Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

felt like mush

turn on your 65” monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

you misspelled poop sock

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
apparently we should aim for less horny in computers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brrrmph posted:

make drug wars iOS please

I wanted crime committer to be like drug wars but an idle version of it

except I do lack msot of the skills to do either

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
funny story from today :

person from makeup counter sits down in break room
and I say “nice perfume” and she says “thanks, can you guess what it is” and I have no idea so I say “dior” and she says “dior what” and I say “dior magic” and she goes “dior magic? oh echi”

the morale of the story? magic isn’t real

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

go play outside Skyler posted:

if you get an apple pencil 2 just make sure you don't lose it for more than a month or so. because when you'll find it again its battery will be completely dead with no chance to ever recharge or replace it.

what a loving waste of 100$. thank god for strict customer protection laws in switzerland that mean a minimum of 2-year warranty. just lol at the idea of apple openly saying that if your 100$ apple pencil's battery dies after a year you should just buy another one.

my apple pencil 1 went thru the wash and it was fine

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

so now that adobe finally admits it steals all your poo poo for its algorithms, what are some alternatives you know of or actively use?

i recall pixelmator being used as a photoshop replacement

piracy solves many problems here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imgur

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
well I don’t ask my family

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
davinci is superior to premier

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I have not used Premiere for a dogs age, but I would suspect that DaVinci (which I have used several times) is not as immediately as accessible as an Adobe product - DV is a 'pro product' as opposed to the Adobe 'prosumer' angle and it shows with learnability; the amount of basic-rear end things I have to go back and look up every time I do even a simple edit with DV is ridiculous.

idk, when i first used DV I couldn’t believe this was meant to be a professional program, it felt too “fisher price” in some ways, changing between modes etc. I then discovered the complexity when I needed it but only when I needed it

and considering it’s truly free? at least for what most people use it for? the best business model, of train up youngsters fuckin around at home with no hurdles and then they know your software when they go pro

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is gimp named after the beloved character from pulp fiction

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
^this mf loves tiny sensors

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
crapple

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

my last place had a gas stove but current one has electric and im used to electric now. its mostly fine, they just dont heat up the pan as fast as gas. induction seems cool though.

induction is good but it freaks out when you lift the pan and also every one i’ve used has these touch controls that totally freak if they get water on them and often turn off the device. wish they’d hav more trad controls

and the temp controls seem very non linear

1-10 is warm to slightly warmer then 11-14 is furnace

and they work in an on-off way so at low temps they clearly go on… then off.. then on .. etc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

the paper cup design isn't real

I can’t believe you’d post this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

i use cast iron on a piece of poo poo glasstop electric stove every day and its fine.

this is the way

weirdly enough they designed stove tops with cooking in mind

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

cleaning glass cooktops is simultaneously easier and harder than the old coil electric stoves. usually it's pretty easy and at worse have to use a razor scraper to get it fully clean, but once in awhile you really burn something onto it and you're soaking the drat thing in glass cooktop cleaner for an hour

they make textured surface ones too for some dumb reason - avoid those

thankfully glass doesn’t get scratched by steel so you can just use a steelo or whatever stainless steel coiled up poo poo is called in the land of the free

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

its not great

turn on your cinema display has

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

stone washed iphone

acid wash

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao, is that a foreman grill?

ahahah

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have put my phone into airplane mode but with wifi on the battery has been good

fun fAx about iphone SE (sex edition) 2

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

it's because you're holding it wrong

don’t doxx my donor efforts

Beeftweeter posted:

apple is really bad now

shamesung users having the worlds biggest chortle rn

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve given up janitoring my phone and have just accepted that I have to skip two pages of apps I never use to get to one I do sometimes

haveblue posted:

people should really check out mambos no. 1-4, there are some hidden gems in there

most people don’t know this but there is a mambo no: 219

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Elder Postsman posted:

i've just been rolling over backups since my iphone4 and i'm sure there's apps still on here that i haven't used since i had that iphone4

it’s bullshit imo

I hate janitoring poo poo now so now I have pages of apps I never use between a few apps I do

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

remember when there was a thing in itunes where you could janitor your apps and homescreen on a computer with a mouse, that was good cos you could mass delete poo poo really easily. is that still a thing somehow

whenever I plug my iphone into my mac to charge it, first off it asks me to unlock my phone to charge it - which is extreme bullshit because it’s my mac - AND the mac tells me I need to install software on the mac to do something with the iphone on the mac.

I will never do this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i havent paid attention previously, but I will

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
please blame apple they’re a fuckin boomer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can websites just go “oh you’re europe? sorry you can’t visit this site” as a very lazy way to get out of it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
some parts of it are good and imo it’s such a beautiful game but yeah i wouldn’t persist with it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the first game I’ve experienced where clouds cast shadows on distance landscape and it comes and goes

it actually makes england seem like a desirable place to visit lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
rear end creed origins was one of the best games i’ve ever played

i don’t care if it’s a different kind of game to rear end creed of yore, I liked the gently caress out of it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

i just synced an album to my phone and itunes somehow managed to corrupt the entire music.ipa library so that only the one new album was available in music. all the other albums were still on the phone, there was just no way to play them

congrats on failing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

new av sick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
l to the fucken mao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

i love that "battery pull" was just a thing you were expected to have to do periodically because the underlying blackberry os was so astoundingly lovely that it would start to gently caress up increasingly after a few days of use.

just a big ol pile of increasingly lovely jank stapled onto an email pager from the early 2000s

turn on your monitor lol