Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Found out something interesting: In order to get Trunkspines, you have to attack the spines on Gammoth's trunk. That can be broken, but not the trunk itself. You cannot get Trunkspines any other way bar a low chance from capturing. Blunt weapons work better, but cutting weapons take longer to scar the tip of the trunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

:siren:Holy poo poo what's this? An update?!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhAGRcoAbrY

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Hey, hey you! Update!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVer5OdC-2M

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You carted :colbert:

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
That's a cart.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Gravios's abilities as a Monstie are Lava Walk and Roar which are abilities we've seen before so I'm instead going to talk about Vaal Hazak in World:

First and foremost is that contrary to popular belief, Vaal Hazak is not actually undead. Its title of Corpse Coat Dragon comes from the fact that its body has many spikes used for attaching rotten flesh and muscle to its body, allowing it to wear corpses like a coat and use the effluvium freely. It is believed by researchers that in the past, Vaal Hazak was a predator that fed on corpses filled with effluvium and kept the bacteria with it for many years, so that Vaal could coexist with it in the Rotten Vale, allowing the dragon to manipulate it with ease.

And even though it's not actually a zombie, Vaal Hazak is rather terrifying as instead of preying on other monsters directly, it uses the effluvium to do it. Vaal Hazak is known to suck up the effluvium so that it can make the bacteria's energy its own. When it takes it from infected monsters, it also drains the monsters of vital energy. Vaal Hazak doesn't kill the monsters when it sucks them dry but greatly weakens them, leaving the victims in a sort of unconscious state. By sucking up the effluvium, Vaal Hazak is able to energize itself without needing to prey on other creatures directly.

In fact the reason Vaal Hazak lets smaller monsters live in its territory is so it has an extra supply of effluvium if left in a dire situation without some. Vaal Hazak can manipulate it but can't produce its own, meaning it will lose it over time as it fights and is damaged in combat.

This is why Vaal Hazak is considered to be the true ruler of the Rotten Vale even though Odogaron is often considered to be the apex predator or "lord" of that ecosystem by many.

Oh and those yellow spots on each side of Vaal Hazak's face are a pair of bioluminescent organs that are often confused with its eyes, its real eyes are small and red in color. Likewise the reason it has a second pair of jaws is to hold down prey. Once it captures prey within those jaws, it will proceed to suck its struggling victim dry as it restrains them.

Here's how Vaal looks without its rotting meat coat as well as a closeup of its face:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 16, 2019

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I'm going to be controversial here and say that didn't count as a cart. Valstrax seemed more like a "hopeless boss fight"-type than a proper hunt.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Update time!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESLvQxHo5I

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Chimera-gui posted:

so I'm instead going to talk about Vaal Hazak in World:

Vaal Hazak is just Kushala Daora's NEET brother. They both control air but the one time Vaal left his room he got attacked by a dog.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 28, 2019

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Regarding the nonsense I spouted about halitosis this video: turns out I was half remembering a segment from an episode of Adam Ruins Everything! That said, I can't say for sure whether the stuff Adam Conover puts out there is accurate or not. The show does have little citations pop up in the corner, but I haven't personally looked into said citations.

Maybe I should learn to think before I speak.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

Vaal Hazak is just Kushala Daora's NEET brother. They both control air but the one time Vaal left his room he got attacked by a dog.

Actually Vaal is said to be more closely related to new Elder in Iceborne, Namielle who even lives in neighboring Coral Highlands is said to have a shared common ancestor with Hazak whereas Kushala has little in common with either beyond being a dragon with shiny scales: https://twitter.com/hw_taki/status/1164307662235766784

Also Rafiki iin the animated movie was a mandrill with a baboon's tail while the live action movie is full mandrill:

To be fair, the Volcanic Hollow is basically the Sunken Hollow on fire. And since you mentioned Witcher collaboration, let's talk about the Leshen in lieu of any new Monsties:

The basic Leshen quest itself is a unique and special blending of The Witcher mechanics with MHW in which we talk to Commission members as Geralt, learning about the people whom the Hunter has been working with the entire game after the Witcher and a Nekker enter our world through a portal with the latter being found in the Ancient Forest. Concluding that a Leshen also somehow came into our world, gained nourishment from the Ancient Forest making it stronger than its brethren back home world and is causing trouble; he seeks out and burns its totem to get it out of hiding initiating the fight.

And just by looking at old deer head here, you can tell that this is unlike anything the Guild has ever come across before. The second monster capable of using magic after Behemoth as well as the first humanoid boss monster not counting King Shakalaka, it has the ability to take control of other lifeforms such as Jagras which are used as attack hounds to distract and incapacitate opponents and Revoltures which are used for quicker attacks on further distance in a form of a wave or as a living shield with them flying around the Leshen in high speed. And as shown when it first appears, it is able to thrust its arms into the ground to control tree roots as well as teleport. And all this while this song plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1eYJLM27Q

In its own world, it is said that the Leshen despise humanity for disrespecting the forests and are especially merciless towards woodcutters and hunters that would set foot in their domains. This also seems to be the case here as the Leshen makes it a point to attack the Chief Botanist. It's influence also effected a Gajalaka Chieftain which Geralt has to knock some sense into as a side quest.

And as bad as regular Leshen is, the Ancient Leshen is even worst as its old age has made it even more malicious and spiteful towards the enemies of the forest as the hunter learns firsthand. In its home world, they are often venerated as forest gods in the hopes of appeasing its ire; while for the most part it seems to care little for being worshiped, there have been some cases where it has condescended to grant boons upon those who respect the woods.

It is able to summon greater numbers of Jagras and Revoltures at a time and can place a curse upon its foes that compels nearby monsters to attack them or bind a would-be hunter with roots to allow its servants to slay the interloper with impunity. It also has a devastating area o effect attack by sending a wave of Revolture outward. And it even gets its own theme distinct from regular Leshen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx8dWVuNNqA

Both Leshen and Ancient can be mounted however players can only cling to their heads and they will not attempt to ram into surfaces like other monsters do.

Of the two crossover monsters, I greatly prefer the Leshen and its variant Ancient over Behemoth and Extreme even though I did have trouble with the vanilla Leshen the first couple times I fought it. I know people find Ancient Leshen obnoxious because it was definitely balanced for multiplayer like Behemoth but I didn't have as much trouble with it as I was expecting, less so then vanilla Leshen and way less than loving Behemoth and Extreme (the latter of which I gave up fighting until I get Master rank equipment to punch its stupid teeth in with).

And I'd be lying if I said that this wouldn't be the type of character I'd play as if I ever play DnD.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 27, 2019

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Heyyyyy, update!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ByuslpXLo

New friend!

Also starting Friday I'll be on vacation for a couple weeks. Updates will resume when I return. Talk amongst yourselves until then!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 17, 2019

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Bold of you to assume that a monster whose skeleton does not exist in World's engine (and like with Lagi you wouldn't be able to just use G. Jagras as a substitute since Zamtrios has longer legs and consequently hops everywhere), has animations completely unique to it, and is not as popular as Nargacuga, Tigrex, Barioth, or Rajang ever had a chance of being in Iceborne.

Hell the lack of Zamite should have been an obvious clue to Zamtrios' chances since you pretty much never see the adult stage without the juvenile as well. Just because the Hoarfrost Reach is a frigid environment doesn't mean that every monster that dwells in frigid environments had an equal chance of being a native especially since as an area, the Reach is closer to the Snowy Mountains/Arctic Ridge than Frozen Seaway and Zam is exclusive to the latter.

Beotodus is one of the first monsters to be established in Iceborne both promotionally and in-universe and the fact that it uses the same skeleton as Jyuratodus and Lavasioth means it was always going to be the better option than Zamtrios from the developer perspective, especially since Iceborne had been in development since base World's release meaning Beo was likely one of the earliest members of the roster:

This actually segues into an impromptu segment I'm doing in lieu of any Monsties called:
Adventures in Iceborne!

The other early monster besides Beotodus being Banbaro. What's interesting is that it has a small horn-like projection on its snout that folds out when it is enraged, you can just see it folded right up against the face here between its eyes:

These two together are actually a good introduction to Hoarfrost Reach and will be the target of many early MR quests.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 21, 2019

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Dude. Unclench. I'm allowed to be annoyed by the omission of my favorite monster.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I wanna see Zamtrios in World. I'd love to see Zamtrios in world. Every game would be better with Zamtrios in it.

Stop making games unfun, and put more Zamtrios everywhere.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Just because a monster isn't popular, doesn't mean it has zero chance of getting into Iceborne. I mean, there were monsters that weren't popular that became content in world. Every monster is a varying popularity with different Hunters, for instance, I HATE Uraagan, but he's in World, and just as annoying to fight.

Anyhow, I can't wait for Iceborne for PC. The DLC armor I was talking about was the Guardian Set, I believe.

Banbaro looks to be a good introduction at least.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Silegna posted:

Just because a monster isn't popular, doesn't mean it has zero chance of getting into Iceborne. I mean, there were monsters that weren't popular that became content in world. Every monster is a varying popularity with different Hunters, for instance, I HATE Uraagan, but he's in World, and just as annoying to fight.

Anyhow, I can't wait for Iceborne for PC. The DLC armor I was talking about was the Guardian Set, I believe.

Banbaro looks to be a good introduction at least.

Uragaan at least has been found living in every regular volcanic environment that appears in the third and fourth generations so it living in the Elder's Recess isn't that far-fetched ecologically speaking.

Like I adore Zamtrios as well but that still doesn't change the fact that it was a long shot at best regardless of Beotodus's existence.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I bet you're super fun to hang around with.
"Well, actually...we never could have gotten parking at that sportsball game anyway, and beer kills brain cells so it's no real loss."

You know what I think? Zamtrios makes everything better. Witness:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Zamtrios being in means we coulda gotten a large boys event featuring a max size Great Jagras, Dodogama and zamtrios.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

ChaseSP posted:

Zamtrios being in means we coulda gotten a large boys event featuring a max size Great Jagras, Dodogama and zamtrios.

Words cannot express the grief that I feel at knowing this won't happen

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

"Will it Cat?" Special Episode: Breaking Felyne News part 4

Hello thread! I am back from vacation, got a welcome home present in the form of the Cold From Hell. I haven't felt up to doing commentary. Next update is edited and ready. It's just waiting until I can utter a full sentence without hacking up a lung. In the meantime, the FNN crew is here to fill us in on our Hunter's Hub progress.

Welcome back to Felyne News Network, with your hosts Purregrine,

and Meowltese!

On today's edition of Felyne News Network, we're going to Nyalcon with her latest report from the Hunter's Hub.

Nyalcon here- and my faithful nyamera cat Zelda, reporting to you again from the Hunter's Hub. We still have Key Quests, Villager Requests, and Prowler Quests to take care of.

Liquidypurr was unavailable this time, so I put in a call for volunteers to help us. I waited at the bistro for someone to answer my request.

And that was when I met up-and-coming Prowler Holly and her Palico Phoenix.

That name sounds familiar. Can't put my paw on why...

As luck would have it, Holly needed to do many of the same Key Quests we do, so she volunteered to help us. Many paws make light work, as they say.

We enjoyed our pre-hunt meal,

and set off in search of our quarry.

Our purr-ey was not to be taken lightly!

I did my usual.

Holly proved herself to be a capable ally.

She even managed to get us some extra loot! Extra loot is always a-purr-eciated.

Once again, my trapping skills purr-oved useful.

Easy peasy.

Fine work, as always, from our star FNN correspondant!

Well said, Purregrine. Let's see what our intrepid friends tackled next!

I knew this next hunt would be dangerous, but I believed in us!

We had a good team. I knew we could do it!

You can never have too many of these.

Good call, Nyalcon! Those will be useful for upgrading the lab.

Indeed. We're getting to the interesting stuff now, to boot.

The Brachydios was a tough customer, as expected.

Holly and I covered each other's backs.

In the end,

second verse, same as the furst.

I almost missed the extra loot Holly got fur us.

One again, I was very a-purr-eciative.

Next up, another Key Quest, and another very dangerous meownster.

And a Capture quest, no less! Better hope Nyalcon and crew don't kill it by accident.

Oh purr-shaw! Nyalcon captured her last two targets. Surely she can do the same for this one!

Go ahead, punk, make my day!

And take tha- oh no!

In my defense, the lousy thing never limped! I think I made it too angry with my expert taunting...

These things happen, even to purrfessionals!

Yeah, meownsters will not limp away when angry, and Glavenus is... often angry.

It's not quite as humiliating as failing a Prowler quest because you killed the target instead of breaking a specific body part...

Mee-yuck! Don't remind me about those!

We did get something good out of it, at least...

For a given definition of "good."

We fortified ourselves once again before our next attempt.

This time, we were more careful.

Even so, the stupid thing still didn't limp! I had plenty of spare Gauge, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and try laying a trap.

Turns out, yes, it was capture-ready.

Stupid Glavenus.

At least it'll get to live out the rest of its short, painful life in the Arena.

I hope it gets poked by many angry hunters. A lot.

I bid farewell to Holly for now so I could collect our quest rewards. The Moga Chief's Son was very happy to see us.

:coolfish: Whatever you did, that rumbling's stopped. That's a relief and a half. Now, have you taken a gander at the Blue Cutthroat included in your Quest rewards? I slipped that in there for ya! Consider it a token of my gratitude for your hard work. Take it to the Smithy and tell him to make you somethin' cool with it!

Oh no. Don't tell me...

:coolfish: It's a good thing you took care of it, or things could've gotten pretty hairy for the village! Thanks to you, everyone in the village can go on livin' in peace.

In case you were wondering, yes, the reward is another of those useless human things!

Ugh, I mew it!

Next, I went to collect our reward for dealing with that Astalos.

:whatup: In fact, I think the most electrifyin' afro in the world just got even more electric! And thanks to you, the ultimate afro is now complete! Right on!

:whatup: You got me all choked up. But our communication transcends words. And the work we've done here today will live on forever in the hall of funkateers! Yes, even if I leave this place, our alliance will groove on for eternity! That's how it is, baby!

:whatup: As long as there are squares left in the world, I'm sure we'll meet again! Stay gold!

Yes... thank you, my good sir.
... I'm not even sure what we got as a reward for that, but I bet you a pound of Felvine it was more useless human stuff. Anyway, moving on! That's all I have for you today. This is Nyalcon, signing off.

Thanks, Nyalcon! We're not remotely done with Key Quests, so we'll look forward to her next report.

That Holly seems like she's going places. I hope we'll see her again.

Oh, one last thing before we sign off. Nyalcon sent word that she recruited another brave and helpful Palico for us!

This is Wolf, a Beast Prowler. He mentioned something about Fox and Falco already being here, so he might as well join up too. I guess those three have a history.

Seems that way. Anyway, thanks for joining us today, viewers. Until next time, this is Felyne News Network, signing off!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 15, 2019

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Ah yes, Glavenus not limping. Like seriously, WHY DIDN'T HE LIMP. But yeah, that was a fun thing. Multiplayer as a cat is far superior to as a human.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Here it is! Just like I promised:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b10LrBi-_JA

Do weigh in on how we handle Prowler quest. Which is funnier?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

I'm voting for the non-serious option. Prowler quests not respecting you? Don't respect them back.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Regarding the weapon issue in World, I'm happy to announce that Rajang doesn't suffer from it, all of his weapons are straight from previous games.

And to clear up a common misconception, almost all instances of mate cannibalism among mantids as well as widow spiders occurred in captivity, under heavy observation, and were most likely induced by stress.

Anyway, the closest analogue for the limbs in front of Seltas Queen's face would be the raptorial legs of the male or alternatively Nerscylla's pedipalps. Sadly neither appear in Stories but if they did, they'd be an adorable concept for a monstie:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/59085077

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 29, 2019

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:spooky:Spoopyween Update!:spooky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fisooLBZNOE

Happy Spoopyween, everyone!

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Tigrex does not look fun to fight, holy crap. Even Narg seemed tamer and less "I'mma jump and roar all over you".

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

"Will it Cat?" Special Episode: Breaking Felyne News part 5

Welcome back to Felyne News Network, with your hosts Purregrine,

and Meowltese!

Today on Felyne News Network, we're bringing you Nyalcon's continuing series of reports from the Hunter's Hub.

Nyalcon here- with Zelda, my faithful Nyamera cat, reporting to you from the Hunter's Hub.

I met up with Holly again, and enlisted her help to take care of the last remaining Key Quests standing between us and High Rank.

High Rank Hub, anyway. We've been High Rank in the Wycademy's eyes for ages now.

No kitten! Doesn't the Guild trust the Wycademy's judgment?

Apparently not.

Our first target was the dreaded Seregios!

Holly assured me she was ready to take it on.

Seregios is no joke! Its razor sharp scales and erratic movements make it a tough meownster to contend with.

Not to mention its pin attacks! Hang on, Holly, I'll save you!

But who's going to save me?! Meowch!

I took one too many hits from those bladescales. It's nothing that a quick crouch won't fix, though.

Once again, my trapping skills came in handy!

Victory feels good!

Next, we had to face another of the Fated Four.

I'll never turn down an op-purr-tunity to get revenge on this thing on behalf of my fellow Felynes!

Me neither! I'll never forgive that Mizutsune for humiliating those fisherman Felynes! They were just trying to make a living.

I got hit with its Bubble attack myself.

But not to worry! I have Soothing Roll.

Holly and I fought our hardest! No quarter!

My rodeo purr-owess netted us the Subquest too!

Nap-time, meownster!

Pice of cake!

Well done, Nyalcon! Of course I would expect nothing less from her.

Next we had to tackle a Rathalos and Rathian!

These two are a powerful team, but you know what? So are we!

We targed the Rathian first.

I used my Dung Bombay to great effect to keep the Rathalos from interfering.

Poop: never hunt without it.

I love this weapon.

We chased the Rathian back to her nest and trapped her.

Then we turned our attention to her mate.

He did not last long.

Another victory for the Cat Crew!

For our final Key Quest, we had to face the last remaining member of the Fated Four.

Gammoth is the beefiest of the Four, but I wasn't too concerned. Nothing we haven't seen before!

Whoosh! Can't touch this, baby!

Ride the mammoth; stab the mammoth!

Once again, nothing a quick Soothing Roll won't fix!

Oh no! Holly is pinned again!

Holly aquitted herself well.

We even made it cry! Which reminds me...

Delivering one of those was the Subquest! I distracted the beast while Holly did the needful.

Once Holly rejoined the fray, the meownster didn't last long.

Un-fur-tunately, we didn't manage to break its trunk.

Still, a win's a win, right?

And with that, the Guild Manager had something to say to us!

:witch: The group I sent out to look into the matter just came back with some troubling news. They found something: a cavern littered with more skeletons than you could count. They're calling it Wyvern's End.

:witch: We don't have definite proof, but I'd say the appearance of this dragon in the boneyard is no coincidence. Which brings me to my point... I've put out a notice to all hunters. The Wycademy, together with the Hunter's Guild, have declared this to be a top-priority Urgent Quest. We must drive off this two-headed dragon, which we've named Nakarkos. For the hunter that is successful... The Guild will bestow the title of Elite Hunter upon them. So, you know what to do. That's the spirit!

By Elite Hunter she means High Rank, here we come! I'll definitely have to enlist some additional help before we tackle that one.

In the meantime, that's all I have for you today! This is Nyalcon, signing off!

Well done, Nyalcon! That was a spectacular series of hunts.

Ooh, I'm going to be on the edge of my seat until we receive her next report!

Me too! I can't wait. Until next time, viewers, this is Felyne News Network, signing off!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Update incoming!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_kIfJYZf80

I forgot that you fight Nakarkos again at the end of high rank, so don't spoil poo poo about Nakarkos! :ssh:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:OK, have an update!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_g1T8U63LY

A bit late on this one because Pokemon is more fun than editing video. Enjoy our new friend and hope you like our new Prowlers!

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Zamtrios at least only has the single fin that the saddle sits in front of:

Agnaktor's fin runs down its entire spine leaving no place for a saddle when Lagiacrus, the monster that Agna shares its skeleton with, has its saddle in front of its back spikes:

Regarding Zinogre, I think World fixed him considerably since the graphical improvements help ground him better:

Not only does he look better but you can actually see his Fulgurbugs flying around while fighting him meaning his ability to charge up actually looks organic. In fact, Josh AKA RageGamingVideos talked about this while he and his friend CottonDynosour fight Zinogre :siren:in the post story area so I'm giving a spoiler warning in case you're avoiding Iceborne spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2o3jCIiV5o:siren:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Hey here's an update!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23E9x8nuBwY

Feel free to go to bat for your favorite ice type Pokemon.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

Alolan Ninetales is my favorite ice-type, just for one of its Pokedex entries: "The reason it guides people all the way down to the mountain's base is that it wants them to hurry up and leave."

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
My opinion of Ice as a Type is about the same as Silver and Liquidy's though I do like Frosmoth as a concept.

Harth was introduced in 4/4U as the second place you go to in the story after the starting town of Cathar.

Generation four was weird in general in how progression worked compared to the previous generations. In Tri/3U, the single player and multiplayer were completely divorced from each other meaning you could complete one without touching the other whereas generation four games required you to do both simultaneously as you could only progress so far in one before you needed to do something in the other.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Hey, look! An update!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxyVFNm1gYE

We enlist Geralt's help for some more quests and talk about Pokemon a lot.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was published 1865 whereas Dungeons & Dragons was first published in 1974 so yeah, Siligna would lose that bet.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

:siren:Hey, hey look! Over here! And update!:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVeufE8ikbw

We got kind of confused about which monsters we've fought and Future Silver had to scramble our spoilers. Hey we've done 58 of these things. You try keeping track of that!

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm glad you realized Durambaros would more likely use Uragaan/Banbaro's skeleton rather than the Anjanath/Deviljho/Glavenus one.

I've kinda gone into this before I sadly can't see Prowler mode coming back for a two reasons:
  • Restricted to a single cat - This is what kills the idea of Prowler mode mode coming back if we're continuing with all the systems we have in World (more on why that's not guaranteed in a bit).

The Prowler mode system is built around being able to recruit new cats with unique specialties whereas World and by extension Iceborne restricts you to a single cat who serves as you main companion besides the Handler.

While the existence of both Gadgets and Tailraiders does mitigate this issue, I don't think it would be enough to actually save the Prowler mode since the actual system would need to be overhauled to actually integrate these and I don't see that happening because...
  • Systems get dropped between generations - There is no guarantee anything from World/Iceborne is going to carry over into the next MH game. Prowler might be a fun gimmick but so was being able to raise a monster in a Monster Hunter 2 and Frontier G (basically a proto-Rider mode) but that didn't save that gimmick. And even better example of dropped mechanics is swimming which have never been seen since 3U despite ideas for how to fix it for World's engine have been discussed.

And it's now just completely dropping a mechanic either as Generations Ultimate's Armor Transmogrification system went through a major overhaul to become World/Iceborne's Layered Armor system.
Rajang is still tough because it's been updated to work in Iceborne but World's engine is better suited to Rajang as a concept making it a more fair fight. And while it sadly can't be a monstie in the international version because that stayed Japan exclusive, it has the abilities Mega Rock Smash and Den Detect:

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 25, 2020

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Dude you gotta calm down on the attempts at correction and general condescension. Cut the post-game details out of your post, while you're at it. Silver doesn't know all the post-game stuff about Iceborne yet.

I mean if you're gonna try to correct us, make sure you're, you know, correct. The first sentence, where you listed all those monsters that you think are split between two skeletons? They're all brute wyverns. The same skeleton. Relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Isn't it spelled "Uragaan"?