Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

wonder if they're specifically accounting for these kinds of relationships. I also haven't watched netflix in like half a year but can't cancel because of my dependents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Not being able to distinguish US politics news from entertainment news might just be how AI finally passes the Turing test

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Last Chance posted:

heathens and weirdos
checks out

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Shaggar posted:

thats not already a feature? icloud seems real bad

Yeah what does it do exactly if you can't share files

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

poty posted:

yeah the first catalina boot experience is not great. tons of apple things asking for permission or consent at the same time.
lmao remember the "Cancel or Allow" mac vs pc ad

really what we should have been mad about at the time was how many apps want admin access they shouldn't need

posting on the boeing pro max page

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it's a smartwatch you keep in your other pocket

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

From what I gather, the mistake Adobe made was not precisely setting expectations for the initial release of Photoshop for iPad. When Adobe described as “real” Photoshop, what a lot of people heard was “full” Photoshop, and that was never the plan.
jesus christ that's some intense bootlicking

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I was way more impressed by the Nintendo DS's 96px screen gap when games took advantage of it (pretending there's poo poo happening in that space) than I would be if it was a single folding screen

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i can't wait for the inevitable airspods pros subscription service to match the one where you get a new iphone every year because apple only makes disposable products now
Pay every month to not get loud ANC glitches straight to your ear canal

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

is apple allowing homespod to be paired to airplay-enabled tvs now?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

best thing about hugephones is turning autocorrect off

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Don't make that gesture then? It's trying to have your cake and eat it too in arm pose form and that's worthy of ridicule, not just being awkward around people

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Uptime Sinclair posted:

~deep fusion~ apparently does not work if you have “capture photos outside the frame” on, lol
it's annoying because it makes total sense (there's nothing to fuse in the areas captured only by the ultrawide lens) but is also not communicated at all for fear of scaring the user with Difficult Concepts

so you have to guess instead!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it's a weird comparison since nobody's doing graphics work with local dimming on, you'd rather have the lovely contrast and raised blacks but keep pixel consistency

...lmao imagine if you couldn't turn it off

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 8, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

siri speaking truth to power

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Management posted:

yes they do. the adapters are essentially usb sound cards, they just need the audio over USB driver, which AFAIK exists in every iOS device
Seriously? They made such a big deal out of the Lightning connection being able to output analog audio over two pins (getting rid of the jack's biggest shortcoming and closer to the "mini-XLR gaining mass traction" pipe dream) and then moved the DAC off to the dongle anyway? What a loving waste.

e: looks like an abandoned feature :psyduck:

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 21, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah didn't find any serious source for what I believed for years other than forum posts, goddamn

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The setting makes perfect sense, what wouldn't is having to 3D longerpress the Tabs tab to make it appear; the discoverability issues are mostly on mobile

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I think about the "cancel or allow" ad campaign every time I type in my password to authorize a calendar app to run

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

give up your tinyphones and you won't need autocorrect. embrace the phablet

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

just use a fitHeadless dongle or something, plenty of screen emulators for testing

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Mixing for Atmos is still Mac-only

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Will this work with FaceID specifically, though? It's based on depth and this mask looks like it just has a photo printed on

should work just fine with image-based Android implementations but why call it a FaceID mask then

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

make them smaller so they only support second generation ears

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It had to be, men's pants can fit a loving Vita

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

smellmycheese posted:

They are all automatically backed up on my Mac so this should be simple.
Make another backup on an external drive. Remember iTunes? When Apple says they're going to delete all your poo poo everywhere, it's not bad wording, it's a threat.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Sniep posted:

old macs are super heavily in use in installation type roles, like audio workstation DAWs and print editing etc etc etc
my favorite kinda setup like this is old mac pros running logic that offload the entire processing to multiple slave PCs through vienna ensemble. these are ostensibly mac professionals doing mac stuff on the mac platform, but apple's never gonna see another cent from them (if the main machine gives out, get your assistant to find another used one with the same spec), meanwhile they keep buying PC parts

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

2020 is opposite day, while apple leaks poo poo directly journalists would rather protect corporate interests

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

will it be "Apple Over-Ear Headphones X" and every regular person will say "ex" instead of "ten"?
jesus I just remembered johnny fireball overhearing some repairman say "iphone ecks" and typing up multiple posts how it was a blunder for apple to not realize the working class doesn't know about roman numerals

instead of, y'know, assuming the guy expects you to know it means ten and using language for convenience

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It is interesting that the background removal camera feature shown in the trailer looks much shittier than real-life examples on the product page, like they deliberately tried to reassure people their big iPhones still have an edge.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

they have a captive audience

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The year is 2030. Apple showcases performance gains in the new iMac Pro for home users using framerates in Rise of the Tomb Raider

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

With working capacitative touchscreens to boot, just software locked

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

that's not the fastest, it's a trap for people sorting by price
the mac pro surgeons of the windows ecosystem

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

can you even set it up so it unlocks when picked up without any protection whatsoever?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

drat they really went hard with the notch

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

and now live tiles are coming

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Most people would prefer to live in an authoritarian dictatorship that uses the language of libertarian society

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

lol messages is telegram now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'm glad Longhorn found a home on the Mac platforn

Amethyst posted:

the ios6 icons were perfectly dimensional. then they went flat, now they're introducing HORRIBLE drop shadows and bevels for a half assed not even close to ios6 dimensionality? what the hell is the design theory here?
It's like with conservatives arguing online, backpedalling without admitting defeat