Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

never met a serious art/design person with anything else yet, but, either way, going "timb had to put a battery in there to enable the ~pressure sensitivity~" is bullshit

i again maintain the ipads pro are great though, but let's not defend random aspects in random ways

wacom owns a billion patents around that and will sue the gently caress out of you if you get anywhere near a non-battery operated pressure sensitive stylus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
more like jony good byes amirite

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Achmed Jones posted:

so this fitbit is making me not hate having a screen on my wrist. it's making me a lot more likely to buy a normal apple watch instead of holding out for a screenless fitness tracker

lmao

having made a screen less fitness tracker: they do not sell at all and it’s a very bad idea

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Agile Vector posted:

not sure if it's the one you worked on, but rip misfit shine and stylish minimalism

weirdly it had an on-screen prop appearance as a gps in true detective season 2

nah I worked in the Amazon halo. it’s biggest issue was it shipped in 2021 with the features of a 2010 fitbit and then some subscription based app features no one but Bezos wanted

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the apple watch’s biometric accuracy is insane. there really isn’t a reason to get any other fitness tracker on the market

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
every major tech firm is getting into health tech. it turns out “keeping boomers living” is second only to “blowing up brown kids” in terms of things the government will spend money on. it’s an incredibly large market currently fulfilled by absolutely trash companies

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

rotor posted:

wife has one and it is Too Big

she’s just trying to make you feel better buddy.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I’m a big fan of the big phone but also have giant hands

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
anything that makes you consider android is suspect at best. do not give into the temptation of green bubbles. just like greenpos they are weak and shameful

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
get the amazon halo and use the feature where an ai tells you if you’re happy

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Cold on a Cob posted:

i know it's like antifashion and dorky as gently caress but sometimes i miss phone holsters like blackberry had

is this not a thing among the Canadian version of boomers?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

FCKGW posted:

why is this shaped like a diaper?

so I can hear the steely dan pumping out of those sick speakers while I do yard work buddy

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
that would require devs to carry about accessibility Lmao

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
accessibility is how I get out of doing bad ui designs constantly. oh you want the menu to appear on hover? yeah we are going to need an a11y design review. plan at least an additional two months of revisions on this.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Jonny 290 posted:

in my hometown MTV was not available on the cable system because the churches banded together and threatened a mass boycott unless they banned the Satan Hedonism Music Channel so all i had growing up was VH1

this is absolutely not a joke

mtv didn’t have pop up video so clearly this worked out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

No Mods No Masters posted:

Suddenly, inevitably, the age of jony has ended. If you happen to be in the apple donut you might chance to hear a quiet whisper of hope, just one word, long verboten, once again speakable. That's right:

Skeuomorphs

the main thing you’ll here in the spaceship is people bumping into glass walls or getting lost among the non labeled halls