Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

hard to dogfood voice assistants when the people setting the requirements have actual assistants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I just run the line out into a passive monitor controller. don't need much :shobon:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

"HDMI splitter" on Aliexpress seems to be code for "HDCP decryptor". I got two that appeared as Samsung TVs (presumably their keys got leaked?) if connected to a PC and could feed protected content straight into a capture card
...and did work properly as splitters outside of that :v: now if you want to get RCA out, you're looking for an audio extractor with passthrough that can handle your source's HDMI revision

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

echinopsis posted:

apple should go hard on the backwards compatibility and basically ensure that anyone around the globe can get an iphone even if it’s a $50 ten year old
one iphone per child

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

gently caress me that owns
worth getting a smartphone to pair with it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

njsykora posted:

using a magic mouse is also using it wrong tbh

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

demon bubble nation

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Just picked up an SSL 12 and I cannot wait to have Opinions on its headphone amp

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Branch Nvidian posted:

i initially sent a recovery contact request to my dad and he didn't accept it
:owned:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

no need for a letter opener, honey, I've got my macbook right here

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

they probably have dior celsius for the ladies

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

greenest company, 100% recycled aluminyum

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

echinopsis posted:

davinci is superior to premier

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

XGIMP Gouged In Moderation Process

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Blackmagic is the Behringer of video

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the ram limit on the pro mini seems arbitrary when the equivalent laptop can go up to 48GB, is this just so the studio keeps having an advantage?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

the apple music search experience really isn't designed for distinguishing between eighty different performances of mozart's 25th symphony
Yeah it's this. Spotify also needed a separate UX for classical to differentiate the work from the recording but they managed to make it part of one interface

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

njsykora posted:

also just turn off the head tracking stuff because it sucks especially if you're walking around

the audeze mobius has a neat mode where it still responds to short-term head movement but will level out after a few seconds. works great on the train cause otherwise the track turning would constantly move the center point

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the quest 2 is popular as a present. one of the things john carmack was publicly complaining about was stats showing most people just set it up, did one session to check out the whole VR thing and chucked the headset in a closet never to return

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Dying of monoxide poisoning playing Battlefield Vietnam VR before I can blink out P-A-S-S-T-H-R-O-U-G-H to see why the alarm started ringing

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

wait jony clown nose is real?

i honestly thought people were trolling the pos

hypersincerity. he's making fun of the things he still genuinely stands by

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

discharge your goddamn phone

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

they called it wireless charging

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

cinci zoo sniper posted:

rolling coal on iphone

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

best gdpr compliance was usa today legit removing all tracking and being faster to load through a vpn

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

ask for the user's opinion on the Roma, don't check the answer, lock down after 500 characters

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it's important to remember that even the podcasts you like are bad

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

put it on playing ac valhalla and you can do 200 hours of england in 100 hours. productivity hack

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Cold on a Cob posted:

some of us actually leave the house tho

get a Shanling and a fuckhuge SD card

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

yo if I'm compensating for variables in my system in software to get to a comfortable listening level I absolutely don't want any fletcher-munson bullshit in there. the computer doesn't know the specs of my amp. linear is fine

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it's no longer a note if you go low enough :eng101:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Really gonna enjoy the newly released API for Whisper's large-v2 model to transcribe and skim through all the mediocre white men talking endlessly about technology

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

pls design awards?? no usability! only design awards

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

wishing Microsoft Store to have been vetted and rejected

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

cinci zoo sniper posted:

airpods/pro not really, but airpods max being limited as they are is insulting

still lol that if you connect the airs pod max to computer with usb-c instead of acting as an audio interface like every other high end bt headphones they will just start charging. if you want wired you need to connect them through trs and have three D/A conversions in the chain instead of one

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

right now if someone's getting physical at all it's gonna be on vinyl
you get flacs and beeg cover art, what else do you need

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

just lol if you can't switch mental models between trackpads/mice/windows/macos/english/danish

one week of copying and pasting between macos and a remote windows connection and you will achieve system agnostic nirvana. xbox controller in one hand, ninty in the other. pressing the correct Y on both at the same time

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

don't threaten me with a good time