Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Achmed Jones posted:

like even if you wanna poo poo on the continental tradition you’re still wrong, but less wrong, but discounting an entire continent is uhhhhhhhhh p goofy

everything is wrong and stupid (except for jonny ive)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Bulgakov posted:

everything is wrong and stupid (except for jonny five)

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Achmed Jones posted:

like even if you wanna poo poo on the continental breakfast tradition you’re still wrong, but less wrong, but discounting an entire range of budget hotels is uhhhhhhhhh p goofy

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a dongle for sound

incredible

sound, uh, finds a way

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Chris Knight posted:

sound, uh, finds a way

glad to know that someone else is rehearsing their farting part in romeo and poopiet :hmmyes:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

At least macbooks aren't 16:9 yet, they've still got something going for them.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

pointsofdata posted:

At least macbooks aren't 16:9 yet, they've still got something going for them.

just go the other way with that sweet sweet surface 3:2

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

just go the other way with that sweet sweet surface 3:2

I had completely written off getting a surface book until I realised literally every laptop other than that and macbooks are 16:9

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

don't get a surface book, that's the 2-in-1 which is very hard to find a sane use-case for. also don't get a surface laptop, as they hosed various things about it up, but if they get some future version right it will be a contender simply because they manage a good aspect ratio

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

also don't get a surface, as they hosed various things about it up

microsoft has never not hosed up any model of the surface. except possibly that imac looking thing they made, idk, no one bought that

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
What ever happened to that big pool table-looking display thing they had?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Schadenboner posted:

they renamed that to skype

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
they renamed skype to bing messaging

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Schadenboner posted:

he left the company and is now running the clippers

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

infernal machines posted:

microsoft has never not hosed up any model of the surface. except possibly that imac looking thing they made, idk, no one bought that

ugh yeah, we have several of them in the company and they're the buggiest computers in the inventory. when they work people love them, but sometimes they just flake out and it's frustration all around.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the surface pro+dock is just a magical combination for random bullshit. every loving generation.

you'd think at some point they'd either figure out how to make it work without random ports failing or stop loving selling them, but nope, it's been same buggy rear end bullshit for five goddamn years

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

extremely good user interface

you know what i love and by love i mean i want to kill whoever is responsible?

the keyboard/number buttons swap position depending on whether you're in landscape or portrait orientation

because gently caress your muscle memory, that's why

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

the surface pro+dock is just a magical combination for random bullshit. every loving generation.

you'd think at some point they'd either figure out how to make it work without random ports failing or stop loving selling them, but nope, it's been same buggy rear end bullshit for five goddamn years

They should just make a normal gimmick free good laptop, as none of the oems have shown any capacity to do so reliably

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how about instead of that they make an ultrabook that's glued together and has a fun-fur upper chassis?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I get why 16:9 1080p laptops initially became a thing in laptops and desktops, but I don't quite get why it has stubbornly stuck around despite nobody making televisions of in that size range anymore.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, i'd kill for a 3:2 x1c. still, 4:3 seems a bit much these days

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

he left the company and is now running the clippers

you think that thing would be some kind of a hazard on court

i guess they just hire more towel guys

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
just bought little snitch which is 50% off today btw

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

I get why 16:9 1080p laptops initially became a thing in laptops and desktops, but I don't quite get why it has stubbornly stuck around despite nobody making televisions of in that size range anymore.

It's real poo poo agreed

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
pc gamers use lower pixel count screens than console gamers, don't @ me

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
lol @ driving 4k with the equivalent of a 1060 and a lovely netbook CPU from 2012. No wonder console games tend to be 20-30 FPS dynamic resolution tragedies.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

poty posted:

just bought little snitch which is 50% off today btw
bought it last black friday, super good

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

quote:

Sprint is discounting the Apple Watch Series 4 by $100 when customers add a line onto a qualifying service plan. The discount is delivered in the form of a $4.17 credit over the course of 24 months.
would

you like

to suck

my

balls

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
i, too, am mad as hell they didn’t make it 4.20

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

the one that launched with a 5400rpm drive and a generation-old mobile GPU for $4000?

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

THC posted:

if you press "Edit" on a live photo, there's a scrubber bar where you can change the "key photo" to one of the other live photo frames

the pixel ad I keep getting is "flip to shh" which has also been a feature on iphones since forever lol

oh ok. i should try live photos again, thanks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Scott Forstall posted:

the one that launched with a 5400rpm drive and a generation-old mobile GPU for $4000?

yes, that one. tbf i think apple was still selling imacs with 5400rpm drives at the time too, so in theory someone somewhere might have been dumb enough to buy one

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Scott Forstall posted:

it was also a previous gen mobile chip running a high res screen that chugged as soon as you wanted to do anything professional with it

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

like even if you wanna poo poo on the continental tradition you’re still wrong, but less wrong, but discounting an entire continent is uhhhhhhhhh p goofy

Hmmmm nope I’ve considered your view and decided that I’m still 100% right

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8633033

I came across this error today. For some reason the new Windows 10 iso has large enough files it won't work on a Fat32 volume, which is still the general use volume for a boot device for installing. Naturally this is causing problems.

I'm not sure if I should blame Apple for not just making Bootcamp create an exfat partition to begin with, or Microsoft for doing this.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

it's been same buggy rear end bullshit for five goddamn years

check ur regdate bruh it’s six years now

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Siri still loving takes general crap I throw into the url bar to search for (Central Powers for instance) and unless you wait a tick it'll actually try and parse that url.

firefox, opera, and edge have had this figured out for a decade, gently caress you apple

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

SRQ posted:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8633033

I came across this error today. For some reason the new Windows 10 iso has large enough files it won't work on a Fat32 volume, which is still the general use volume for a boot device for installing. Naturally this is causing problems.

I'm not sure if I should blame Apple for not just making Bootcamp create an exfat partition to begin with, or Microsoft for doing this.

this has been an issue with creating uefi bootable windows media for years. it's 100% microsoft's fault for being loving garbage at software packaging

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

sometimes i use siri to figure out where my phone is by saying, “hey siri, where are you?” for some reason it just decided to use a LINE shortcut to message that to my friend in tokyo

how is it that siri is still so bad, anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

siri is bad because siri was a potentially super useful product that has no upsell or enforced upgrade cycle, so apple puts no money into it

i mean that's not just apple, the google assistant is almost as bad, except google at least does keep adding features because they can use it to sell ads. they just never fix any major user-facing bugs like random capitalization because those don't make money.