Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
use greenpos this time so that people actually register

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i'm an alexa haver because it suits my needs for being able to shout thoughts and have them end up on a shopping list or to-do list because i will forget them otherwise. if i was a six-figger i'd probably just pay for a personal assistant

i also like being able to turn on the kitchen lights with arms full of groceries. fight me

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
on second thought please dont fight me

pens are mightier than swords but i always lose them, or paper, or i lose the papers if i actually had something ready when i needed it

please don't shame my little hell

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

what the gently caress is this for

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
code:

git cancer --force

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drwiii posted:

i can't spend much local currency on video games, so i want to play the apple computers arcade.
note, this is my home country's currency of the united states dollar, however, i have been told that apple is the computer brand of the mister international.
it also lets me train for my day job of using apple unicode in high score lists.

david letterman, eat your &EMOJI; out. pay me at least $9.95 and and i will tell you which emoji. i have covered the entry cost of the nickelodeon as agreed upon by your representative DeForest.

really thought this was a jeffrey post

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

there's also a fork called madsonic that has a "pandora"/"play more like this song" mode based on artist/genre

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lambert posted:

Using just an Ipad is some kind of weird executive status symbol where you signal you're so high up you don't have to do any real work, so an Ipad will suffice.

checks out with my last (useless) boss

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
is subscription cuckolding a thing now

paying for your ex wife to watch movies with her new boyfriend

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
so the beep stuff / now title is a reference to something?

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thanks. also wut

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

tell me that’s not the colours of dying grass

looks like piss op

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tech kills

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
so i’m planning to get the se2 and the internet anticipates it in the next day or so. this will be my first time buying an apple product without grabbing it off the shelf in-store, anything I should know? buy direct off apple.com/does it even appear anywhere else right away? does it matter how long it takes me to order after the announcement (aka do I need to also order another f5 key)? anything I should know about shipping?

tia

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lambert posted:

Jesus Chroist, imagine being this deep in the Apple cult.

Just order your lovely tinyphone online like a normal person, and if you get it two weeks later the world won't end.

hi thanks

this sort of concern may be on a level below your galaxy brain but perhaps my battery life has been absolutely making GBS threads the bed and i would like to stop needing to charge my phone multiple times a day

namaste

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SRQ posted:

Multitasking godmode is shitposting on discord while still contributing to a discussion, but I think I gave myself ADD doing this.

is there any other way to participate in any discussion?

diagnosed adhd and the idea of trying to do just one thing at once is still almost unfathomable

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
on that note why is my bluetooth ringing volume always 666% no matter what the phone is set to

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“maybe we’re not really cut out for our core business” - intel ceo, i guess

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

power botton posted:

of course the delivery app I use is moving to a subscription but they're giving me all the subscription benefits until feb 21 as a gesture of appreciation for already paying for their loving app.

reading into it, looks like core features are still permanent but some cloud poo poo will eventually cost money

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Plorkyeran posted:

the fake button works even better than a real button

unironically this. adore the feel of my fake home button

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

who the gently caress is tori

no idea what your serious level is but if not i still have no idea if that’s a reference to an old nick or what

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

my stepdads beer posted:

I miss the spinny thing to select times :( apple why

oh you liked thing? *points at thread title*

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tk posted:

server.js.1
server.js.2
server.js.3
server.js.20201213
server.js.20201213.2
server.js.20201213.thisoneworks

melanie_server.js
server.new.js
server.js
server_stephen.js
stephen_server.js
server.prod.js
server.prod_test.js

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

How many of you say 'my iPhone' or 'the iPhone' instead of just 'iPhone' though?

iPhones mine

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

i have some clear thing that adds a magsafe magnet area to my 11 pro, which is neato

got a link?

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
test driving ipados 15 and lmao safari tab management

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The_Franz posted:

customer service people who go overboard with the "IT WAS MY PLEASURE, WE ARE SO VERY HAPPY TO HAVE YOU AS A CUSTOMER, MAY YOU HAVE A TRULY WONDERFUL DAY" make my skin crawl, like i'm talking to someone that had a gun put to their head and told they have to either be nice or dead, so they really lay it on thick

i want to fight the psychopaths who were in whatever focus group came up with the idea that I want them to address me by name multiple times during the call

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
newphone mini get

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PIZZA.BAT posted:

really i'd say it depends on how much you use it to consume media vs. using it just for communication. if you do both then i'd say go with the normal or pro. if you mostly use it for texting / calling / nav then go with the mini

this was my exact thought process and I am extremely pleased with my mini

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kenny Logins posted:

even if the "productivity and finance" category generally would, like it used to. that would help. oh well

Do you have Settings \ Home Screen \ Notification Badges: Show in App Library enabled?

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
official silicone case status: first rip appeared yesterday, just 7 days of use. took it back to the apple store and ended up getting a leather instead

knockoff silicones from amazon have lasted me months+ with no damage whatsoever

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

wait can I go to the apple store and demand they replace my silicone case and they’ll do it?

i just said “hey I need your help, this one is only 7 days old and starting to rip so i need to return it” and they were super happy to do so.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah i was threatening to get the 7 if it had new sensors but its just a facelift, gonna keep wailing on this 6 for another year. give us the bp numbers timb

:same:

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
that guy would fit in really well at disney, including the dead parent

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
jonny too blindy

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chaosbreather posted:

other things you can do in the dark instead of computer:
- jack it
- fold your shirts
- meditate
- podcast‽
- hail satan

songs knew

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PIZZA.BAT posted:

hasn't this been the case for like... a decade?

i had an intern do this by mistake this year. i only saw him for a split second, enough time to see his shocked face as i guess he was turning off the webcam. it was just me and another intern on the call though and neither of us mentioned it. he's gonna live the rest of his life not knowing hahahahaha

forgetness is the best gift we can give each other :hai:

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

i cant believe yospos has turned into this lol

jonny post 95 theses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer