Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
The joke is trackpad have been getting progressively bigger, to no real benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I'm not sure if this is what you want but I found an alarm app that goes off every minute and you can set it so you have to confirm the alarm x amount of times. alarmed. but it's not user friendly and a little complex, I think it's about 5 dollars. but I think you can download a demo to test it out. once you "get it" you can customize the amount of snooze time/very easily snooze things on a case by case bases.

there are also other apps where you can do math equations or something to wake up but those don't work for me.

it cannot however play podcasts or music when you wake up which is what I personally would love as an alarm clock. I figure the reason why this doesn't exist is cause of ~Apple~ but if someone tells me this is possible just no one has made it I might just learn Xcode/swift.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Last Chance posted:

yeah or just go to bed and wake up like an adult? just spitballing here
that's the long term goal, but I gotta be able to wake up on time first.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Last Chance posted:

"hmm , can't seem to wake up in the morning. maybe i should spend my evenings learning to code a solution to this? seems reasonable"

it's worked for me tho :v: it's a nice way to wake up. I had an app on my computer that did it but it was unreliable unfortunately.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

YOSPOS -> apple: what you are describing is not normal

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

so how is the update, any neat features besides night mode?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

sure it does

Phone scans face:
"Oh I'm sorry we can't accept that"

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

The auto-correct is alright. I don't know if it's because I've become acute to it's quirks, but most of the time I can guess what it will correct it to so I just keep typing. However I use to be able to 3d touch/move the cursor with ease. Ever since the new update my "style" of doing it has stopped working and instead I have to do a cartoon-wind up with my thumb to activate the 3d touch.

This is all I can give for praise. It boggles my mind that we still don't have a button to copy, and a button to paste on the keyboard. Or how we still have to shake the device to undo.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I never got why people care about how fast the iPad/Phone is. I've never once looked at my phone and said "you know what this needs, more speed". What is everyone gonna do with all that speed?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Themage posted:

it comes with a seperate way to charge it in the box

to be fair neither solution is elegant. The other charger is this tiny piece of plastic that sticks awkwardly out of the pencil. The apple pencil is a good example of anti-design.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

What was iTools?

Lmao, mobile me, totally forgot about that and netscape.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

either way, why remove the headphone jack on the ipad? i find it pretty stupid on the phone as well (just make it thicker and get rid of the camera bump and get some extra battery), but as a fraction of the volume i do buy that the jack does come at some cost there. on an ipad though? such a tiny thing

apple/google? I guess, wants to become a flat surface with no buttons or holes. somehow Apple has convinced people that less features is in fact revolutionary and a benefit for the user.

edit: I went to the Apple store recently and the iPad is pretty slick. I like the shape, and the pencil feels lighter (but the pencil also feels a little plasticy). I can confirm it noticeably wobbles when laying down, which I know others mentioned itt but I'm still laughing about it. i wonder if people would genuinely mind if the iPad camera was just okay.

Nude fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 9, 2018

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

you guys know any bluetooth headsets that actually have a switch or something to pair to another device? like my keyboard has a button for up to three devices. I like my Bluetooth headphones but switching between my computer/phone is kind of a pain. it says it supports two device pairing but it's crap.

do the AirPods pull this off better?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Weedle posted:

mojave’s font rendering bothered me for like two days and then i forgot what it looked like before so idc

same except for sa

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

hey thanks for posting this I enjoyed the video. I like her shirts too.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Granite Octopus posted:

yeah it probably was

and it loving kills me because when airdrop does work it’s incredible. so fast and works around whatever broken-rear end local network you might have. I just wish I could see the other computer >50% of the time

ya, I don't even know how to share files to and from my phone unless it's airdrop.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

as far as im concerned itunes still has the best ui for managing a local library. yes its clunky and bloated and the ui is actually not very good, but what are u going to use to manage 25,000+ songs, foobar? vlc?

this is true. but I switched to iina and folders. but during the brief period of time of searching for another iTunes for Mac they were all worse.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I didn't say it was a good solution lol

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

if Apple was designing an animal it would be a worm.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

as long as apple continues to be best deal in terms of privacy, security, and convenience i will keep buying apple products op

(also best looking)

kind of curious what makes Apple so good in privacy?

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

The shortcuts app is odd. When it works it's cool but a lot of the times I'll think of something and then come up to a wall where apple specifically doesn't allow that feature. Things like oh why don't I make a shortcut that toggles mono/stereo; nope not allowed to use settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I use xnviewmp (scroll down until you see Download XnView MP 0.92, it's free). It's a bit much ui wise, and I had to spend a day customizing it. I use it all the time, and it's nice for browsing folders with a ton of images. It does recursive too.