Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

southwest and the quicksilver card are good, having to read nbsd posts is not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

ugh those triple cameras look so bad

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Jimmy Carter posted:

my org's policy is 'don't bother turning your camera on, you're just going to be stressed out about making everything look good and it doesn't matter. Also someone's kid might be gaming and keeping them distracted is the only way you're going to be able to work'

My org is the opposite. CXO wants to see all our faces :nsa:

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I use Spotify instead of paying for garbage like a rube

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

im going to replace my iphone 6 with a Steve Edition2, and like it

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

well their take on maps worked out great, so I'm really excited for the next big thing out of cupertino

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

dance market segment puppets, dance!

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

when I switched to a non apple mouse, I had to install a third party app for my m4 and m5 buttons to do anything. it just wonks!

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I have to use a third party app to have functional side buttons on a non-poo poo mouse

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

thanks Siri

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I hung out with a woman who was a bit younger than me and she actually made fun of me for being a green-bubbled bitch with a fail-rear end google phone

lol

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

haveblue posted:

…so if someone whose day job is working at a game developer puts something on roblox, roblox gets yanked off the App Store?

every game in Roblox is still a game within Roblox. it’s the engine everything runs on and the accompanying toolset that all the games are made in. I’m willing to give them that distinction

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

Ohhhhh that's the trick. yeah i was manually browsing. perhaps i should set up the -rr bot programs then.

I haven’t used it for a while, but I was really impressed with sonarr

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

rjmccall posted:

-o-scope as a suffix gives it a nice schlocky sci-fi feel which i assume doesn’t translate perfectly to latvian

like if there’s a kid’s show where the friendly neighborhood egghead makes a crazy machine with a mysterious boiling beaker and a comically large and colorful gauge in order to try to find someone’s pet chicken, that machine might as well be mandated by law to be called a cluck-o-scope

I don’t know which early 20th century comedic writer came up with that convention, but g*d bless them for doing so. it’s timeless

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Pretending to subvert capitalism is praxis

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

chaosbreather posted:

if you did work at apple, which no-one believes because you talk about it constantly

I love this impeccable reasoning

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

mod saas posted:

i spent more than a decade at a household-name company that lots of current/former employees namedrop and its absolutely cringe as gently caress when they do

apple gives me the same vibes, the dichotomy of people who need to make sure everyone knows they were the real-life Nintendo uncle and its their god-given right to have a soapbox vs everyone else who alludes to it only when extremely relevant and they have something meaningful to say and otherwise keeps their head down

vague jpeg poster probably did a summer at apple retail or some poo poo

that makes sense, and I find that poo poo annoying in real life, it just seems a bit different online.

I guess if someone wants to post on yospos about their glory days at $CORP, that may or may not have happened, it’s fine for them to have their moment

also sometimes we get cool poo poo like when the plausible former Tesla engineer started revealing what a poo poo show that place was, until someone tweeted it out and put a mark on their head

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Smythe posted:

which mark. the skull and xbones, the heart, the sleep, uh, the x, the circle, lots of marks really. don't pull!!

Whichever one presumably summons an army of lawyers with insatiable billing hours.

Rip Tesla engineer, your tales of hacky python scripts and untested ota updates will be missed

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

echinopsis posted:

love your posts

same

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

lol

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Last Chance posted:

works on bees and flowers too

and dogs when they bark that shoot bees with flowers out of their mouths?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

why not just use rxswift/combine and mvvm with uikit?

god, it’s so obvious

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

i may be misremembering, but before that the head of siri had been in charge for like seven years and his best defense for why siri sucked was that the thing they purchased almost a decade before wasn’t very good. no explanation for what happened between that time and the present under his tenure

he made more in those couple of years than i will in a lifetime, so he must be doing something right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

he doesn’t miss