Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

its the medium size one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Evis posted:

just use an external keyboard like a normal person

youre typing it wrong

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

jit bull transpile posted:

all those mallcops are going to get fired and the guy who put him in a headlock will have to pay his hospital bills when it turns out to have damaged a nerve or artery.

wtf kind of piece of poo poo narc wrestles a shoplifter to the ground when he has no financial or social obligation to the business that was stolen from? imagine being such a slave to capital that you assist mall cops in beating up a child. also lmao at the guy who falls down trying to grab his legs at the end and tries to recover by sitting on his shin while a lady yells "what the gently caress are you doing?"

no poo poo! i was a security guard for 3 months out of high school and the employee handbook said dont get in fights you might get hurt

ofc they were worried about attempted heroes giving them liability and bad pr but still. dont defend capital. its got insurance

smh at testosterone poisoned idiots

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

graph posted:

anyone here do/done sales

i was the worst sales guy and only closed when someone called and their first words were "i want to buy thing"

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i keep seeing this ad all over the city. multiple cities, in fact

it's kinda baffling to me. who is that lady supposed to be, a bank teller? cause they sure as gently caress aren't the ones who should be apologizing. put some ugly fat old white assholes up there instead. or is that meant to be a disgruntled wells fargo customer? and what's the look she'd giving? i guess that's the expression you make when you re-commit to someone? but it shapeshifts, like the mona lisa's smile. she's smiling but she's not. i'd say the closest look is "vague disgust," which is appropriate for when you take back your gross ex who you know is bad for you, but that can't be what they were going for. bugs me. can't get it out of my head.

mission accomplished, i suppose

ten years ago i tried to make a wells fargo account and they closed it after like 2 days

thanks for pushing me away from the bullet you fired, wells fargo. thells thargo

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

poty posted:

yospos i need fashion advice

i dress a bit poo poo would a milanese loop look weird with like a t-shirt a cardigan or a sweater

apple watch always looks weird. its for people who want to proclaim to the world "look at me, i love appel so much i literally can't go two seconds without touchig an appel product"

and i say that as a series 3 owner

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

it's also worth noting that my se, while perfectly functional and not requiring unlock/auth to charge, will also very happily charge from a PC without having to authorize it, or even if you specifically deny it access to the phone.

in conclusion, timb hosed up by eoling the SE

se is the best phone ever made and i will use mine until it dies

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

make mba with retina screen, rule all computer manufacturing forever

too boring for apple, lets make a poo poo underpowered thing the thickness of a tortilla and follow up with a microwave keyboard that breaks if you touch it

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

also it removes the escape key so people who use text editors from 1972 are real mad about it

using vi without remapping caps lock to escape

shameful

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

FMguru posted:

lego version of apple park

im the bottomless pit where they cast nonbelievers

cool build of a dumb thing

worlds biggest aerobie

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

The concept of the touch bar is totally fine and could even be useful in some contexts

The problem is that they eliminated an entire row of keys from the keyboard instead of just making the trackpad 8 mm smaller

how did you get so wrong so fast after that av change

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

a whole separate display with a backlight and its own arm processor to save 40 pixels

just admit it's a gimmick to raise the average selling price of laptops to juice the stock

apple has a huge hardon for differentiation. they stopped improving the mba once other manufacturers figured out how to make something similar. instead did macbook, which is worse on almost every axis and makes very little sense except for being so fuckoff thin that nobody else can do it. much like the mba was at release

same deal for mbp, the lovely keyboard and touchbar are all about doing something that dell and lenovo can't easily duplicate

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

the one time i tried using a non-apple repair service was for an ipad with a cracked screen. it came back with a hosed bezel and i no longer send apple products to non-apple repair services

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

intel sold xscale so what else are they going to do, i860?

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

prisoner of waffles posted:

fwiw, if the whole story is bunk, Apple's statement has a wholly unnecessary adverb (never found hardware exploit "purposely planted") which means the statement is technically true even if they did find implants but they don't think that they were targeted by whoever did the implanting

congratulations jensen, you've cracked the case. you'll make lieutenant for sure now

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

I feel bad about that post, it was really sarcastic and lovely. sorry waffle prisoner

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

take my rice grain

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

if you give a child an apple tv remote they will lose it within five minutes and it's never coming back. roku remote is ugly and plasticky but its also big enough to not slip between couch cushions into the realm of lost gadgets

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

haswell is fine. coffee lake is only about 20% better IPC

also lol that mac shipments are down because apple isnt refreshing fast enough. they're poo poo and people are noticing, that's all

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

POWER architecture is real interesting the past couple of years and a water cooled POWER9 monster with glowing apple logos would be p sweet

what was the last ppc osx, 10.4? 10.5? release the tiger timb

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

qirex posted:

I bet they're maintaining a power build of os x just in case they need to switch back

nah they couldn't use it for anything but the mac pro anyway because of tdp

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

its not 2002, if you need wired ethernet on your laptop suck it up and use a dongle

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

iPhone excessive is waterproof right. so immerse a bunch of them in flowing water. is it a web-scale cluster of water-cooled shared-nothing compute modules, or a leaky bathtub full of phones? why not both

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

lmbo if u cook chicken. yeah let me RUIN my food cause i cant handle some bacteria. psh

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

lancemantis posted:

also whatís the temperature of chicken is broken English as gently caress and you didnít nearly get what you deserved

nlp torture test. anyone above room temperature iq knows what it means but it can very reasonably parse to something completely wrong

and donít fuckin make excuses for a fuckin computer wtf. this is a safe space

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

jit bull transpile posted:

glad to kno toxic masculinity has taken over eating a chicken breast

what activity can't be turned into a macho pissing exercise, truly a marvel

menstruation

childbirth

um

other uterus stuff

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Plank Walker posted:

what if we took the ux experience of the command line and added the ux experience of aggressively bad autocompletion and removed the screen?

still better than cmd.exe

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

well mansplaining is when a man explains an elementary concept to a woman, on the assumption that the woman is not familiar with the concept being explained. in fact, women are quite capable of independent understanding and so typically are insulted by mansplaining behavior. often they suppress any indication of anger at such treatment, as this only invites further sexist behavior from the mansplainer

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Kobayashi posted:

Sure, a sane society would invest in public transit and walkable cities so its citizens werenít trapped in wildly expensive automobiles for half their waking hours, so itís a fair analogy.

a sane society would criminalize your posting so be careful what you wish for

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

nah the other way around, i swapped s3 for garmin (and only for exercise)

we donít have lte watch available in latvia so a phone on me is a basic necessity on a run in any case. anyways, as i began to run more frequently (at all, really) recently, i began to experience some consistent issues with s3 during running (unreliable-ish gps accuracy that was a minor but noticeable nuisance, and heart rate detection problems that did really annoy me), so i decided to buy a garmin running watch just to wear when running since i donít really use the watch during run for anything other than time and the exercise tracking features, and i had some cash to burn + end of summer discounts on sports stuff here came to be. month later im really satisfied with garmin for running specifically, so i wear it for exercise and s3 at other times. my conclusions are that apple watch is mediocre sports watch and nice smart watch while garmin is a really good sports watch but really bad smart watch if youíve tried apple watch before it

yosfit: a phone on me is a basic necessity on a run in any case

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

what if 100 dials...was actually 1?

next instrument
next instrument
next instrument
next instrument
next instrument
next instrument
next instrument
goose

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

apple has made it pretty clear that they've lost interest in making good products

more likely to get a laptop thats 1mm thick and tears if youre not careful opening it than an updated mba or mini

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Stymie posted:

like, for example, being pointless, useless and a terrible product that should never have shipped

dont sign

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

iphone 11 is just a ipad mini and iphone se in one box

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

yeah battery swaps are real cheap right now get that battery swapped

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

its in the settings broheim

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it sucks, but it's the best

this is the nicest honest thing that anyone can say about anything

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

if the lighting is sufficient and the photo doesnít rely on small dof to be any good then theyíre most fine mate get realistic

i agree with this post. person behind the camera matters more

echinopsis posted:

here’s a great photo i took with my phone surely you can tell it’s a flower hence
job done well

nice

i'm sure apple will get right on updating the mac, a entire product line that earns them less money than icloud storage fees

you forgot apple music but yeah. once they get xcode going on ios bye bye mac

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

uh, the ipad pro has a stylus and a keyboard, what else would you need?

i could see my 7yo agreeing with you

and you know for sure apple has some guys there who are utterly in love with the idea of building ios on ios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

basically that's what he said yes, that america needs amerigdpr

it does, gdpr is good. implementing at work was a little painful because we 100% did not think about personal data or securing it properly until gdpr made us and we had to pay down that debt all at once. the only companies that really get screwed by gdpr are shady fuckers