Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Perplx posted:

well you see apple would make more money if they catered to nerds that make up 1% of the population instead of the 90% of normal people that pick a phone by its colour

excuse me but their stock dropped :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i was going to return this m1 mbp because it's too small for me, but then the display on my 15" mid 2014 mbp died, and now i'm sad.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

hey hunny, i closed the glue deal and got a bonus. order the surf and turf!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

my work 16 inch mbp that's been mostly plugged in at my desk since i got it mailed to me may of last year is recommending service on the battery. it's also only got 25 cycles lol.

edit: also full charge capacity is down to 7795 mAh

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 9, 2021

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

IUG posted:

can i put one of those tags on my cats, so i can find one of them when they go hiding in the house?

I'm planning on doing this. wonder how they will handle water and food.

purple phone calls to me but I'm not refreshing a 12 pro max. so hoping it sticks around for 2 years(s cycle for life).

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

late to text editor chat but does anyone use nova by panic? i'm an ios dork so i mostly stay in my lane in xcode, but i know panic makes some good rear end software

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

qirex posted:

not indexable by search engines

this sounds good

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Gentle Autist posted:

holy poo poo they are still a thing, and still cheap

https://www.apple.com/nz/ipod-touch/

my dentist has chairs that use them for like setting the rpm on the drills and maybe some other functions.

does anyone know if I have apple one and my wife is in my family sharing will she be able to use apple fitness plus on her iPad that is under her account? she has an old series 2 watch so I'm debating getting her a watch that will work with apple fitness but only if the family share will actually work. right now we can't download the apple fitness app onto her iPad because her account needs to be paired with a capable Apple Watch.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I use safari cause I’m a lazy piece of poo poo.

lots of sites are broken on safari

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

don't understand why they're going to continue to sign ios 14 after ios 15 drops especially with swift abi stability meaning what it does.

this seems like a dumb fragmentation for no gain. ios has fantastic adoption rates why would you introduce a reason for that to no longer be true?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Casual Encountess posted:

lol another classic example of yosposters not understanding the target. nerds could already listen to rush in 9.1 audio if they wanted. they picked a bunch of bops and bangers because they want college kids buying the good airpods.

having this as an accessible standard already beats all the dumbass audiophile formats whose main problem was being niche. apple music is by definition not niche on first blush and is designed to be accessible so people being able to just put their headphones on the same way they did yesterday and all of a sudden everything sounds ~*better*~ audiophile formats fail because you have to put in work to get there. this is largely plug and play so i think this plays out waaaay better.

i get and im pretty satisfied by it. im interested in a year when large swathes of the catalog have it

i honestly don't hear the difference on newer songs. the marvin gaye mono to stereo to spatial audio sounds great, but the weeknd stereo to spatial track sounds the same. maybe i'm old and my ears are broken.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

podcasts are bad imo.

which is why i'm interviewing for the podcast app team. to destroy them from the inside.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

:getin:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

PCjr sidecar posted:

so uh if you use sign in with apple to create an account is there a way to get the password to log in to that service on a non apple auth device?

lmao holy poo poo I assumed it was in passwords or keychain and nah you’re just hosed bud

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

incredible

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

metal is ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyb2NtPwcxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MOvCkCqz_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgAxpEpEcno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS9gWmp6e_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2z4Uf9Tgc

and like every time I die

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

I carry a purse

i use this

and it has significantly made life better when i go out.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

sweet gonna buy one for the wife to replace the series 2 she has and she'll finally be able to use apple fitness.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I still get real mad you can't have 2 accounts on an iPad

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

does anyone know why "ts" in the safari address bar, when "preload top hit in background" is turned on, will delete itself?

this is the oddest behavior I've ever seen and I can't find any other character combinations that will do it.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the carriers used to subsidize your new phone and now we give them an old phone that they have probably figured out how to make a profit from. What the gently caress.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I ordered the 16inch with 64gb. loving a.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

my m1 mbp crashed in a kernel panic for the first time when I just opened it from sleep.

already ordered a new one, tim, you can take me off the list.

champagne posting posted:

ordered a 32gig 16 in her and now I can’t stop second guessing myself if it’s too much

yeah I'm starting to second guess myself too. m1 mbp is still very very good for iOS dev. if swiftui previews aren't noticeably faster I think I will return the thing.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

does anyone have a shortcut for image uploading and copying the url to the clipboard? mine seems to have broken on the copying to the clipboard part.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

if that’s for sa app you can just paste copied image files via img->arrow->paste

dang I should use the app more often. I kind of forget it exists on my phone especially with the swipe tabs in safari.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

is there a way to force the apple watch to do a cardio fitness reading? i do a bunch of cardio workouts and it never updates during those.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

the vo2 measurement? it only does it during a 20+ minute outdoor run, walk, or hike

so go take a hike

ohhhhhhh gotcha. that's lame. jump rope and riding the peloton are my cardio.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

poty posted:

check out this thread from may. it nails the specs of the m1 pro and the m1 max (m1 max = jade c-die, m1 pro = jade c-chop). if the rest of the leak is also accurate the more powerful desktop chips will be 2x and 4x the m1 max

https://twitter.com/siracusa/status/1395706999506149384

i got this from this guys video i hadnt seen that tweet or listen to atp

drat already lusting for a mac mini with a jade 4c

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

first impressions. new keyboard is nice. screen seems nice and good lord do i love having high res available. installing xcode from the app store still loving blows. i really should set up a script to do all my setup stuff.

don't notice the notch because i have adhd.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

16 m1 max dies disappointingly fast with xcode, simulator, and safari with 10 tabs open.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

carry on then posted:

how quick is disappointing because im pretty sure that combination kills my intel 15" in an hour flat anymore

it lost 10% of battery life in 20 minutes.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

post hole digger posted:

i am also looking for a kvm that isnt a peace of poo poo

same boat. also something that lets the macbook actually output 120hz

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

now that it'll be reasonably possible to run ethernet through the ceiling/wall we might do that.

do this it’s the loving best

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I’m so loving lazy about setting up a nas I’ve started being physical media again.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Shaggar posted:

yes in the conversation about ios im talking about the lovely, unusable ios keyboard. the joke being that people are complaining about esoteric features, while just totally consigned to the fact that the most basic poo poo in ios does not work.

im not dumb enough to have purchased anything with a physical apple keyboard which i gather they have just in the last year or so decided to make functional

i'm bored today. what are your complaints?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

everytime folks post about how apple’s apps suck I get real sad cause I wasn’t smart enough to get hired there and make a lovely apps you all hate too.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

not a euro. they get worse than schiphol?!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i'm waiting on that samsung 32" 4k 240hz monitor. i really hope it's good and i never have to buy another monitor again.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

the day after you buy it they'll announce a 33" 5k 241hz monitor, hope this helps

sure but i don't need that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

am i in some terrible ab test? the airplay button is gone from youtube.