Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
That's gotta be?
This poll is closed.
THAT'S GOTTA BE! 56 22.95%
Through Hellfire and Brimstone! 54 22.13%
The Devil's Favorite Demon! 51 20.90%
KANE! 83 34.02%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results
  • Kurt Angle opened the show to talk up the main event of this Sunday's PPV, with The Shield to face Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus and Braun Strowman in a 4-on-3 handicap match. The Shield arrived walking through the crowd to their old music, and surrounded the ring in a callback to how they used to prep for attacks on their victims.

• Miz, Strowman, Cesaro and Sheamus showed up looking to fight, but Angle cut them off and reminded them the PPV wasn't till Sunday. But tonight's main event will be Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman in a steel cage.

• Elias was joined in the ring by two good brothers - Gallows and Anderson. The Club did their warm-up exercises, with Karl singing Honky Tonk Man's song.

• Apollo, Titus and Jason Jordan defeated Elias and The Club in a six man tag, with Apollo getting the pin on Karl Anderson.

• A video package for Asuka played to hype up her first main roster appearance at TLC. Backstage, Emma complained to Renee that she was sick of hearing about Asuka. Emma claimed she started the Women's Revolution and she was a social media superstar, why weren't people talking about her? Alexa Bliss showed up to offer an alliance with Emma to take on Mickie and "some partner", to get revenge on Alexa for bodyshaming her last week when she called her a biscuit butt. Renee appeared very exasparated.

• Cedric Alexander defeated Jack Gallagher in a singles match. Rich Swann and THE Brian Kendrick were at ringside and Swann frequently prevented Kendrick from getting involved, to the point that after Cedric won, the announcer declared the winners were Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann.

• Miz TV with Braun and the Bar was all about talking up their chances at TLC, and shattering the Shield. Miz attempted to add a 5th member (presumably Curtis Axel) to the handicap match, but Kurt Angle came out and cut him off. Miz tried the same argument as the previous week, but Kurt made a ruling. If Braun defeats Roman in the steel cage tonight they will get a 5th member for the handicap match. If Roman wins, Braun is removed and it becomes a 6-man tag. All other competitors were banned from ringside for the cage match tonight.

• Sasha Banks submitted Alicia Fox, who is still furious about not having a t-shirt even though she does have one (a terrible one). Alicia just stood in the ring screaming,"REMAAAAATCH!" afterwards.

• Sasha was doing an interview backstage when Alicia jumped her from behind. Sasha initially fought her off but Alicia managed to take her down, then shoved over a referee onto her while screaming that she is not a problem.

• Enzo Amore came out to complain about getting screwed out of the Cruiserweight Title by Kurt Angle. Kalisto showed up to tell him to stop bitching, but Enzo used it as a distraction to get Daivari, Noam Dar, Drew Gulak and Tony Neese to jump Kalisto. Mustafa Ali ran down to help Kalisto, taking out everybody but then getting jumped from behind by Enzo and taking a beating from the rest.

• Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose successfully defended their Tag Team titles in a fun if short match against The Bar. The crowd was into everything going on and the four have excellent chemistry.

• Curtis Axel gave The Bar a pep talk in the locker-room, and reminded them that if Braun wins the steel cage match then he'll be made the 5th member in his home state at TLC. Braun showed up and Axel told him he was so fired up that he wanted to fight Roman himself right now. Braun grunted to go do it, and the Bar egged him on despite being in a suit. Axel screwed up his courage and went looking for Roman.

• Finn did an in-ring promo about Bray's bizarre Sister Abigail bit from last week. The camera cut in real close and they intercut pre-filmed segments of Finn in full Demon get-up telling Bray that his demon dreams of nightmares, and it can't wait to meet Sister Abigail. Not as ludicrous as last week but still pretty bad.

• Mickie James and Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss and Emma in a tag match. Mickie pinned pinned Alexa Bliss after the Mick Kick, with Alexa distracted by Bayley outside the ring.

• Curtis spotted The Shield backstage, worked up his courage and went to pick a fight instead of waiting for Roman to be alone.

• Backstage, Miz discovered that Braun and The Bar had sent Axel to fight Roman Reigns. Miz took this all in quietly, then left.

• Bayley congratulated Mickie backstage and left her to do an interview. Mickie said Alexa's comments had hurt but she had changed over the years and the most important thing to her was her young son. But she wanted to bring home the title to him too, and she was going to beat Alexa at TLC to do it.

• Miz was looking for Curtis backstage and found him hanging upside down, shirt torn off and a tiny little cut in his pants. The Shield may or may not have given him a pink belly.

• After the break, Renee interviewed Miz about Axel, and Miz insisted that Axel was never the 5th Man.

• Roman is now wearing dog-tags when he comes to the ring. The Miz joined the commentary table, noting that he is NOT at ringside.

• The Bar rushed to ringside in complete violation of Kurt Angle's ban to prevent Roman escaping the cage. Seth and Dean came down, also in violation, and ran them off. Braun superplexed Roman from the top rope to the mat shortly after. The Bar and the Shield fought up the ramp and into backstage. As they fought past a loading bay door, the Miz lowered the door after them and locked them out.

• Braun defeated Roman Reigns in a steel cage match, after Kane's lights and music hit and Kane emerged from the ring and chokeslammed Roman twice, as well as hitting a Tombstone.

• The Miz got on the mic to introduce the 5th Member of the now 5-on-1 handicap match against The Shield at TLC - Kane.

Smackdown Results
  • Daniel Bryan came out to an extremely vocal and excited crowd, much to his delight. He gave a rundown of what is come tonight, but ended on a down note when he spoke about Sami Zayn, whose actions at Hell in a Cell had disappointed him.

• Sami came out and in a happy but wonderfully mean-spirited interview explained that he was still a good guy but the crowd didn't live up to their end of the bargain by cheering for him so much that management had no choice but to push him, just like happened with Bryan. He put over Bryan before mocking him for being reduced to a "housewife".

• Kevin Owens came down and he and Sami both taunted Bryan and called him a sell-out. Sami thanks Kevin for opening his eyes and saving him from the same fate, and the two hugged. Bryan left and they taunted him again for going, so Bryan informed them he was actually leaving to find a couple dudes to punch them in the face.

• Carmella was on guest commentary for a six-woman tag between Charlotte, Naomi and Becky vs Natie, Lana and Tamina. Charlotte submitted Lana after everybody took everybody else out and Lana almost scored a roll-up pin on Charlotte. Afterwards Nattie hauled Charlotte out of the ring and tried to attack her with a chair, but got kicked in the face by Charlotte and chased away.

• Backstage, Daniel Bryan approached a beaming Owens and Sami who assumed he hadn't found one person willing to fight them. Bryan happily explained that EVERYBODY wanted to punch them in the face, but he'd decided to provide Sami with the opportunity he'd always wanted. So it would be Sami and Owens vs Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura.

• Flash Fiction, the latest addition of the Fashion Files, with an enormous amount of shoehorned references to Pulp Fiction. The most important takeaway is that Tyler Breeze dressed as Uma Thurman; they got in a heroin overdose joke; and they STILL won't be friends with the AScension :mad:

• Baron Corbin was scheduled for a match against Sin Cara. He asked the crowd if they wanted to see a US Title Open Challenge, and when they cheered he told them too bad, the Open Challenge is now closed for good. Sin Cara proceeded to beat him quickly with a count-out finish.

• The Usos were being interviewed backstage but were interrupted by Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin, the former doing a terrible rap. They offered the Usos a handshake, then pulled away at the last second.

• The Bludgeon Brothers did another spooky promo

• Michael Cole explained over a video package that Jinder Mahal had just returned from a quick promotional appearance in India ahead of the tour later in the year. Jinder came out to talk about how he traveled in luxury in India, and the crowd chanted,"YOU CAN'T WRESTLE", so he retorted that he is their WWE Champion, which is a cruel but accurate statement. Jinder noted he has beaten the unbeatable in Orton and Nakamura, and so he was going to challenge Brock Lesnar for a Champion vs Champion match at Survivor Series.

• AJ Styles showed up and said he had no problem with Jinder challenging Brock, but he took exception to the idea there wasn't any more challengers on Smackdown. Jinder said AJ was a loser and a joke, AJ retorted that they weren't in his country (Canada?) and then when Jinder tried to attack him AJ beat him and the Singhs up and chased them off.

• Backstage, Jinder demanded Bryan do something about AJ. Delighted, AJ asked what Jinder was going to do about it, and Jinder quickly threw one of the Singh Brothers under the bus by offering him up to have a match against AJ next week to fight on Jinder's behalf. Sunil had a brief moment of panic before agreeing, and Bryan was more than happy to book it.

• Dolph Ziggler defeated Bobby Roode in a rematch from the PPV, pulling the tights in the same way Roode did to beat him.

• Backstage, Aiden English wandered about singing with great joy until he spotted a couple of dorks who weren't paying attention to him. English asked what kind of music they could possibly prefer, at which point New Day came out screeching and happily mocking him. Rusev showed up and told them that the only thing that mattered was that it was Rusev Day. New Day played the trombone to celebrate, while BIG E gyrated his hips and did not break eye contact.

• Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens defeated Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura, after Sami hit Orton with a low-blow while he was distracted by Kevin Owens. He delivered the Heluva Kick and pinned him, and he and Owens hugged and celebrated as they left the ring and went up the ramp.

• Backstage Owens and Sami laughed in Bryan's face for his plan backfiring, and Sami pointed out that they'd just beaten the two top guys on the roster (lol Jinder). So what'd he have for them next week? Bryan said that wasn't up to him, next week it was up to Shane McMahon. Sami and Owens both made beautiful :aaa: faces.

• Back in the ring, Orton and Nakamura were about to leave when Sami and Owens came back out on the mic and laughed about beating them, and insisted that they ran Smackdown and there was nothing ANYBODY could do about it. He announced Sami was his best friend and they hugged. :shobon:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really enjoyed that Raw and I'm looking forward to TLC. That said....

:cripes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also put that new Kane theme up ASAP, WWE

Nothing could ever beat Slow Chemical, but it's def better than his last one

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finn vs Bray is going to be awful but the build for Shield vs Team Miz has been okay and Kane is probably a better choice of the team than Joe since Joe is better off being on his own.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How much longer until Braun reaches "completely neutered" status.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Raw... ...Good?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh Snapple! posted:

How much longer until Braun reaches "completely neutered" status.

When's Fastlane 2018.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Kane is bad and boring, as he always has been.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erebus posted:

Roman wouldn't allow any campaign signs in his yard

Should have been the thread title :colbert:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuqFnbLLGE

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
So did Kane lose that mayor's race, then?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Also put that new Kane theme up ASAP, WWE

Nothing could ever beat Slow Chemical, but it's def better than his last one

new kane theme? gently caress guess i'm watching hour 3 after all

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If you think

is fine

and

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/920116752855441409

is dumb

you're an idiot

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Jerry Only vs. Captain Caveman

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

THERE. IS. KANE!

The Wilfred dog nose really doesn't help.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

If you think

is fine

and

is dumb

you're an idiot

one is funny and the other is just sad

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I really enjoyed that Raw and I'm looking forward to TLC. That said....

:cripes:

Agreed very much. Also WWE constructed a team I could honestly buy beating The Shield so they did a good job there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Should have been the thread title :colbert:

I missed it in the Raw thread, soon as I saw it I knew what had to be done :)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The called him the big red machine again, so I got most of what i want out of a Kane return.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

well poo poo, they did it, they got me to care again. let's go kane

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Finn vs Bray is going to be awful but the build for Shield vs Team Miz has been okay and Kane is probably a better choice of the team than Joe since Joe is better off being on his own.

Furthermore Kane makes kayfabe sense and is also a better option for catching dudes on crazy spots and poo poo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
"Sup Braun, remember that time you kidnapped me?"

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've honestly never understood what's so good about Kane. He's a bargain bin undertaker who has a slow, boring style.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I assume Kane is mad at Roman for screwing up his 20 year plan to kill his brother.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Midnightghoul posted:

If you think

is fine

and

is dumb

you're an idiot

How can you get mad at Daryl? He's more over than Roman.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Rhonne posted:

"Sup Braun, remember that time you kidnapped me?"

tbf they didnt do a very good of kidnapping since they showed up the next week to squash the wyatts

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Survivor Series will be Miz, Braun, Kane, and The Bar (Cesaro and Sheamus) against Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, and who else? Samoa Joe and Finn Balor?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Main and Asuka should be good but this being the 4th Bray/Finn match in the past 3 months shows how thin the rosters are with the split. Just not enough guys right now to give fresh matches with all the shows they have. Either need to shuffle the roster or get more people from NXT on the main shows

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Story Time has JBL winning a $630 pool set up by the Undertaker regarding a early 2000s Big Show weigh-in and then spending it buying drinks for the locker room

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The_Rob posted:

How can you get mad at Daryl? He's more over than Roman.

roman wasn't getting (noticeably) boo'd during the opening, i can't believe the shield reunion is actually working

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
This is going to be 5x5 for Survivor Series with the Hardys, isn't it?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

roman wasn't getting (noticeably) boo'd during the opening, i can't believe the shield reunion is actually working

Really?

It's exactly a cynical enough move to not only work, but work well.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's because all three guys seem into it. Even Ambrose is closer to peak form. It's cool and good.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Really?

It's exactly a cynical enough move to not only work, but work well.

i mean i thought they would continue cheering the shield but boo'ing roman for a few more weeks at least

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finn changing his paint was teased from the Demon's debut on

Sister Abigail was teased for 5 years

is the payoff of both

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
fuckin kane is back, hell yeah

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Paracaidas posted:

Jeff is dead for some time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Let's just see what happens when they break off again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paracaidas posted:

Not both, Jeff's hurt and out till at least soon after Mania

• Locked thread