Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I had to get what I think is a new MacBook pro because my boss demands we use osx

I have to use 14 adapters at my desk to accomplish things like "use an external monitor" and " have a mouse"

I had a meeting, got up to close my MacBook, closed it gently about 75% of the way down. One of the nine adapters I had plugged in had caught in between the hinge and the top right corner of the laptop. I get to my meeting. I have a large crack in the bottom right corner of the screen and the bottom 10% and rightmost 10% of the screen is now unusable. There is no mark on the outside of the glass, no scuff mark, no nothing.

This was my MacBook pro review thank you for listening

oh and it feels like poo poo to type on

E: why is there a touch thing where function keys are. It just has what the function keys would have. But it's touch instead. I do not understand.

Scionix fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I was never really an Apple products person but it's kind of funny watching them turn into what weird android/windows evangelists accused them of being in 2010

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
OS X day 7 review:

why cant I just use Linux at least I'd know where my stuff is

gently caress

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

infernal machines posted:

you don't really get mac, do you?

you don't need to know where your stuff is, it's in "all my files". if it's not in there it's probably gone or something, who knows?

WHERE ARE MY CURL LOGS STEBE THIS COMPANY IS GOING TO COLLAPSE IF THEIR API DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
who is the person that wants their laptop .2 mm thinner at the cost of the keyboard being poo poo or the screen bezel being horrible or having no usb ports or or or

i feel like after I dunno like 2012 or so we couldve just stopped and made ultrabooks just feel nicer to use but nah gotta be THINNER LIGHTER

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

infernal machines posted:

fairly?

assuming you have two sizes of pentalobe driver on hand and some suction cups, it's not too egregious, but it'll take 30 min or so and you'll need to be careful of the display cables. the whole screen has to come out to get at the hdd

Holy poo poo lol

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
My roommate is leaving work early to get in line for AIRPODZ2 or some poo poo i honestly dont get it

how are they different than any other wireless in-ear

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Sagebrush posted:

I am truly baffled by why they had to make the keyboard so thin in the first place, because my ThinkPad is exactly the same thickness as current generation MacBook pro both open and closed, and it has normal keys with like 3mm of travel

It also has three full size USB ports

haha look at this thinkpad using peasant

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
how about this. stinkpad

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I want computers with analog switches and slots in them so you can insert your ssd into it like a loving vhs tape before you boot it up

I want to turn my computer on like im activating the landing rover on apollo 11

just turning dials and thumbing big chunky buttons in a weird shade of orange or maroon

make it happen tim

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I tried to play a MPV file on windows 10 pro and it told me to pay 99 cents to the microsoft store to unlock that codec

uhhhhhhh

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Oh no, I definitely just downloaded MPC-HD, but loving laffo at trying to charge a dollar to use a codex on the native media player

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I think the 200 dollar VESA adapter is more insulting than the stand, tbh

thats just a "gently caress you, dumb bitch" to the consumer. there's no other way to frame that

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i just purchased an iphone 12 after using android my whole life

is there anything I should really do in the settings, to make the phone not sell my fingerprint to the fbi, or something to that effect.

I did turn off showing that I had read a text message. nice try tim

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

the OS is much smoother but I also miss being able to swipe left and right to go 'forward' and 'back' contextually, if that makes sense.

like in android if you went to settings, then down into keyboard settings, then swiped left, you'd go 'back' to the settings page. Does something like that exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Soricidus posted:

yes, you swipe left or right

oh drat you're a genius

I couldnt tell because iOS doesnt count the swipe unless you start it from the leftmost pixel on the screen

im also having trouble pressing and holding to select text half the time but I'm assuming its just my dumb android hands, I'm holding it wrong, etc, etc

on the plus side, text messages/convos are about 400 times better