Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

The Management posted:

SA is banned in Russia? lmao wtf

welcome to #thereistance, the management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/slatestarcodex/status/944739157988974592

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

wait... the stand can't be removed?

you can on the pro see the ifixit teardown

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

lol nm

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

just throw an a12 with some hbm on a thunderbolt, boom

as for dedicated from integrated intels attempts at going from one to the other have been pretty lol

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

had a colleague who spent three months shopping for his new laptop. got a boat anchor precision and spent another two months trying to get Linux stable on it and ended up running windows and a VMware workstation Linux vm lol

now you choose from a t series or a MacBook Pro

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

infernal machines posted:

your colleague is an idiot, hth

yeah, he spent a lot of time playing gently caress-gently caress games with the onboard vid and nvidia and external video or something. I didn’t pay attention.

not the best use of his time.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

pitch me your favourite iphone apps, i bought one today

wormax.io

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

cant get dust under the keys with a touch screen (thinkingguy)

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

akadajet posted:

i do miss the classic winapi look and feel

iirc I saw a 90s msft design bible somewhere that was pretty good

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

that’s a lot of punctuation for this shithole

awful.app does a real bad job with yospos house style

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

The Management posted:

reading the article I am now convinced that they are going to royally gently caress up the new Mac Pro and miss the entire point of everything people have been yelling about for years.

make a loving next gen cheese grater you stupid assholes. gently caress.

forty eight core arm with sixteen thunderbolt ports and screen sharing over wireless gigabit to iPad pros who also compute elements via grand central dispatch

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

....when was that ever the case

apple 2 vs (non-clone) IBM PC, probably

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

when x2 comes out it will have a cx4 dsp for 3D wireframe acceleration

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

about a decade ago I was working with a department that was spun off from central IT. it was decided we needed our own infrastructure (lol), primarily for calendaring (lol, also we had google calendars already), and we were mostly macs we’d go with an Xserve lol

so bad. caldav/carddav is a standard! any problems are your clients lol

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

wtf

i've been singled out for suckage?

is the maps app signed into a google account?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

that's the problem, then.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

poty posted:

those "laptops" arent using laptop processors so at that point you might as well buy an alienware

its not on the 15W ultrabook skus but the 45W regular notebook skus support it

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

coke posted:

that's why every morning you should

- go into app store, make sure all the apps are updated for the day
- kill all background/frozen apps with the long hold on the X and swipe up motion
- go into settings/icloud/backup and run a backup
- wait till the backup is complete, turn off wifi manually in settings because control center is garbage
- swipe away settings
- shutdown the iphone x by holding the lock button and volume up and swipe to turn off

- fresh boot

never had any battery problems with any iphones with the fresh boot method every morning especially with the background app disabled completely

lol

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

pram posted:

smh if youre not wiring your house with 40g infiniband

maybe five years ago lol

got more fiber than shredded wheat

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

you make so much goddamned money and your market cap is so huge you cant come up with enough growth story to get a tech bubble pe

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

trapped on an island perhaps?

now we know why zuck and larry bought those islands in hawaii

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

The Management posted:

yeah, I don’t know what the big deal is. haven’t you ever seen an external antenna on a tower?

sure

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

e: nope

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

mm hmmmm

https://www.apple.com/legal/intellectual-property/trademark/appletmlist.html

someone once posted here "if sagebrush posts something that looks obviously wrong, it's a trap" and i :allears: about that now and again

ur post is distributed outside the us so u should read your link

For publications that will be distributed outside the United States, do not include trademark symbols.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

graph posted:

w-wallet in front ???????!?

enjoy ur hosed up spine

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

What is the good adblocker for ios? I generally just turn of javascript if I don't want to deal with a site's bullshit but obviously that only goes so far.

you can use the firefox focus blocker in safari

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

I had to get a new laptop at work bc the battery in my 4-yr old mbp was expanding too much and my IT guy thought I was gonna be killed thx timb

mbp - Mac burnt penis?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i’m not saying tesla is perfect or even good, but, just thinking about it, do you really believe the first thing you read on twitter coming from an account that has practically never posted since it’s creation date and then suddenly started off with a anti-tesla article in 2018, with like 100 followers. i’m only saying this because the previous tweets shared in the pos about that metal moulding stuff we’re from similarly shady as gently caress throwaways

i hope yosposters don’t read their news the way they read their twitter timelines

:tinfoil:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

literally what they’re talking about for the next Mac pros lol

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

remember when expose came out and win 7 (?) cloned it with win-tab but stacked all of them so you could only see like 10% of the window and only showed like 10 windows

lol

now jony going to put pics of all ur apps in the magic taskbar

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

what’s a good svn client for osx? client is insisting on using it and versions.app isn’t impressing me

git-svn :dance:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

i really hope craig does something to the effect of re-writing itunes from the ground up ala edge and having the political clout to replace the dogshit one entirely

why bother when there going to move it all thru the on device store and Apple Music lol

cloud backups, ota updates

what’s left for iTunes?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

r u ready to WALK posted:

There's a Quadra 840AV for sale for a decent price near me, should I pick it up?

I remember really wanting one back in 94 or whenever when all I had was a peasant Macintosh LC with a 12" 512×384 display

its fun to gently caress around with and mac emus kinda suck so have fun if you fondly remember you lc

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

infernal machines posted:

in their 42 year history there's only like a decade where they made anything even remotely good

ahem they made the ii for like 14

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

iirc when these were first introduced somebody pointed out that the sanctions were targeted on components not final goods to turbofuck any us manuf like many times in this administration the question whether incompetence or intentional malice is unsettled

also iirc goog and moto did us prototype plants in the us with lots of automation in the last decade and were largely price competitive (failed for other reasons) which makes sense unless you think manufacturing labor is a significant cost input on the iphoen lol

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

it’s a streamer but for print

itym single player mass produced linear text adventure

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

poty posted:

i dont get the hype around ar. ive tried to measure my dong with the new measurements app several times and i never get a reading. how did this make it past testing smh

'He had a penis eight hundred miles long and two hundred and ten miles in diameter, but practically all of it was in the fourth dimension.'

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is loving weird that rj45 didn't get squeezed a lot flatter at some point, it is one of those where the physical dimensions are obviously unnecessarily large and a forward-compatible redesign (with a slightly wider but much flatter section with the same wiring was instead used) would have been trivial

the x1c does ok on ports in a lot of ways, but it has a proprietary physical ethernet port, which is incredbily pointless, since the converter is the same size as a usb ethernet dongle

there were a couple of minirj45 attempts i think from the shove as many 1g ports on a chassis blade era; force10? extreme? maybe

x1c probably can pxe or WoL off that nic because enterprise lol and its less painful than usb ethernet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

SRQ posted:

The 2019 Mac Pro, now expandable with one PCI-E x16 for any* device you can imagine.

Shipping today with 6-core Haswell based Processors, up to 12 core, and with the option for AMD R7 480X or Nvidia GTX 750 graphics.
$4,000 dollars USD.

*that MacOS supports and that has special firmware that's closed-source so gently caress you if you wanna buy outside the handful of GPU's we ship.

i think you mean 16 1-lane thunderbolt connectors for ipads pro clustering offload