Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
got a 50 inch tcl shitbox for like $350 or some poo poo and it kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

sup, smythe?

Greetings my friend

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
My mom's Vizio bugs out and crashes when switching inputs occasionally lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I never change inputs on my tcl tv anymore kuz I just use the Roku thing built in and occasionally my epic chome cast =D

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
might buy this piece of poo poo to run qlab now that i have one thousand 4k monitors of video to push for every other show, and also because half the designers in this business are too stupid to program in isadora which runs off my insanely murdered out windows/linux playout computer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Puppet Master posted:

qLab jobs is the only reason why I am still looking for a 2013-2015 MBP that is below 1000 euros.

(i should also really teach myself isadora)

problem with qlab is that it's really drat good for some reason lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Let me just make the easiest to use software in the world and also make it really powerful too. Also it doesn't run on Linux because gently caress you and your playout systems -the boys at figure 53

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I should man up and install Dante or something for grown ups

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Live theatre hardware/software is the definition of having to be "Rock solid, heart touching" so I got no idea why it's not like mandatory to be able to run on some LTS distro. Crazy to have to run it on a consumer OS.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

my oldjob had a process that would dump a sql query into a pipe delimited text file, then a powershell script would open Excel and call a VBA macro about 500 lines long that opened, sorted, and formatted it, and then emailed it off to whoever. it was a beautiful nightmare.

Hell yeah

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BobHoward posted:

imagine believing this

hes right.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i thnk u will find that non programmers make the most secure code there is, as they generate no code at all

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

r u ready to WALK posted:

noooo my beautiful new color classic :cry:

it looks like the postal workers played soccer with my package :rip:
trying to glue it back together and hope that the internal electronics didn't take too much of a beating

You ship garbage TO the dump, not get it shipped FROM the dump.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

have you even read the thread, everyone knows apple stopped making good computers so your only option now is to buy an old one

You had literal garbage shipped to your home lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

I tried playing DOOM II on the color classic

I think it got around three seconds per frame

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

go play outside Skyler posted:

yes but as far as i've looked into it (which is actually
we have been trying to use the pi as a kind of enhanced digital signage player for years and this could finally be the nail in the coffin for intel nucs and compute sticks

Same, OP.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I've used Chromecast in the past but I'm not clever enough to reliably automate it, and it gets a lot trickier if the content your displaying is dynamically generated or live composited. There are Enterprise Solutions which own but are $$$$. Even in my dumpy theatre I've crept up to 5 freaking "digital signage" tvs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Breakfast All Day posted:

half the "enterprise solutions" are just pieces of poo poo running an old windows and ie (11 if youre lucky) with a script thats just settimeout window.location. at least this is what cisco is/used to be

theyre also 2008 hardware that burns itself out in a few months sitting behind a hot display/wall

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i really wish there was some kinda program that let u just:

-> add chromecasts by IP
-> select files to send to the various chromecasts
-> set timers on when they start and stop playing
-> maybe something that lets u swap out the files like a library or something wihtout it breaking

sum1 smart could prob do this in 2 seconds with python or smth idk

i just have a person start them =(((((((((((((( failure

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Share Bear posted:

do they have to be in perfect sync? do you have relatively good network connectivity to them?

Sync no. Connectivity GOOD

quote:

it seems like doing a broadcast stream would be a better idea, but that requires even better network connectivity

in the era of UBIQUITY UNIFI every1 can have Rock Solid Wifi

quote:

those are the bigger problems i think, you can also learn how to do it smythe!!!

THANK YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MrMoo posted:

You can do a lot of that with VLC today. You could probably sperg with the command line interface to get it working on crontab.

for some reason the vlc rendered doesnt look good a lot of the time but the chrome tab sender looks beter idk but i will Look into this. THank you

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stymie posted:

smythe while you're here could you retitle the thread "apple: tim's grand stand"?

i can, anyone second the motion?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I didn't do it sum1 else did I had to work at work (lame)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

agreed, it's a thing of beauty

poo poo garbage

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

this vertical box offends me

Sewer trash.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
The apple phone got a piece of poo poo OS and sucks dog poo poo lol. Throw that junk in the garbage can and move on with your life.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Phones don't really need a case. Back in the day the poo poo stains in carrier stores pushed them so idiots came to think they're necessary, then it just got baked in lol. Thanks carrier stores. Those places always sucked poo poo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Need the gent at the carrier store to push the IMEI into the terminal for to buy the red jelly case and special carrier insurance for $999999

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
You know who's gonna be a great retailer? The company who's principal business is putting cables in holes or putting antennas on fake palm trees.

I bought a Droid 2 at the Verizon store one million years ago and was so stunned by what a sewer it was, and the used car dealership vibe, that I have never returned.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

apple's key retail innovation is if you want they'll just hand you a phone in a box and let you leave

compared to a carrier store this is insane

It's really incredible to think about just how much carrier stores sucked (suck still?) And that people (most?) Endure it (do they???)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lambert posted:

Why did you buy a case for your AC unit?

huh?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mystes posted:

What are you talking about? Even the backs are tempered glass now; they'll immediately shatter if you drop them.

You're welcome to buy a case and enjoy the neko girl graphics on it and the protection it offers, just as my friends alcoholic mother was welcome to enjoy the plastic on her couches, ensuring their eternal youth.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Blue supremacy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cherry mx is mainstream trash for idiots (me)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182942

https://i.imgur.com/yPG8UiT.mp4
maybe it's time to get an RGB keyboard for work

-_-

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i cant type for poo poo, OP. slow as gently caress with bad accuracy. i blame my terrible FAIL disease and crude, mixed blood.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

mixed with what? bourbon?

liquor, anime, video games, stim packs, and the remnants of my ancestors.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i didnt do it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i'd say on about the same level as being unable to do arithmetic in your head, yeah

i mean how big number we talkin here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if its a big number, thats tough. if its a relly small number, thats also tough. if u got some plusses and minus, well, tats workable ... add some multiplication, getting rough. division? frell off. dont even start with exponents, or sets, or whatever. if ur gonna do the, uh, tha equation you do instead of factoring, if you do that in your brain - wow, just wow. me? i got 10 fingers, 10 toes, two balls and one limp dick. thats about as high as i go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

multiplying two odd numbers with at least one being double digits

thats impossible