Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
In a move nobody expected from Apple, the magsafe charger only works correctly with the newest brick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woaWYdrih_M

Also, I guess "Qi compatible" now means only 1.5w, 'cause that's all his Pixel 4 XL did on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010

Encrypted posted:

nice clickbait

the old 61W usb-c macbook charger and every other anker or ravpower usb-c charger i tried works fine outputting at 9V/2A with the macsafe puck, this is tested with a usb-c only tester that doesn't have the usb-a plug on it

maybe the guy need to upgrade his testing hardware??

Huh, that's interesting. I don't see how it could be his hardware because it works correctly with the 20w brick; you'd think he'd see an issue on all adapters.

Shifty Pony posted:

I think they meant "iPhone" when they said brick.

Sorry, I should have said adapter, not brick.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
This is my first Macbook (Air) ever, coming from an XPS 13 9380 w/ 8GB RAM.

Chrome is a tiny bit hitchy. I'm currently waiting for the ARM version of Chrome to come out (hopefully today).

It's currently cold here, and I'm used to warming my hands up a bit on the bottom of the XPS; this is no longer possible on the mac. The warmth on the bottom plate feels like I just laid my hand there for 30 seconds.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

how much ram did you get op, 8 or 16?

8GB

12 chrome tabs :cry:

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

haha, surely you are trolling us and didn't buy an 8gb laptop in 2020?!

I'm not a computer toucher by trade, and 8GB was just fine in my XPS, so yes I did. I have a desktop PC as well, so this is a secondary machine.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
https://youtu.be/CzZrB974Zro

our friend project farm just did a video about these batteries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
If you have an android phone you can sign up for YT premium in India and switch your account back to the US.

I use a burner account for this and share it with my primary in case google finds out, but it's like $3/mo for the family plan.