Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

pram posted:

why cant there be a touchbar and function buttons hmm? steve?

they'll put it in next year and then brag about the ~courage~ it took to reverse a dumb poo poo design decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Microsoft: "take Surface with you wherever you go! Surface loves car rides and going to the beach! Surface is a good boy!"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
hello thread. just tried out the keyboard on Macbook Pro. it is very bad but not quite as bad as I feared. I'd take the keyboard on this 2011 sarnsung any day

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i just remembered that Apple MacintoshBook is passively cooled. can anyone c/d that it throttles cpu speed like crazy?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i came across my old iPhone 4 when i was cleaning out a desk drawer. its screen is adorably small. still a good-lookin phone
:kimchi:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
if I outlaw phone use during takeoff only criminals will use phones during takeoff :thunk:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

i, too, want the flexibility of paying best buy $100

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

I'm the tears, I suppose

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

I'm the faceos - one of the four operating systems apple will have to support

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
wait wait

"eyeOS"

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
apple clearly isn't the only company to do this and it is certainly fine by law and professional ethics. That being said, professional ethics and tax law don't define what is good or what ought to happen and I feel that articles couched in that way kind of miss the point. the point seems to be that this example might provide a good vehicle to consider whether we should change things so that the wealthiest corporation pays appropriately for access to us markets, IP protections, and workers.

anywho i'll shut up now

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Agile Vector posted:

speaking of, i miss the old powerbook and early mbp matte screens :sigh:

I'd buy a 12" powerbook with updated internals. It'd be so compact and chubby :3:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
homepodOS

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
is the macintoshOperatingSystem's context menu a piece of poo poo like windows'?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

carry on then posted:

not that i've noticed but how do you mean

the fact that 1st and 3rd party programs create entries for themselves willy-nilly. they're useful about 1/3rd of the time and i don't like having to janitor my menus.

does tim just make it harder to alter the context menu? or are mac app writers just less annoying?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

carry on then posted:

i think the only way you can get something in there is to create a service, but those go in a sub menu and you can show or hide them in system preferences

:tipshat:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
dustgate is real

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
That commercial is pretty revealing

"what's a computer?"

-Apple, 2017

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

:wow:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
it only works because the os assumed that you can't enter the root password because your keyboard has been disabled by dust

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i just noticed that some kind soul bought me an av. thank you, anonymous benefactor :3:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
booted up my 6-year old iphone 4 last night. it is like a tiny baby phone and is very cute.

still works fine. praise stebe

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
goofus: ill just use this copy of pages that the nice young genius at the apple store suggested I buy with my $2000 Facebook machine

gallant: I'll pay a mere $100 per year to use the world-class Microsoft Office suite

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

echinopsis posted:

if ya lock yourself out of ya iphone and can’t get into it, can you force restore from backup? or do you need to solve the security problem first? can you wipe the phone from findmyphone?

did you steal a phone, echi?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

The Management posted:

pages is free. office is also free if you abuse your corporate account.

oh lol it is free now

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

echinopsis posted:

it’s fixing now itself m. i didn’t really help

this meet cute could be the next apple commercial :3:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the next season of star trek: discovery will have an episode where the mirror universe counterparts take everything over super easily because the ship uses FaceID

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
its a mountable tower for your cpu, ram, drives, and pci cards. they have invented a tower

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
ooooo there is a 2009 cheese-grater mac pro with a 500gb ssd for sale on craigslist

too bad it is like 5 hours away and i have absolutely no use for it

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

now make the triangle computer tim

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

infernal machines posted:

it's probably a good thing it's that quick since it'll throttle itself to oblivion if it has to run that hot for any longer

yeah I think that the two minutes was the length of time it took to fuse and melt through the earth's crust

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

It's going to sound like a Dyson hand dryer but there's no reason it can't handle 100% load with the amount of heatsink they crammed in there. The lack of expansion sucks for "power users" but they're trying to keep people out of the guts of thing and rely on customer-friendly external expansion and yall are whiny nerds about it

then explain this extremely real file photo

:smugmrgw:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
so that's why they named the programming language 'swift'

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

:trumppop:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

honestly curious - why would pythonista be preferable to just running python and an ide on your macintoshbook?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
[

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the board is concerned that timb will get assaulted on a commercial flight over PLANNED OBSOLECENCE-GATE

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

as long as all other phones are poo poo the iphone wont be overpriced. because there is nothing to compare it to

i dont like apple but i use an iphone for that reason. id love to switch but there is nothing to switch to.

*ahem* forgetting about Essential Phone™, arent we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
there are a lot of ads for the iphone x on hulu. like back to back. I think that's a bad sign for its sales

also one commercial focuses entirely on singing animojis