Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

https://twitter.com/ADosburg/status/1135658952929267712

quote:

I give a poo poo [about the Mac Pro not looking like other Apple products] because that's the only reason I would buy a Mac over a PC for work, if it looks good on the desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
He copied from Braun so much, it should be "Johnny Ive Traces"

Imagine 4 Mac products on the edge of a cliff.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

and yet there were two iphones 4
2 x 4 = 8, which is lucky in China

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Even if one could change the default web browser from Safari, it doesn't matter so long as Apple forces the browsers to essentially be skins of Safari instead of using their own engines.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sure am enjoying this checklist of Android features.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

if people truely believed in steves vision everything would just run in the browser and they wouldnt have this problem :colbert:

And now Safari/iOS/iPad have the worst PWA support compared to their competitors. :thunk:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

then make your mobile web experience identical to the app and can the app.
But web technology is bad and we're privileged that Apple devices run JavaScript at all.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

What about all the COVID it's causing?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

new iphone will start using names of characters from the hit tv show friends
They're going to replace Google with Bing?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

apple tipped their hand with usb c and the touchid button on the ipad air, I'm waiting for that in a phone. I shoot for a 3-4 year upgrade cycle anyway
Apple will sooner release an iPhone with no ports at all than one with USB-C.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Apple has invented over-ear bluetooth headphones that only cost Five Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Who's ready for the App Store of North Dakota?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Could you imagine if the product made room for the hardware with some sort "notch"? Apple would never do such a thing.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

mediaphage posted:

speaking of tim cook
Tim Cook will redefine what it means go get your car "serviced" to mean add a bunch reoccurring revenue services that if you stop paying, the car breaks.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao zmuipng what a brand name

ɘudinwz sounds much better

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Apple: you should have as many monitors as our mice have buttons.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

dev support is great but there’s this little problem with the physical laws of optics nobody has innovated around yet so it’s going to be dorky face computers forever

But in the Apple VR world they can rewrite physical laws of optics so you can appear to be wearing something smaller than dorky face computers.

Yes those not wearing a headset would see you as you are, but since they don't have the Apple product they do not count as a person.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

irrespectless of this suit, i dont think super apps should be legal

Wild EEPROM posted:

splitting up apps into a dozen things and removing functionality but leaving the button should be illegal

Super apps for some, miniature American flags for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Websites and other UI will jump on the visionOS UI styling soon enough.