Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

apple is good and they make much better products than microsoft of android

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i preemptively voted this thread 5

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

101 posted:

i just want one without a drat touch bar

i thought they made one without a touch bar

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i used to wear shoes that looked like those lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

bump_fn posted:

when are they expected to announce new ones casue this air is like six years old and its not my money im spending

if it's not your money then space gray and max it out

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:geno:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Don't eat over your laptop keyboards you disgusting nerds.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm glad you love dongles. I love them too. Our customers have found so many creative and interesting uses for dongles. While it is not time to share any details, we do plan for dongles to be an important part of our product line going forward.

Best,
Tim

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

how do you break a calculator

you lag inputs with your flashy animations. thanks design people!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

poty posted:

hmm just ran this with the ios calculator and its actually 20

Same

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

what would be the best way to ruin their footage... strap on head dildo? Trump mask?

steve jobs mask

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

spoke to a dude with a 13-tb macbook why he chose it and what he thinks about the bar etc mainly out of my personal curiosity

he said he’s always been a vim user and finds the lack of an escape key distressing

he also chose it himself

turns out vim users are dumb and just like making things hard on themselves

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

carry on then posted:

lmao gruber's lost it

gruber sucks

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

i am still doing well with my 2013 macbook air for general use but it's way too slow to work with camera raws so i think i'll just upgrade the home desktop pc from "$360 costco hp tower + monitor bundle" to an imac of some kind. not really sure what i'd need to run ps+lr well but i'll figure it out when i actually get closer to buying, maybe in the new year

I still think installing macOS on a desktop PC is the best option for mac on the desktop. Unless you really like the design of the iMac. I don't.

This site is pretty good for showing which parts are compatible (even though they are amazon referral links) https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/october/2017/

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Poopernickel posted:

do u need an imac because ur a ~*CrEaTiVe PrOfEsSiOnAl*~?

I hear the bits come out warmer and more dynamic when you render them with an imac, confirm/deny

MacOS is the nicest operation system to use. Some people value that.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

whatever happened to that egpu thing, maybe you could use that? i dont know anything about camera work

Probably not going to work with a 2013 macbook air.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

you could just chuck a graphics card in your hp machine and it'll probably be fine.

adobe stuff uses cuda to accelerate things right?

I seem to remember reading that GPU isn't always faster than CPU encoders. And getting Adobe or whatever to use the right thing isn't always easy. Because Adobe's poo poo is garbage.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

im all the components marketed gaming in a hackintosh setup

The cool thing is you can dual boot into windows if you wanna play call of duty. And then go back to the mac side when you want to do literally anything else.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i had a college roommate who installed and used gentoo and it really looked like a giant hassle. that's my story

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

remember when people though having your cell phone on would crash a passenger plane?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

my iPhone 8, apple's flagship phone, forgets to vibrate when I switch the vibrate button

the flagship is the X and it's not out yet, idiot

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

carry on then posted:

ahaha this is perfect

lmao. gently caress you gruber!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

So. Nothing notably different than my iPhone 6s. And I can get a new battery installed under some recall program. I should do that.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

AWWNAW posted:

put gruber on suicide watch

just let him lose his smug fat rear end mind

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

lotta people getting stymied itt

anime dog tits

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Linguica posted:

gee billy, how come your mom lets you have TWO batteries

nothing bad about bigger/more batteries

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I find that the most annoying gesture on the phone is the swipe up gesture, and now you have to use it for almost everything lol.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

looks like it's from trying to use wireless charging lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

poty posted:

here is a video of gruber trying to impress some high school girls with his iphone x

hahaha, what a dick

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

someone in the comments pointed out that he's trying to do youtube now because apple only gave early preview units to youtubers this year.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

emoji posted:

For me it doesn't even work for timers. Well it does but acts like it doesn't and will add a bunch of steps to replace it if you ask again. Every time.

lmao every single cellphone screenshot has the battery about to die

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

remember when phone batteries were replaceable?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Stymie posted:

now it's coming out that bluetooth support is entirely broken on ios 11, devices failing to pair properly and the added fun bug of the occasional phone call making the caller hear everything super slowed down

eh, it's not a big deal as long as you plug in your headphones to take a call

lol

bluetooth calling works for me on ios11 mr dog tits.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

apple to update phones next year

hope they get rid of the stupid notch

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

man, apple's quality control sucks. look how that camera bump moves from phone to phone

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Stymie posted:

"natural" scrolling: tragic mac fad

given your tastes in avatars I'm not surprised you aren't into the natural

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Both of these look fine.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nobody gives a poo poo about homepod, so I think they're okay

akadajet