Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
people whose password is "session"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

actually, the new iphone will be iphone y

iphoney, iphoney, leave me aloney

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Shaggar posted:

its the trashpro but comes with a lid

they needed to cover the fan for safety

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

infernal machines posted:

no kidding.

funny that, seems like it might be difficult to sue them over a metric they never advertised

can you sue car manufacturers when your 2 year old car no longer outputs its rated horsepower?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
there's nothing a user couldn't do with a 'home assistant' that they couldn't just do with siri/google assistant on their phone

amazon doesn't have a phone platform, so they've gotta hype up their echos as a better alternative
google will sell any device that tracks any sort of user data, so sure why not create home assistants
apple i guess needed to do something so you get whatever homepod is (a siri enabled sonos speaker?)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i'm pretty sure 3d is just force touch + vibration feedback (so phones only), and force touch is just pressure sensitive input

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
the way it works in america is that you say you have something that will increase student performance

if that thing is "pay teachers more" you do not receive money
if that thing is anything else, you get paid

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

infernal machines posted:

luv 2 radiate rf through the bottom of my chassis

:same:

rf is righteous farts right?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

face id is good if you do any kind of physical exercise at all and sweat even a little bit so i can see why goons would prefer touchid

yes those notoriously sweat-free individuals, the something awful forums goons

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

same, except windows

not really, because people who are stuck using windows are well aware how bad and user hostile it is

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Last Chance posted:

we would just recharge aas at my old lab for years

ah yes, clickcoin mining

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

So I removed Chrome from my iPhone and I’m trying this “Safari” thing the kids are all talking about these days down at the five-and-dime.

do you use the gmail app? if so, get ready for it to ask you to install chrome every time you click a link in an email!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

roboshit posted:

these things are the dumbest ugliest loving things I’ve ever seen and I want to slap the poo poo out of everyone that I see using them

go ahead and slap me, at least i wont drop my phone :smugdog:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
my apple music story is i tried it on my iphone 7 and it would stop playing audio when i left wifi range but the song timer would continue going and the only solution was to force quit the app

also, it would randomly lose the options to queue a song (play next/play later would disappear from the menu), which was also "solved" by force quitting the app

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
voice interface is dumb as poo poo and the only thing dumber than voice interface on a phone is voice interface on a device with no visual feedback

years of ux design principles thrown out for "say something, and then wait 5 seconds for a robot voice to repeat what you said, but incorrectly"

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Soricidus posted:

and so computers ended where they began, with basic command line based terminals relying on remote mainframes to do all the work

what if we took the ux experience of the command line and added the ux experience of aggressively bad autocompletion and removed the screen?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

yeah, this. you barely need a home button right now. i think the only thing you can't do with a gesture is stop app icons from wiggling to move/delete.

even though the swipe line indicator thingy isn't there, you can still swipe as if it was to stop the icon wiggling

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

actually it's stebophilia

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
my main gripe with apple music wasn't the terrible interface or the fact that it would randomly stop playing audio until i force restart the app

it was that when i tried to set up the "For You" suggestions there was no way to get it to recommend the lovely punk and emo music i enjoy

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

PCjr sidecar posted:

iirc voice bitrates and codecs on bt suck rear end

if there’s some good format now it probably is a pain in the rear end to get working

bt can either play good quality audio or phone headset quality audio + voice input

if it's in microphone input mode, you get the voice compressed audio

any good wireless (i.e. gaming) headset needs its own dongle. i'm not sure if airpods (and other w-chip headsets) bypass this restriction or just make the switching seamless

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

yesterday i pulled up control center and the icon for rotation lock was just a white roundrect, no icon or any way to tell what the current status was

when they said ios 12 was focused on bugs did that mean adding them instead of removing them?

drat that's hosed up, it's supposed to be a squircle

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
if apple made cheese it would be not good and overpriced

if google made cheese it would be a chat app instead

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

yes duh apple thinks they can make more money by not plundering your data and keeping anyone else from plundering it

lol at anyone who has a relationship with a corporation that is anything other than transactional cause guess what

apple doesn't like you back

i don't think anyone is saying apple is not plundering data out of the goodness of their heart though

your logic is: well they're not robbing me only because they don't think it's profitable so i may as well just go with the company that is robbing me

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

what no I use Apple product

yeah i misread your post

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
nasa no longer goes to the moon. so i think it's safe to assume that it's now made of cheese, even if it wasn't before

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

did my joke about nba players being tall really whooshed this hard

it was over our heads

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Kobayashi posted:

I've never even seen a Qi charger, what was Air Power supposed to do that a Qi charger can't do?

charge more than 1 thing at a time

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
james mickens is the physical avatar of yospos

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
also the heat isn't good for your balls (the place where pee is stored)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
more like macular degeneration book

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
finally a watch i can use to listen to elton john
- everyone in nyc apparently

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

carry on then posted:

you're all rich bodybuilders with your own gym in your mansion

a dece 6.5 figgies and a dece 6.5 plates, the yospos lyfe

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
your offspring is a POS

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

lolling remembering that thousands of nerds were convinced that iphones were garbage for non technical women and children because of edgy sega genesis marketing

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
what i'm saying is iphones are garbage for everyone

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

apple does what nintendid

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
went from a 6s to a 12 mini, it's smaller than the 6s (and therefore smaller than the SE2) and the square sides feel way nicer, less like a slippery bar of soap and more like an easy to grip bar of soap

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

The Management posted:

yes but the burn will be shaped like an Apple logo

now that's what i call branding

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
the real chad move is to communicate solely in grunts and hand gestures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005