Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

realistically apple does not want to make additional variants though

ipad group must've lost that memo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Let it crash -- Erlang Musk

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Mr. Nice! posted:

did apple release a new osx? i had a popup for updates that needed a restart and it’s saying 40 minutes for installation.

u2 must've have unleashed another turd

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

The Management posted:

iTunes lives a weird part of the company.

there’s the software engineering division (Craig Federighi’s org), which makes most of the Apple software. SWE is generally well run, it knows how to make software.

then there’s a group that used to be called the iTunes division. that group formed out of the iTunes software and the music store, and now includes all of Apple content (books, podcasts, App Store) as well as iCloud. this group is staffed by drooling morons. they have no culture of software engineering. they don’t know proper software development practices, they don’t know how to triage bugs, and they keep shipping the same products that are a spaghetti code nightmare of unmaintainable garbage because they don’t know how to move the software forward.

iTunes was the last Apple app to migrate off of cocoa. it was the last to ship as a 32 bit only app. iTunes is always behind schedule. back in the iPod and early iPhone days iTunes didn’t make a release until the day the product was available on shelves (I.e. months after the device hardware and software were done). dealing with iTunes to get any bug fixed is pretty much impossible.

in summary, iTunes bad

WONTFIX

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
life hack: survive long enough such that bladder and weed cravings wake you up early enough for everything important (brunch)

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

qirex posted:

if this picture is real then apple has gone full android on the watch

it's scowling

i'd be annoyed, too

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
discussing top tier m&s treats at a time when my local store is shut is cruel

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

my brain is also quite small

when they were giving out brains I thought they said trains and asked for a small, vintage, steam-powered one. :D

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Soricidus posted:

they've de-emphasised all ui because there’s no real reason for you to care about it

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Bored Online posted:

jenny im thread stalking you to say i love how you ended the balls thread and the balls thread in general.

:same:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
that tingling sensation is your inner repressed love for brand seeking the path of least resistance to product perfection

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

mediaphage posted:

worse is what my so does

“ok we need to have a talk”

omg wtf what what what

“which plants do you think would go best in this spot outside”

this would kill me within a month or less

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

chaosbreather posted:

my point was that i believe his strategic choices, and outcomes from those choices, are on him as CEO and i am disappointed that he doesn't share that view as someone i admire but i completely failed to make that point cogently because as previously mentioned i'm having a weird one where people are reading things i say

do not admire ceos

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

frogbs posted:

Was not expecting to see RF modulators and QAM encoders in this thread but i'm loving it.

Post itt if you know what a time base corrector is.

:wave:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

go play outside Skyler posted:

why is it free only for 2 years

did you not get the email? The Event finally got scheduled.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
macs headBOM

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

quote:

In our Dylan Roussel’s research, we found that once a user authenticates with the JSON Web Tokens (JWT) that are insecure in transit, they can access Nothing Chat’s Firebase database and see messages and files from other users sent in real-time and in plain text. He particularly calls out that vCards are accessible, as these directly include user names, phone numbers, email addresses, and sometimes even more personal data.

:popclap:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Chris Knight posted:

aunties butterfly knife lmao

that's not a butterfly knife (balisong), it's a gravity knife mechanism :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
peak boss behaviour

yet incredibly ubiquitous