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

remains the dumbest poo poo

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

it sucks living in plague-ridden america because i am very curious if the potential one-handedness of smolphone12 outweighs the extra camera and storage available on the pro, and I am not going to handle a bunch of display models to figure it out. of course since my work se2 takes nicer photos than my x at this point, I think I will just spare myself the extra 300 bucks and taste the rainbow.

the 12 mini reminds me the 5c, which was a good-looking design, fully realized.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

my se1 is starting to finally fall apart after 3+ years of services

i have about 500e that i need to spend this month (brewester millions rules) is it worth getting that se2? i really don't love the idea of having to use the lighting jack adapter, but times change okay

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Puppet Master posted:

i have about 500e that i need to spend this month (brewester millions rules) is it worth getting that se2? i really don't love the idea of having to use the lighting jack adapter, but times change okay

i use bluetooth headphones, op

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Puppet Master posted:

it's 2020, get a wireless charger, grandpa

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yo where's my big slur GM?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

yo where's my big slur GM?

i bet it's not ready and going to be released in november alongside the armbooks

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Maximum Leader posted:

where's the AirPods studio tim

buy one of the hundreds of existing good headphones instead maybe?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yeah i have pretty strong doubts that airpods studio will be competitive on sound quality with existing options given apple's inability to deliver that up to this point. like the rest of the airpods offerings, they will win on convenience and cool. the problem for apple is that the over-ear market cares a lot less about those things, and more about sound quality, and they'll continue to get owned in that department. i'm sure airpods studio will sell well, dont get me wrong, but it wont be a market-upending thing like apple watch.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
hell yeah beats by timb

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

hell yeah beats by timb
what does the hardware team get when they can't increase SKUs?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the lash

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

headphone nerds are the loving worst

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://sixcolors.com/post/2020/10/apple-fibs-about-iphone-12-pricing-to-promote-wireless-carriers/

quote:

At the event, Apple referred to these products as starting at $699 (iPhone 12 mini) and $799 (iPhone 12), but those prices are not actually accurate unless you slap a big asterisk on there. (As Apple does on its marketing pages, because it must.)

Here’s what’s actually happening, at least in the U.S.: Apple has cut deals with AT&T and Verizon that give existing customers of those carriers $30 off their purchases. The actual prices of the two models are $729 and $829, and that’s what you’ll pay if you’re a U.S. subscriber to Sprint, T-Mobile, any smaller pay-as-you-go carriers, or if you want to buy a SIM-free model with no carrier connection at all. (The 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max are the same price on all carriers.)
timb plz

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i prefer the rum and sodomy

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

well now we know where the adapter savings are going

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

LOL if you’re a customer of an also-ran carrier like Sprint

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ram, skeuomorphy, and the lash

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Doc Block posted:

LOL if you’re a customer of an also-ran carrier like Sprint

sprint+t-mobile is the third place champion meme in fortune 500 form

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casual Encountess posted:

headphone nerds are the loving worst

I subject my ears to only the sloppiest corn laden poo poo

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

what the gently caress timb

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I can't believe timb wouldb fibb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

what the gently caress timb

its fine, they'll more than make the difference up on charger and headphone sales

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

man, i sure hope there's an unremovable preinstalled att services app that has permissions on everything that can't be changed

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you guys weren’t lying, text selection is even worse in iOS 14

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

not sure what you’re all talking about. double tap a word to select it, triple tap to select a paragraph works4me. I also like to use force touch on the keyboard to go into cursor drag, then force touch while cursor dragging to select text while dragging. although that might be gone with non-force touch phones