Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pinterest Mom posted:

exclusivity *for customer electronics*. you could still make the whole plane out of liquidmetal if you like.

"intellectual property held by Crucible Intellectual Property, LLC was exclusively licensed on a perpetual basis to Apple for the field of use of consumer electronic products under the MTA."

ahh that makes more sense thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean thats how i met my ex so

jesus lol

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the lomarf car will have a liquidmetal body to make it crashproof, self driving teslas will just bounce off it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

r u ready to WALK posted:

the lomarf car will have a liquidmetal body to make it crashproof, self driving teslas will just bounce off it

considering the braking problems it has i think the cybertruck will just go through it. the metal is liquid remember

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

liquidmetal is just a name for a metal-based non-crystalline solid, like glass is a non-crystalline solid made of silica

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cold on a Cob posted:

liquidmetal is rare but it's worth a lot of experience if u kill it before it flees the battle

loads of tech points

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

liquidmetal is just a name for a metal-based non-crystalline solid, like glass is a non-crystalline solid made of silica

oh, I get it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BAf5als-4&t=134s

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

graph posted:

loads of tech points

hell yeah grinding up to gigaslash then it's time to go kill all the optional bosses

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Casual Encountess posted:

hello i have a lazy eye

i have middling depth perception after 7 years of daily eye exercises to hold my eye in place. for most of my life my perception involves a bunch of really hosed up hacks where i take absolute values i know like the length of my arm or my bike and use that to calculate relative positions because going on visual alone is super unreliable. but with this therapy i can mostly depth percept but i will absolutely use my absolute system whenever i can. when nobodys looking, i go over rooms like a roomba to figure out the height and size of furniture and surfaces. i have a lot of secret behaviors like only using scissors in private because im left handed and its loving embarrassing to be unable to cut things in front of people.

anyways i saw avatar in theaters after a couple years of active therapy and the 3d worked great for me, but theres plenty of people i know who it didnt. it definitely hurt after a while but not migraine levels. it more felt like how i feel when i suck my gut in for a photo but for 3 hours. none of my friends are nerdy enough to have an oculus so i havent tried it but i wanna see if this works for me since i have ok control

i used to have to do all of this poo poo and deal with objects in the center of my vision disappearing because my brain was trying to resolve double vision, and it sucked rear end. a lot of constantly scanning/rescanning over things to make sure i actually knew where they were at, a lot of closing one eye (lol it was absolutely impossible to read anything at a distance without closing an eye), but i still ran into things a lot and couldn't judge distances at all. driving, i bumped curbs a lot and i would park as far away as possible to avoid big gently caress ups.

then i got strabismus surgery and now i just kinda hang out. it made a lot of little parts of my life just like, easier. i'm horrified by the amount of driving i did pre-strabismus surgery. not having to worry about cars in front of me disappearing is a big relief. it was seriously life changing.

anyway the one time I tried an AR headset pre-surgery, it was a weird Brother headset (https://www.brother-usa.com/products/wd320c) and i couldn't use it for more than a minute. if i had it over my dominant eye, i couldn't see anything but the heads up display, and if i had it over my non-dominant eye, my brain just turned it off. basically my brain just filtered out anything but the dominant. and it still does that, but to a lesser degree than pre-surgery. i still kinda need to cheat on those driver license eye tests, because i can't read text with my non-dominant eye.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
One of my best friends lost his left lens because his brother put a sharpened pencil in a dart gun and shot him with it and he somehow figures out depth perception, it's really cool and weird. He did delivery driving for like 22 years and never had an accident

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

his brother put a sharpened pencil in a dart gun and shot him with it

well that's horrifying.

I have a small dark spot on my nose from when my brother lobbed a mechanical pencil at me, and it struck my nose as a kid. You have to really look for it though.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1666773591860424704?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

matti
Mar 31, 2019

they could you know, they have the know how

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

shes right

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

they said on monday macs can run games now, so really they should just do that

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
She can play d4 on a Mac, right now, with minimal effort.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 9, 2023

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FlapYoJacks posted:

She can play d4 on a max, right now, with minimal effort.

You're suggesting that Whoopi Goldberg use homebrew to install and configure the formula for Apples customized Wine fork, which has been published only on GitHub?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

You're suggesting that Whoopi Goldberg use homebrew to install and configure the formula for Apples customized Wine fork, which has been published only on GitHub?

She’s a smart and capable woman. What? You don’t think she is? :colbert:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Whoopi is not an Emulator

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
is there not an official mac version already? there was for all the other diablo games

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

is there not an official mac version already? there was for all the other diablo games

There is not. Back then Macs supported OpenGL.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

haveblue posted:

nope, in her post she even says she bought the game assuming there was going to be a mac port since she played all the others on mac

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm sure she can afford a real computer to play diablo on.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

matti
Mar 31, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

There is not. Back then Macs supported OpenGL.

ya recent blizzard games like overwatch 2 and diablo 4 do not support macOS natively

as opposed to older stuff like WoW which has a native Metal back-end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah I wouldn't have thought a native metal backend would be a challenge for one of the largest game companies in the world

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

haveblue posted:

yeah I wouldn't have thought a native metal backend would be a challenge for one of the largest game companies in the world

They've lost the technology, they had to outsource Diablo Immortal to NetEase because NetEase actually knows how to make a game.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

haveblue posted:

i just feel it's super misguided to just eject all that organizational knowledge of porting games to macintoshes

but maybe they were really hoping to be bought by Microsoft who would put an end to it anyway

or just incompetence

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

matti posted:

i just feel it's super misguided to just eject all that organizational knowledge of porting games to macintoshes

there was one guy in the aughts who'd port entire loving pc games by hand by himself. he worked for aspyr or something. first name duane

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

graph posted:

there was one guy in the aughts who'd port entire loving pc games by hand by himself. he worked for aspyr or something. first name duane

duane "not the rock" johnson

I talked to him about descent 3 at macworld once

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haveblue posted:

duane "not the rock" johnson

that's him !

haveblue posted:

I talked to him about descent 3 at macworld once

man this was one of the things that was so cool about macworlds back then. this rules. i got to meet kai krause at one of them

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i wonder what duane's up to these days. i hope he was able to retire early

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i bought the deus ex 1 mac port at macworld

think i still have my badge somewhere lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

that's him !

man this was one of the things that was so cool about macworlds back then. this rules. i got to meet kai krause at one of them

is that the kai's power tools person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i'm pretty sure i bought descent 3 at mw2000