Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I enjoy the new MBP and its butttouchbar

whats it like being wrong all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

there is no apple pay in the netherlands probably because ever single bank issues a contactles card when you open an account

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Peter Unterman here

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

unfortunately I need to buy a 2nd hand Macbook Pro because there is a piece of software that is only developed for Mac and is essential to what I do (Qlab). in your opinion how much should I pay for a mbp circa 2012/13?

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

okay so i have been doing some searching for used 13'' (2011-13) mbp in the netherlands. i have found some, but they are always missing an SSD or only have 4gb of ram.

the one linked below is a late 2013 model with a 128 sdd but only 4gb, how much of a pain/cost is it to upgrade to 8gb? the price is only € 561,16 to me because I am writing off the taxes. is this a good deal to get?

https://www.iused.nl/8452-tweedehands-refurbished-macbook-pro-retina-133-inch.html?utm_source=marktplaats&utm_medium=cpc

(apologies for the dutch)

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Linguica posted:

The RAM is soldered onto the motherboard, so quite a bit, I would think.

ah well, apple.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

if you don’t see Apple watches fairly often it’s because you associate with the poor. my office job and the surrounding major urban area has a bunch of apple watches.

this just makes it easier to know who to guillotine

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

yeah battery swaps are real cheap right now get that battery swapped

for how many days will i be without my precious se if I go in for a battery swap?

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

good news about eu laws in uk

lmao

I pay 14 euros p/m for 10gb with 100 min talk and it is a business expense :c00lbert:
however the 4g doesn't work outside of NL so, eh

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

I pay £15 per month for unlimited everything everywhere I also use chip and pin unlike America which still literally needs signatures haha

yes but the nhs will be sold off at first chance to American Healthcare companies so

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

ted hitler posted:

Apple today launched a new online store in the U.S. that's designed to provide a 10 percent discount on select products for both activity military and veterans, along with members of their households.

finally my excuse to steal (military husband) Valor

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Doc Block posted:

i mean, it’s not apple’s fault euros chose weird plug shapes

after March that won't be European anymore

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

my iPhone auto offloaded WhatsApp , which I use throughout the day, to save space :raise:

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Apple in a bold and brave move allows their sensitive customer base to experience slightly brighter lights.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Smythe posted:

might buy this piece of poo poo to run qlab now that i have one thousand 4k monitors of video to push for every other show, and also because half the designers in this business are too stupid to program in isadora which runs off my insanely murdered out windows/linux playout computer

qLab jobs is the only reason why I am still looking for a 2013-2015 MBP that is below 1000 euros.

(i should also really teach myself isadora)

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Smythe posted:

problem with qlab is that it's really drat good for some reason lol

it really is :(

i should just suck it up (and make more money) and buy a show machine. I wonder if I could get by on a 2012 MBP (but those still sell for 500-700 lol) but god drat i want that full sized HDMI

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

I was just given a 15'' MBP Retina from mid 2012 and I can say it is quite nice to have. The only issue is that the battery dies within an hour and to replace it yourself is a nightmare. Having someone else do it looks like it might run me between 160 - 250 euros.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

can they still get the new macoses?

yep

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

ahahahaha

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

my se1 is starting to finally fall apart after 3+ years of services

i have about 500e that i need to spend this month (brewester millions rules) is it worth getting that se2? i really don't love the idea of having to use the lighting jack adapter, but times change okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

There's no problem with open headphones if you're using them at home, but they're no good in noisy environmemts like the bus, and even at moderate volumes everyone around you gets to listen to your music

but i need open headphones to truly feel like i am in the room during each and every episode of cum town while i commute