Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
i'm happy with my mac studio purchase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

my mac studio crashes a lot :(

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah about once a month my Mac Studio will just hard crash and reboot. kinda hosed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
waitin for the em deuce studio here

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

r u ready to WALK posted:

my mac studio crashes a lot :(

my mbp also has like once-per-month kernel panics that i don think i can do anything about

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I had random kernel panic on my m1 and m1 pro for months, then they went away in a system update, apple never acknowledged the problem or solution

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

go play outside Skyler posted:

apple thread: refinanced my mortgage

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

im not finding fault here, but im curious as to why. just for funsies? i say this cause of your giant windows rammachine that i figure runs all your photoshop poo poo, music poo poo, etc and prob does a better job at ham poo poo than mac (cause mac is bad at ham mostly)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
id be lying if it is gonna be anything but pure vanity purchase, but i also do want a really good machine dedicated to my adobe stuff as i'm starting to do more work in there for my stream and youtube and such.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

currently adobe software loads/starts up so fast on the m1 max it's great.

of course this gives adobe room to breathe so they'll probably slow it down with loading more poo poo every time it starts in a few years

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/09/27/apple-music-classical-groundwork/

quote:

Apple appears to be preparing for the upcoming launch of Apple Music Classical, a standalone classical music app that will be available alongside the ‌Apple Music‌ app.

Mentions of Apple Classical have appeared in backend code used by Apple, suggesting that we could perhaps be seeing ‌Apple Music‌ Classical debut in the near future.

gently caress poo poo rear end piss

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

this time apple will launch classical

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

id be lying if it is gonna be anything but pure vanity purchase, but i also do want a really good machine dedicated to my adobe stuff as i'm starting to do more work in there for my stream and youtube and such.

cool. the current version is good at all that stuff, so i bet the next version will really crush hard. for me it's just photshop elements _very_ occasionally and ableton, but it sits on top of my unraid server and serves as a base for my chimp lamp and does its job. A+ would buy the macbook-pro-without-a-screen again

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

we have the apple one thingy, they better fuckin give us apple classical for "free" with that

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Achmed Jones posted:

we have the apple one thingy, they better fuckin give us apple classical for "free" with that

finger on monkeys paw curls: Apple Classical will be installed on every device

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
as long as they replace the u2 album im fine with that

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Jonny 290 posted:

it's gonna be replaced with an album of vivaldi for kids

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
should be cage’s 4’33’’. but recorded at one of those super silent rooms so you just hear the performer’s stomach grumbling

sonatinas fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 4, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

they will, you’ll get u2 instrumental now

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jonny 290 posted:

yea im basically just wondering if im willing to wait for that or get some gratification now

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

sonatinas posted:

should be cage’s 4’33’’. but recorded at one of those super silent rooms so you just hear the performer’s stomach grumbling

and they name it something that starts with an "A" so people with terirble bluetooth devices that autoplay upon connection stop complaining

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

brb gotta hit the

Jonny 290 posted:

deuce studio

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lolol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

this is the apple thread. which makes it the "posting shipping updates for expensive stuff" thread. so here's mine: my telescope arrived in indianapolis at 4:36 AM. it is still scheduled to get here by 8pm. i am very antsy waiting for it!

i bought a barlow and a zoom eyepiece from amazon that'll be getting here over the next few days. SVBONY optics, straight outta shenzhen, bringing mid-level telescope eyepieces to the masses for affordable prices :toot:

i dont know if theyre actually made in shenzhen. i just use that as a stand in for "cool high tech thing manufactured in china". i dont know how much of the optical manufacturing capacity is there. i hope it's all of it so that i can keep saying it though

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

apple thread: refinanced my mortgage

 Pay with your house.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

rotor posted:

brb gotta hit the

*phil collins voice* deuce deuce studio

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
tired: cellar door

wired: deuce studio

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

got my gold stainless steel watch in today. it looks so nice compared to the older anodized aluminum one I have. hopefully the crystal doesn't scratch this time (it shouldn't)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i cant wait to use the fully maxxed out mac studio to write a text document :c00l:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bump_fn posted:

i cant wait to use the fully maxxed out mac studio to write a text document :c00l:

install vs code and it will use all the power you can throw at it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i wonder how eclipse runs on the m1 ultra

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

carry on then posted:

i wonder how eclipse runs on the m1 ultra

It'll use up all that you touch, all that you see. Everything under the sun

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lmao holy poo poo the built in camera on the cinema display tracks you and pans around? lol

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

bump_fn posted:

lmao holy poo poo the built in camera on the cinema display tracks you and pans around? lol

the camera doesn't actually move. it's just a pretty wide angle with a crop that follows you around

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the camera doesn't actually move. it's just a pretty wide angle with a crop that follows you around

way to spoil it, should told bump how it has two chain gears with a camera frame inside, and microscopic petrol motor that needs annual service at apple store

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

way to spoil it, should told bump how it has two chain gears with a camera frame inside, and microscopic petrol motor that needs annual service at apple store

yeah right, like they'd put iphone pro optical image stabilization on a display that's not meant to move

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

yeah this is obvious

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

bump_fn posted:

yeah this is obvious

wasnt obvious to me when I rounded a corner in my house and saw the camera right there, following me around

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

cinci zoo sniper posted:

actually, apple bioengineered a tiny intelligent bug that moves and focuses the camera on you. i hope y'all haven't forgot to feed it; you're supposed to drop a small amount of sugar water into the ports on the back every two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

actually, apple bioengineered a tiny intelligent bug that moves and focuses the camera on you. i hope y'all haven't forgot to feed it; you're supposed to drop a small amount of sugar water into the ports on the back every two weeks

:discourse: