Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

hahaha grub sitting at his probably multi million dollar townhouse right now stroking a last gen phone slab getting real butt hurt about a consumer device company

tech joirnalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Operation Enduring Turdball

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

put gruber on suicide watch

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

yeah the cold weather poo poo happened to me the other day

piece of poo poo

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

ok but this guys twitter handle is not even valid hexadecimal

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

probably not a very good hacker man is all I’m saying

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

qirex posted:

the new spaceship is like 95% open plan

so sad

I have fond memories of cubes and apple should too

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I use it for buses and trains it’s great

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

apple’s tv remote in iOS control center doesn’t have keyboard input and their remote app still hasn’t been updated for iPhone X

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I don’t want to shout out my creepy password letter by letter with guests over

otherwise yeah the dictation is fine

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

iPhone XI with FaecesID

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

ladies and gentlemen it appears we are on the cusp of Apple having “patch Tuesday’s”

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

how is it going to work when someone else in the house tells the home pod to send a text? is it going to let people loving send texts on my behalf? what the gently caress Tim

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

fine I guess I’ll buy one then

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

If you’re logged in to your iCloud account, all of the messages and calls are yours and come from you. That’s great if you’re a single dude living alone, but it completely falls apart in a family environment. Apple allows you to toggle these options off as the iCloud account owner and I recommend you do before it all ends in tears.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

apparently not!

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

didn't jobs buy a house/claim residency in some state just so he could take a liver from a poor person or am I getting him confused with another incredibly rich sociopath

yep it was a place in ritzy enclave Chickasaw gardens in Memphis

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

HomePod sounds good but it’s not worth the money and it’s buggy as gently caress

replace HomePod with any apple product made in the last few years really

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

it also has a ridiculous amount of bass on some songs that you can’t control of course because there’s no EQ because

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

in 2019 nothing will be funny. nothing at all.

except for apples product lineup

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

The_Franz posted:

the problem is that when you start auto-updating someone's phone without confirmation you cut their ability to call emergency services

emergency services? like if I wanted to suicide by cop?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

that’s what emergency services are in America at least

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

apple music also lets you add your own music, which spotify doesn't. google and amazon also do this, so idk why spotify doesn't.

yeah but Apple Music has slowly “lost” most of my personal collection over the past few years. sometimes the song will be grayed out and unplayable. other times it’ll be playable but not downloadable. the download spinner will spin indefinitely, even across reboots. thanks apple

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

The only good thing I can say about that HomePod is it sounds rally good for a speaker that size

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I’d buy AirPod but work in an open plan office and need something that will block out that cacophonous piss

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

my wife bought me air Poss against my will and they’re alright. I look even dumber with them in though

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

they definitely sound better than the wired pods

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

it looks like piss

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

my phone keeps trying to autocorrect words to the name of a company I interviewed at over a year ago. I’ve tried resetting the keyboard dictionary but it somehow won’t let me forget that I failed the on site

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

on the other hand I just got one of those giant new iPads and it’s drat fine in a very obnoxious sort of way

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Granite Octopus posted:

I follow a lot of other Apple news like an idiot but I can’t stand mr fireballs podcast. does he still take a 3 second pause before starting watch sentence ?

I don’t listen to that bozo podcast but that stilted delivery poo poo will ruin anything for me even if the subject matter is really interesting. like so many things i blame npr

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

the new Apple TV remote is so loving bad

can’t tell which way you’re holding it and just the act of grabbing it in the “wrong” way can gently caress up what you’re watching. also sometimes the swipes don’t register or the side presses don’t work. it’s the worst Apple product I’ve ever used. it costs $80. otherwise the Apple TV is fine. most of the apps are buggy and slow as gently caress 8/10 verge score

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

when’s the apple charging pad coming out

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

it’s me the guy zooming into vector graphics to find knowledge signaling opportunities about ink traps

sprung

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

you’d think Apple could just call all the HomePod owners one by one and warn them, it’s not like there’s a lot of them us

lol they pulled the update stopped signing it or whatever but aren’t telling anyone. if you look at software update it still asks you to download it, but then it refuses to install and asks you to download again

I bought` one of these

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Celexi posted:

you bought a homepod

don’t shame my learning experience

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Apple software quality has gone to absolute poo poo though. any posters working there should feel bad but maybe not as bad as Facebook or google

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

it’s a good update

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

it’s surprisingly bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

14 inches of Tim book secured. I am preparing to receive him