Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

But dear God if they play a team that runs their PG through hella screens.

That's why he won't

Plus he's just fine guarding 3s and 4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

zoux posted:

Did yall know that John Tesh wrote the NBA on NBC theme song

Listen to his story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_h7Lm7C9Nk

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

Milos Teodosic is going to win ROY

It's definitely possible. There is currently a media backlash against "fake rookies" winning brewing though, which will hurt Milos if that is still around in 2018.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/920354594147856386

Who do I have to write to make In Game Hoodie Melo happen?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

CRISPYBABY posted:

Kyrie's weirdness and the loss of two good defenders makes Boston drop to a five seed.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Boston will win 44 games you heard it here first

These posts are funny together. One person thinks they'll get the first seed and the other the fifth.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Oh I wasn't talking regular season.

Like I'm looking at that Boston Roster compared to the Cavs and think they win the East this year.

Now this is a spicey take

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Athanatos posted:

There must be some sort of Air Bud type loophole that allows a hoodie. Can we call it an upper spinal compression sleeve?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/920370523502141443

Welp

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/920354594147856386

This is good.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
IT defended PGs and Boston made their defense work. You can scheme someone like Simmons to defend PGs if you had to. The question will be if that makes sense to do it, not if you could do it.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

That's an incredibly stupid loaded question. What is he supposed to owe Cleveland???

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Papercut posted:

That's an incredibly stupid loaded question. What is he supposed to owe Cleveland???

His hairline

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Very casual (by that I mean "hears stuff on local sports radio") NBA observer here- is the bringing to Cleveland of Rose, Wade, etc. an attempt to get LeBron to stay by surrounding him with stars or names of various quality, an all-in last-ditch effort to win another championship before LeBron fucks off to LA, or possibly both?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Lebron is 99% likely to leave and Rose and Wade are the last ditch hope for a title to compete with Golden State.

Also Bron to LA? Child please, he's going to make the Kings Great Again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Very casual (by that I mean "hears stuff on local sports radio") NBA observer here- is the bringing to Cleveland of Rose, Wade, etc. an attempt to get LeBron to stay by surrounding him with stars or names of various quality, an all-in last-ditch effort to win another championship before LeBron fucks off to LA, or possibly both?

Probably both.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

CBJSprague24 posted:

Probably both

Rose and Wade aren't nearly as good as they used to be, but they should both still be productive in lesser roles. Really, the whole team is just about coasting to the playoffs, then beating the Celtics and seeing if they have managed to add enough to beat the Warriors.

I personally feel that LeBron probably isn't leaving after the season, but then again, I didn't expect him to go to Miami or back to Cleveland :shrug:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Probably both, but the relationship appears to be pretty torched at this point; e.g. Lebron basically called Gilbert a racist this morning.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wade and Rose are hardly "All-in". They are on minimum deals. If you think they will help there is very, very low downside.

It's basically the only way capped out teams can marginally improve, it's not some ploy or acceptance that Lebron is gone. Is Nick Young joining GSW proof that Durant is gone or is he a cheap player that will help the team?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lockback posted:

Boston just dumped nearly their entire starting lineup, will be featuring 2 young players for lots of minutes, and their depth is questionable. Boston is better positioned now than they were last year with personnel, but I don't know that will translate to the 55+ wins you'd need to be #1 in the East
My warmed over take: East #1 seed wins less than 50 this year

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hot Take: Gordon Hayward reads Hegel and changes his mind on the history on dialectics.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron uses Gilbert as an open cash machine and I love it

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dexo posted:

Oh I wasn't talking regular season.

Like I'm looking at that Boston Roster compared to the Cavs and think they win the East this year.

I don't know if you watched basketball at all last year, but IT is pretty loving good. If he's 75% of what he was last year, then their ticket to the Finals is punched. If he doesn't play a minute this season then I still give Cleveland even odds of winning the East.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

Man people really think Cleveland is a better team than Boston this year?

The best player on Boston would be the third or fourth best player on the Cavs, depending on how fully IT recovers

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
AFAIK There've been no actual sourced pieces of news to suggest LeBron is interested in leaving Cleveland. It's unfounded speculation that comes back to stuff like "Savannah James interview bombshell: 'I enjoy warm weather.' -- move imminent??"

It could happen, but it's probably not even worth discussing yet

LeBron's basically had GM control over the franchise since he came back to Cleveland, and they've been constantly adding dudes he likes/is friends with since he agreed to go back. The Wade/Rose signings are more of that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's IT's recovery timetable

EvanTH posted:

AFAIK There've been no actual sourced pieces of news to suggest LeBron is interested in leaving Cleveland. It's unfounded speculation that comes back to stuff like "Savannah James interview bombshell: 'I enjoy warm weather.' -- move imminent??"

LeBron's basically had GM control over the franchise since he came back to Cleveland, and they've been constantly adding dudes he likes/is friends with since he agreed to go back. The Wade/Rose signings are more of that.

I heard hes bound for the Spurs actually

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrstxuicZk

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

zoux posted:

January is what they're saying.

DeimosRising posted:

The best player on Boston would be the third or fourth best player on the Cavs, depending on how fully IT recovers

Please stop leaking the minutes of the Kyle Korver Own Zone secret society

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
If you guys think Gordon Hayward isn't perfectly aware that only five days ago Fnatic came back from 0-4 and are now 2nd seed in the Knockout Round of Worlds 2017 then I don't know what to tell you

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

zoux posted:

Rotoworld is usually the best spot for injury news
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1889/isaiah-thomas
Looking at a January return?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I expect Cavs to be underwhelming during the regular season, but if IT makes a full recovery, they're definitely the favorites over the Celtics during the playoffs.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

EvanTH posted:

I buy that he would leave but all the rumored destinations are dumb as hell. He's definitely going to the West so the Warriors can sweep him out the first round while Lavar Ball does the funky chicken on the sidelines

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

morestuff posted:

I buy that he would leave but all the rumored destinations are dumb as hell.

Yeah I agree with this. I don't buy that he's going to either LA team. He'll confuse us all by going back to Miami or some other random team like loving Milwaukee or the Sixers or the Magic haha

e:\/ this parses with my "Simmons is going to literally play point guard" schtick

Simmons
Fultz
Covington
Lebron
Embiid

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 17, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

You morons. LeBron is going to Trust the Process.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You morons. LeBron is going to Trust the Process.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LeBron is going to play against his son like he said be wanted to by finally exercising his NCAA eligibility

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I wonder if LeBron could go to like some Trash tier D1 school and carry that team by himself to a national championship

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

in case anyone missed it (i kinda read it and forgot it) here is a summary of rule changes this year http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2736708-explaining-the-nba-rule-changes-for-2017-18-season

also have this

oh and NBA league pass is free this week and now has a monthly cost structure instead of annual if you want

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/920379985189359616

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

I wonder if LeBron could go to like some Trash tier D1 school and carry that team by himself to a national championship

Yeah he could but he can't because once you get paid for sports you're eligibility is over

Blazers fans stepping it up this year, watch out Knicks fans

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Raptors actually play all 82 games on National TV :canada:

• Locked thread