Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
google hangouts + the chromecast for business boxes are kinda ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

well why not posted:

It's like they want it to be a pronoun.

my pronouns are iphone/ipad

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Doc Block posted:

the dumbest way of saying ski mask?

wrong post

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

lmao this is more expensive than even NL prices, and in Latvia?! RIP

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

oh thats not so bad, in NL (non-amsterdam) you gotta pay about 500 - 600k for a decent 2bed apt in a nice area in a city, 300k might get you a tiny/crappy one. in amsterdam add on like 20 - 40% extra because gently caress you

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah, nl is getting hosed extra hard. i read earlier this year that the dutch 73% (iirc) real estate price climb was the primary contributor to the observed growth of real estate prices of either eurozone or the eu (i don’t remember which, but it’s not like that matters lmao)

lomarf

IIRC it's only (lol) 20% per year at the moment, which is still ridiculous

i bought 2.5 years ago, stuff was still expensive then, but would be totally hosed buying now. completely out of reach for anyone whos not very well off

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ah, looks like i completely misremembered. https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/economic-bulletin/focus/2021/html/ecb.ebbox202104_05~681f95e295.en.html this was the report i referenced, where Germany, France, and the Netherlands were show to represent like 70% of house market pricing growth in eu. the Netherlands has almost the same contribution to that as France lmao

as a compensation, funny nl tweet

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/1433923449844600840

that sounds and looks impressively loving terrible, lmao

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Plorkyeran posted:

they'll be announced the day after you buy a m1 pro maxxx

this

best time to buy was on launch day, second best time to buy is now, you can always sell the MacBook and buy the latest if you really mind (probably won’t happen)

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

i wish i was rich enough for the widly expensive apple monitor, or even better they made a cheaper one like they did back in 2013 or whatever, that was great

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

r u ready to WALK posted:

my sister dumped a cup of tea on her macbook air with the bad keyboard, and it looks like the keyboard condoms actually helped it survive until she toweled it off
i had a look inside the day after and it was still completely dry inside the chassis

i wonder if there's any membranes on the new good keyboards or if sucks up liquid like a sponge again

the day apple releases a waterproof macbook pro will be a truly blessed day

i have killed i think 3 mbps by spillage? coffee, beer, and water

and only one of them was a work machine, lol

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

i would like it if apple fixed shared notes being super laggy on both ios and macos. that would be nice

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

i can't type with autocorrect off, but with it on it's also loving annoying, correcting "gently caress" to "duck" 5x in a row or whatever (and even with words without profanity)

when i type in another language it's actually fine tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

anyway, check out mini metro+ and mini motorways if you happen to have apple arcade (the former is also available outside for $4)

aww mamn mini motorways isn't available outside of apple arcade, shame, mini metro owned

is this common? and can you end up buying stuff normally after all?

e: apparently its been apple arcade exclusive for 2 years, lmao. its on steam but feels like this sorta game is better on phone. argh!

Mr SuperAwesome fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 21, 2021