Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I have been kicking people from commune and inviting people. If you been afk for more than 5 days, I suggest you log on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
Play this game its really fuckin good

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal
I don't see the Unity of Lowtax alliance when I search, but if a spot opens up in Commune I'd love an invite. IGN: Elewem

Also, how do I see what sector I'm in? I had to wait for space to free up to get in and I just let it do random placement. Apparently just zoom out and it's printed, albeit hard to see, on the map.

Elewem fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 4, 2017

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
In as Dustoph. Getting some stronghold kingdom vibes with a lot more under the hood.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Had to do random placement to let me actually start, figure it is some sort of bug. Is it just your starting station that gets extra levels, or is it a headquarters thing you can designate? Also is the great migration still going on? I've got some resources built up, just lack the freighters at the moment and another 4 or so influence points.

ign: ZypherIM

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
Your capital can level buildings to 20. If you're joining commune of lowtax, I would recommend trying to send a station as soon as possible to goonland, as it is probably the only safe area for us left.

Also, the resources in the starting area are inferior to the expansion areas. When expanding, I recommend looking for a spot that has as much resources in the full +3 hex area. The basic station
collects resource in a 1 hex area around it. A building in the industry line will expand this to 2 hexes. A building in the domain line expands this to 3 hexes. So, the best mining bases have mining stations
collecting resources from 2-3 spots, and the station itself collects resources from every asteroid/moon/planet in the full +3 hex area.

Once you have a nice mining spot, this will give you the resources to expand to further areas. Also, I recommend saving achievements and build time cards for your second base, so that you can level
it up as fast as possible. Go ahead and burn commodity cards at this point for minerals, as you won't really need them until you are upping outposts to level 2-3.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

games doomed lol

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

games doomed lol

Yeah, well, thats just, like, your opinion, man

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I tried to play this video game, it said the only server was full.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

If you get on official discord tell @snoogms that it is full and he will probably boot an inactive account for you.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

When I made my spot I had to select random starting location to get it to let me start. Also the discord is quite active and our higher ranking goons are willing to let us suckle.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I'll be back during the next round- I've obviously been out of this one the past few weeks. Too much poo poo going down wrapping up the end of q4

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Applied to commune. IGN is sawa

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Tried to check this out but the server has been full since yesterday. Is there any point in trying to get in seeing as the current campaign has apparently passed its halfway mark?

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Not really. Also I am amazed by how much attention this game that appears so simple demands. It is most likely having some negative impact on my interpersonal relations :smith:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah i stopped playing because the game required a bit too much checking in on, its too idle to play fully but not idle enough to play as a check in once in awhile game. I found it in a weird spot.

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
To be competitive you need to spend alot of time online. Especially if you on the front line of a hostile area, defending against attacks can force you to wake up in the middle of the night to click buttons.

The devs seem to be aware of the disparity between time spenders and more casual players though and have mentioned future versions will allow more casual players to make rewarding contributions to their alliance, IE support roles

Weskejak
Dec 18, 2007
Vice Nemisis
I've heard a lot of high ranking players saying that they won't be in the next alpha, because of the time commitment, I'm hoping that they can fix some of the extravagant time sinks, and get the app running. if they can do that, I think it will be an enjoyable distraction, instead of a mind numbing grind. that said, I have been loving the mind numbing grind just as much as I've been hating it.

also, I should mention, Commune of Lowtax is a dead alliance now, we merged with the alliance Temporary Lodging to become the Pocket Protectors, so if anyone gets in-game, apply there, but it is really late in the game to get anything other then a taste of what it is like. I'd make a new post with all the relevant information, but it seems pointless until the next alpha.

Weskejak fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 10, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the main reason I had to stop playing was due to IRL stuff and then when I had time I was stupidly behind the curve and just out of loop with everything.

They need to resolve that sort of thing but at least they're aware of it being a major issue at this stage.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Same thing. If playing goons need me to demolish my stuff or something, post here or pm in discord.

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
Yeah the only reason I'm still playing is we're kind of winning? That and the goon alliance is full of cool people

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad the dudes who asked for the leadership stuff as I phased out of playing didn't end up being awful.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
gonna echo everything unfunny poster said. looking forward to the next go round

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I lost interest in the game once it became apparent how much time I had to invest. I just don't find that kind of gameplay compelling anymore, even if the pvp aspect is aces.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I'm definitely in the next round. Got hosed with a busy q4 at work and not enough time to keep my space empire alive.

It's fun for sure and the group thus far has been pretty cool. Should be baller next time around.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Haven't played this but sounds like a great game if you're unemployed, not so much if you anything to do with your time.

Maybe when my crippling alcoholism finally costs me my job i'll check it out.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016
The discord invite expired, and I had to start in a random system.

Seems a little bit like ogame on steroids

ign: ElDuderino

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
There's not really anything you can do starting now anyway. There's like 2.5 weeks left or so. Just tinker with it a bit if you feel like it. Next phase is probably going to be fairly different anyway.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beep_boop posted:

The discord invite expired, and I had to start in a random system.

Seems a little bit like ogame on steroids

ign: ElDuderino

The invite in the OP shouldn't expire. Anyway here's another invite, I'll update the OP with it.

https://discord.gg/p9GmdYr

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
Is this round dead yet; did goons all die?

The starborne forums themselves are a ghost town, I haven't looked at discord.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The people left over merged with one of the other top alliances. We're probably going to win now. Round ends in 7 days.

Official discord is pretty slow.

Most people are just tired and waiting for it to end now.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Any big changes for the next round? Seemed to really snowball and leave new players completely out after the first 2 weeks.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
The sad part was the game was super fun the first few day(s) of the server. Unfortunately the time requirement is completely ridiculous and p2w is a thing.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Nobody paid to win this alpha I'm pretty sure. The winners didn't at least.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
Well, p2w in the notion that certain cards are extremely powerful and useful, and the earlier you get them the better advantage you could have *

*note: this all depends on you poopsocking the high time investment the entire season

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

That's not what p2w means! It means you pay real life money to win in game!

Which is sorta doable, but infeasible for critical outpost materials, which you basically just have to grind the normal way unless you're going to drop a few million or something.

Also I don't think 80% of the game could have done much alone to the top 10-20 no matter how much they paid. Anyone under rank 100 is almost fodder or xp material for the top 20-30 or so unless they really know what they're doing but don't have the time or got knocked there from a higher position. Labor is a pretty serious bottleneck, and you have to grind outpost materials to get the appreciably. But that's the ridiculous time requirement talking. And also the semi-untouchability of the top 10ish by most of the game is an issue itself.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So is another round starting soonish?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

everytime i try to log into this it says the server is full

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
I have a lovely Dell laptop. Will it be able to play this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

Archenteron posted:

So is another round starting soonish?

There's a pre-alpha apparently starting soon, and then another round of alpha in March? i think.

• Locked thread