Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Hi gang, George Lucas here! You know, the guy who made a little movie called... STRA WARS?

I know that the movies are now largely in the hands of other people but I just thought, well, I'm still here! And maybe you could use a few ideas that were floating around the ol' noggin for the next big Star Wars movie! So here's a few suggestions. No pressure to use them. As we say in LucasArts, 'there's no stupid ideas'!

New Villian: Darth Sebaceouscyst. I had one of these taken out and it sure smarted! Imagine giving that thing the power of the Force, right?

New weapon: A blaster that can fire around corners! Now don't just use this in the first scene. As I can tell you, you need to workshop these things. Try to write a scene where a line-of-sight blaster isn't really working and Our Hero pulls one of these bad boys and POW!

I've been thinking about the Star Wars universe and it really seems to me that the whole aristocracy thing (Princess Leia, Queen Amidala, you know) isn't really working. What's the little guy supposed to do? So how about a democracy that's fair for everyone? Everyone gets two votes as long as they're voting for something good. But if they're voting for something evil, they only get one vote. That way, if you have to vote for something that's evil but gets things done, a lot of people are going to have to agree with you! Genius in its simplicity.

Finally, a new robot, or as we all know, a droid! Now, I can't figure out how to use the Something Awful forums to upload pictures, but I can do a pretty close ascii drawing instead:

\/
I-]
E
L L

It'll be like the friend Luke never knew he had, always ready to raise his spirits with a quick quip like "These Stormtroopers are morons", and it'll never let Luke down!

Well, that's all from me for now. If I get other ideas, I'll be sure to post 'em here! Remember what I always say, Excelsior! No... That's Stan Lee... I forget what I always say... Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues

Hi, George. Love STRA WARS, love life, love R2-D2. How did you come up with the idea for him?

alnilam

I always found it strange that they never say the title "star wars" in any of the movies, so why is it even called that? I suggest adding a scene where like maybe Luke is sad that Dak died and he cries "These star wars need to end!!"

Android Blues

alnilam posted:

I always found it strange that they never say the title "star wars" in any of the movies, so why is it even called that? I suggest adding a scene where like maybe Luke is sad that Dak died and he cries "These star wars need to end!!"

One of the things I've always loved about George is that he's down to add scenes like this when the need arises. For him, Star Wars is always a "work in progress". Really glad he's here now.

Farecoal

There he go
George... What the frick were you thinking when you made that one guy! The racist stereotype, the character that was supposed to appeal to kids!! Yeah, that's right... Darth Vader!!!

Sprue

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
oh ya, wow, big fan of your work. my favorite character has always been worf. i'm curious how you found someone with such an extremely unusual face to play the role. casting must be quite difficult. anyways, thanks for taking the time to answer my question i look forward to hearing back from you!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I can't believe you stole your idea off of Space Balls: The Obvious Rip-Off but you went and perpetrated all those frauds and even stole the dark helmet thing. Mel Brooks was a better Yoga!

-Peter Jackson

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Hey G, big fan. I love the cantina song so much I've hired a band to cosplay and follow me around everywhere playing it non-stop. It's really put a strain on my personal relationships in fact. Well, anyway keep it up! Oh I guess someone else is doing that now so... peace? And while I'm here I might as well say this band following me has ended up being real expensive and what with you being a billionaire and all..??. ok nice to meet you...k... buh bye

HotSoapyBeard fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 18, 2017

Starshark
Wow! So many questions! I don't even get this many in my mail in a year. I'll try to answer them best as I can!

Android Blues posted:

Hi, George. Love STRA WARS, love life, love R2-D2. How did you come up with the idea for him?

Well actually, R2 was going to be an eight-legged critter with a long tail that would sort of wrap around your throat as he grabbed your face when he talked to you. But my friend Ridley said it was probably a bit scary and I was new to film-making so I kinda gave in. My PA's husband actually came up with the droid idea. Funny thing, I lost the drawings to the original R2 not long after that - I wonder what happened to them? They're probably worth money now.

alnilam posted:

Android Blues posted:

One of the things I've always loved about George is that he's down to add scenes like this when the need arises. For him, Star Wars is always a "work in progress". Really glad he's here now.

You know, I never thought about it, but it kinda bothers me now that no-one says the titles in any of the movies. That, and the fact that I didn't put enough CGI dinosaurs in the originals. I'm going to get to fixing that right away - you wait until you hear Han (or this guy from Korea I know who does a really good Han Solo impersonation) say "Looks like the Empire is about to strike back!" Then I'll burn all the original prints. I don't like to see my unfinished stuff.

Farecoal posted:

George... What the frick were you thinking when you made that one guy! The racist stereotype, the character that was supposed to appeal to kids!! Yeah, that's right... Darth Vader!!!

Oh, boy - I get this one a lot! All I can tell you is what I tell everyone else - I hadn't met a Jamaican when I created Darth Vader. I thought Jamaica was a coffee company at that point. I'm just glad I got talked out of the scene where Vader shows Skywalker his penis tattoo - I bet I would'a got letters for that one!

Sprue posted:

oh ya, wow, big fan of your work. my favorite character has always been worf. i'm curious how you found someone with such an extremely unusual face to play the role. casting must be quite difficult. anyways, thanks for taking the time to answer my question i look forward to hearing back from you!!

Haha, well of course worf is just wearing makeup - the really hard part was finding someone tall enough for the costume! Thank goodness for Peter Mayhew! You know, we were going to get David Lynch to direct Return of the Jedi and I showed him worf and he just sort of looked at me and raised an eyebrow. Pretentious little cocksucker, thinks he's too loving good for George Lucas, well we know how Dune did don't we Lynch you small-pricked idiot pig fucker. And your mother is a slack cunted whore!

Splatmaster posted:

I can't believe you stole your idea off of Space Balls: The Obvious Rip-Off but you went and perpetrated all those frauds and even stole the dark helmet thing. Mel Brooks was a better Yoga!

-Peter Jackson

You've got a lot of nerve calling me a thief when we all know that you took the idea of having aliens in Bad Taste from my movies. They even look like Jabba the Hutt! I wasn't going to sue because I used to like your cigarettes when I got to Australia, but now I gotta say... I'm thinking twice.

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Hey G, big fan. I love the cantina song so much I've hired a band to cosplay and follow me around everywhere playing it non-stop. It's really put a strain on my personal relationships in fact. Well, anyway keep it up! Oh I guess someone else is doing that now so... peace? And while I'm here I might as well say this band following me has ended up being real expensive and what with you being a billionaire and all..??. ok nice to meet you...k... buh bye

Oh, hey, really sorry - but this guy on the internet sold me the rights to Scott Joplin's The Entertainer for only half a million! So I'm going to go through all my movies and replace the soundtrack with The Entertainer. Why should Williams get all the money, right? Then I'm going to burn the originals to make sure all that sweet soundtrack royalties come my way!

I'm down to my last five billion so unfortunately I can't fund you for your cosplay thing, but if you don't pay me for royalties to The Entertainer, then I'll see you in court!

Excelsior! No, wait... Lee again.

Macnult

dear mr. lucas,

what are your thoughts on hollywood increasing the limit of cgi aliens allowed on screen together? will we ever get to see a Star Wars so dense with space critters that the viewer won’t be able to follow the narrative?

Android Blues

George, I have a question that might be a little bit of a sensitive one. How do you think porgs stack up against ewoks, et al? Some people are really keen on the porg, but it's a "cute creature" design without any of your input and it doesn't have weird little teeth or scary beady eyes or a long, racist snout, and I'm just not sure it captures the ol' Lucas magic. Am I being too harsh?

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I heard that the next special edition is going to digitally replace all ewoks with porgs, is this true and/or canon?

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
*in rotj, when luke is brought b4 palpatine*
palpatine: looks like we have a return of a jedi
luke: more like the return of the jedi! :smug:
*remastered theme plays as battle between luke and vader explodes in a colorful scene of new cgi effects*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
*close up to aged jar-jar, incorporated into the originan trilogy through the magic of cgi*
"mee-sa got-a bad feelings about-sa this!"
*laugh track*

Nosfereefer

*george lucas earnestly explaining how the ewoks were supposed to be part of the movies from the beginning, and only restricted to the end because of budget limits*
"but thanks to modern technology, the viewer at home can finally enjoy my original vision!"

Nosfereefer

the deal where disney bought star wars actually reversed, and now george lucas is editing classic disney movies

alnilam

Nosfereefer posted:

the deal where disney bought star wars actually reversed, and now george lucas is editing classic disney movies

lol

Nosfereefer

g luc: when we were first screening the original star wars trilogy, my idea of the general ambiance was never properly caught. that level of cultural progress was just not there in the early 80s. i truly feel that the real impact of the death aunt beru and uncle owen on luke is finally communicated to the viewer thru the new completely dub-step sound track

joke_explainer

Mr. Lucas, I loved your movie Straw Wars, but I have to say, I found the sequel Straw Dogs very disturbing. Where were you in your life when you directed that movie? Any memorable tales from the filming?

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Nosfereefer posted:

In 2033 I have had to buy 3 new versions of Cinderella including one that inexplicably includes Jar Jar Binks.

alnilam

George Lucas masterfully replaces the racist crows from dumbo with jar jar binks

Twenty Four

Snow White and the Seven Jar Jars.

Twenty Four

Game: can you name more of the seven dwarves, or more previously unintroduced characters from the prequels that are actually likeable.

Starshark

Twenty Four posted:

Game: can you name more of the seven dwarves, or more previously unintroduced characters from the prequels that are actually likeable.

I feel bad that I didn't do more with Hermione Bagwa. I'm all set to extend her scene where she deals with a messy problem in the diner! I won't give it away, but let's just say it begins with 'di' and ends with 'anoga'!

Notax

hi george i expect this message finds you well thank you for presenting the exciting star wars franchise. everyone loves the fresh, fast paced action, plots and twists.

Piso Mojado

Hi George Lucas, im dad

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Hi, Jorge. Is Bob A. Fett is my fave.. What does the A stand for?

Zeroisanumber

Hi Mr. Lucas!

I recently started watching your Clone Wars animated series and it has some really great episodes and your love of old radio sci-fi serials really shines through in a charming way.

Also, when I was a kid I was a huge fan of Chewbacca.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

What do I do about these dang wampa rats George, they're eating my pickles George!

Notax

somehow rereading this thread makes me feel like we are going to lose our honda Accord

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

HI gorge, why is chew bacca

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Jang O’Fett is talking to his son Bob:
“Ok son, if these sith find out you’re Irish they’ll give you a real hard time believe me I’ve had enough buckets of Guinness left balanced on top of doorways to tell you those sith are big time racists. So let’s just change your name slightly and you’ll fit right in...”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Jang O’Fett is talking to his son Bob:
“Ok son, if these sith find out you’re Irish they’ll give you a real hard time believe me I’ve had enough buckets of Guinness left balanced on top of doorways to tell you those sith are big time racists. So let’s just change your name slightly and you’ll fit right in...”

• Locked thread