Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

its also wrong, airplane mode is switched off in settings when airplane mode is activated

the first time you activate airplane mode in ios11, it turns everything off

anything you turn back on will stay on the next time you turn on airplane mode

state dependent memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

AWWNAW posted:

put gruber on suicide watch

apple hasn't made that model watch yet

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

poty posted:

i tried the phone at the crapple store. its uncomfortable to hold in landscape because it’s too big. its gonna bomb hard imo

how is anything uncomfortable to hold in landscape?

it's still smaller than a psp, switch, vita, gameboy, any tablet ever, or a dimestore paperback

or do you only have one hand and im being dismissive of your disability

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Xaris posted:

actually this is very cool and good and will sell like hotcakes. having crack screens is the new status symbol of being cool and down to earth, not obsessed with material goods and having the latest phone, like you've seen some poo poo go down, a real weathered and cool person

wabi sabi

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

is this the after shot from one of those youtube channels that purposely breaks new apple products

i'm hoping it's from someone trying to remove a pop socket

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Generic Monk posted:

"i made a notes app named after a loving cocktail"

a notes app i never updated with a hosted component that i couldnt afford ten bux a month to support

yes, i do think im successful why do you ask

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The Management posted:

I don’t know poo poo about rich women’s fashion but I assume Hermès does.

This is how everyone thinks, including those purchasing the watch with band. it's how we got the Tiffany can (well, they're Tiffany; they must know what is in)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

stebe was in charge all those times clock.ipa hosed up when the time changed from standard to daylight savings and back.

not true (because clock.ipa still fucks up every DST in some fashion even though stebe dead)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The Management posted:

apple to update phones next year

are you gonna get fired for leaking now?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

didn't you know? every time you update your iphone it become half as fast as the previous update. enough updates and you won't be able to use it at all which is how crapple forces you to buy a new phone. i saw this on fox news so it must be true

i work with three people still running ios 9 on 6S series devices.

the other devices im aware of are a blackberry passport and some sony androids.

these are all it professionals

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

doesnt ios 9 have unpatched vulnerabilities by now

yes, it sure does

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

you moron

you loving idiot

they control your airpods

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

which are for listening to beats one on your lte apple watch

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

it’s always strange when Apple announces something so far in advance(strange in itself) and then it gets delayed

however you slice it, it says bad planning, what happens to the lean manufacturing Tim

it’s the Sony PlayStation 2 vs Dreamcast move, but I guess Apple doesn’t like amazon selling so many echoes in the meantime

no you see tim is good at supply chain and thats why the most profitable business in the world has missed the holiday season two years in a row.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i like headphones i don't have to charge

well how much cash do you have then

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

why is mine still old

you can choose from a variety of icons in the setting screen now

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

eddy cue literally means signal to circle the drain lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

no pivot tables

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

creationist believer posted:

didn't apple claim face id could tell the difference between identical twins?

no, they specifically mentioned it as an unsolved edge case

they could find identical twins but women were a testing environment they couldnt reproduce

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Last Chance posted:

how are people still tricked by apple fan mockups? theyve existed for years

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

tk posted:

It
wou-
ld
be
pret-
ty
ann-
oyi-
ng,
but
pos-
sib-
le.

anyone buying the shuffle would be like 60, so more like

it
w
o
u
ld

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

the ... is the necessary hint that there is more to read

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

for a very long time my 5s when it sees a wrong word highlights it but doesnt automatically offer a suggestion... like it used to.. its hosed

sounds like processor throttling to me

drat forced obsolescence, mate

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

FamDav posted:

when anybody writes "Pay attention to what I'm about to say."

nice try

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

brap posted:

(((lisp programmers)))

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Maximo Roboto posted:

The 8 shouldn't even be called the 8. It's clearly a 7S, an incremental upgrade. Why the hell did Apple go iPhone 7, 8, 10 are they fucken copying Windows version progressions for no reason now?

(yes I know that it's the tenth anniversary of the iPhone or some other numerology but 8 -> 10 is just as dumb as 7S -> 10)

it's because an iPhone 9 would break iPhone 95 apps

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

next year they'll release the iphone 9 and the iphone 11

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

carry on then posted:

dixon ticonderoga bithc

accept no substitutes

rotring 800

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

"Fewer" not "less". Hth.

the only less mistake is using more

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

appears to 100% depend on where you are, google maps is good in most places, apple maps vary quite heavily in quality

which is weird as google is otherwise to a great extent pretty bad at localizing their services, but the maps and search teams are pretty on top of this stuff

https://www.justinobeirne.com/google-maps-moat/ is a good post about the disparity in quality and features between google maps and apple maps and some sensible conjecture as to the how and why of it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

I hope you enjoy listening to only a handful of artists and gently caress you if you want more

Now! That's What I Call Streaming for only 19.99 a month.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Xaris posted:

in my defense, i had pushed it off like.. 6 months? and I was in an intoxicated state that i wasn't thinking and thoguht "welp it cant be that bad now, its been 6 months surely all the bugs have been worked out!"

i got owned by timmy c

how are people still falling for this, engaging shaggar in the apple thread

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

pitch me your favourite iphone apps, i bought one today

Camera

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oic. libertarianism is bad imo but im not going to grab my pitchfork yet if it is just that

huh. what would a complication be in a regular watch then? like tiny date dial?

weird that apple doesnt send pushes for os updates, but ill get them in the news anyways so w/e, they know ux sutff

tiny date dial, secondary ticker, perpetual calendar, moon phase, etc

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Last Chance posted:

You have to explicitly add Apple Music playlists songs to your library, even if you've saved the playlist to your account.

You're basically subscribing to the playlist and adding a shortcut to it, but not really adding the songs themselves to your library until you specifically add them (either individually or highlighting them all and clicking "Add to library")

This is because some playlists change dynamically and have songs added/removed from them regularly and I guess they don't want to potentially auto-add new songs or remove songs from your library without your permission.

i have an 'add to library' playlist for this exact reason, just hit the ... and add the whole playlist to the add to library playlist

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

You're not supposed to put those in your ear dumbass

yeah, they don't reach far enough
you need those medical cotton swabs for that

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i wasn't even looking for routing. i just want a map that works without an internet connection.

neither apple nor google will deliver that anymore

on the subway my $1000 smartphone is less useful than a $100 GPS from 2001 because ?????

i still have it from hamburger menu (gmaps) in the search bar?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

and im fully updated

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The Management posted:

if the pattern holds the iPhone is to undergo a design change this year

considering the design has basically been the same since the 6 isn't the pattern already dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

coke posted:

even apple themselves agrees the the watch is actually garbage

eg. if you go into the apple store site to get the trade-in value for s0 apple watch sports you'd get $25 for it, $50 if you trade in the stainless steel version of s0

stymie was right

how much for edition?