Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

graph posted:

so now that adobe finally admits it steals all your poo poo for its algorithms, what are some alternatives you know of or actively use?

Not at all surprised. Can’t find the exact source though, only able to find page after page of endless sales and features crap.

Care to share?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

r u ready to WALK posted:

How the hell did it make it through the app review process, is it really that automated and useless now

I actually think it’s easier to get past the review process if it’s something like this masking it under SaaS lol

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022
Just looked at what the developer is offering besides that Xgimp thing and the rest is complete rear end too.

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022
I’m gonna pull the trigger this year and get me a 14-inch with M2 Max 12‑core CPU, 38‑core GPU, 96GB memory and 2TB SSD.

Also gonna live on canned beans for years to come, lol

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

Jonny 290 posted:

i guarantee you many, many non-americans die of carbon monoxide poisoning every year. people just either never hear about it or don't care. americans are good at making noise.

Yeah, I actually know of some cases in Denmark. Not happening very often, but the grilling indoors is also a thing here unfortunately

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

Beeftweeter posted:

i'm hesitant to be definitive but you should be able to. like i said i was grandfathered into the lifetime sub already, but i use family sharing with my wife's account too and she's able to download it also

I haven’t been using it after it went subscription based, but clicking on Manage Subscription just takes me directly to the App Store subscription page. I haven’t been prompting me about anything so I don’t know if that means I’m grandfathered or not?

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah if i click that in the menu i just get a list of the subs i do have (or had) on the app store. i'm guessing that means you're good since it doesn't even show up on the list

Sweet!
Guess I should use it more often now that I’ve completely cutoff Adobe from my life

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

lord funk posted:

is the app library still a part of the ios home screen? i'm on ios 14 i think. i never understood why anyone, ever, would want a page that essentially randomizes the location of their apps on the screen

Unfortunately it is.

Wish they would just kill it off and let me have the alphabetical sorted list instead.

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

Beeftweeter posted:

swipe down on the app library screen

Oh I know it’s there - I just wished the App Library was skipped and a right swipe just went directly to the list

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i work with mouse mostly, so i use https://rectangleapp.com with the dot thing in pro version and it's great

+1 for rectangle. It’s great

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022
iSH recently got a new update which is actually pretty solid.

It’s still Alpine Linux running in emulated x86, but to have a working Rust compiler on my iPhone makes me oddly happy lol :discourse:

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

Beeftweeter posted:

oh neat

i like a-shell too but since you can only use/compile wasm stuff its almost just as slow

Yeah, although a-shell supports shortcuts which I extensively use to grab videos off the internet with yt-dlp :doit:

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022
My boss just ordered a new Macbook Pro for me and I’m legit thrilled. :cheersdoge:

My current work laptop is a piece of poo poo HP and I have never in my loving life used a more unstable “premium” laptop…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DX24TB1
Dec 30, 2022

susan b buffering posted:

i got robbed at gunpoint once and the one thing they didn't bother taking was my phone. always wondered if they just didn't notice it or if it's just too much of a liability since they were mostly after cash

I think it’s the latter. Currently when people are breaking into homes these days, they mostly leave electronics behind because different locking mechanisms and what not.

Sorry about the robbery also, hope you’re okay as well