Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Hi! I exist! I wasn't just lying about being real!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I should note that while it fills the same ecological niche as the Herbivore class Monsters such as Larinoth, Moofah, Rhenoplos, and Kelbi; Gargwa is actually classified as a Bird Wyvern which is the same class as Great Maccao, Great Jaggi, and their respective minions.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Tucker is the Fanciest Boy!

He also spent most of the episode whining to go outside where it's 34 degrees.

(sigh) Cats.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I love gargwa. :3:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
this is a drat good lp/podcast

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose the Prowler quests are there for people who are flailing around trying to be an actual human and would get splatted as a cat?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Glazius posted:

I suppose the Prowler quests are there for people who are flailing around trying to be an actual human and would get splatted as a cat?

Yeah, the game does not intend for you to play Prowler exclusively and especially not offline. The mode was intended as a supplement to your primary weapon, which in my case is the Insect Glaive.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

"Will it Cat?" Official Meownsterpawdia Part 1

Greetings, viewers! As promised, I have a brief write-up of the monsters we have faught so far. I will add to it as we go along.

Click on a monster's name to be taken to its Monster Hunter Wiki page.

For loot:

C= Common
U= Uncommon
R= Rare
S= Stupidly rare

For a complete and accurate list of loot, and more, I heartily recommend checking out MHGU DB or Ping's Dex (Mirror).

Larinoth

Family: Herbivore

Habitat: Jurassic Frontier

Threat Level: *

Introduced: Monster Hunter Generations

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Raw Meat (C), Larinoth Hide (U)
    Shiny- Ancient Berry (if attacked while eating) (100%), Water Lily Root (if attacked while drinking) (C), Water Lily Tuber (if attacked while drinking) (R).
For complete list of loot, click here

Monsterpedia posted:

These giant herbivores are peaceful towards hunters unless their young are threatened. Their long necks let them eat hard-to-reach leaves and nuts, which they may drop if attacked while feeding, and eat constantly to maintain their size. They also have a unique sound-producing organs.

Felyne

Family: Lynian

Habit: Anywhere the wind takes 'em

Introduced: Monster Hunter

Drops: YOU MONSTER

OK fine-

Low Rank-
    Shiny- First-Aid Med (C), Round Acorn (U), Pawprint Stamp (R), EZ Flash Bomb (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Bipedal creatures resembling cats, known for their light hair. Though usually docile, they will attack viciously if provoked. Naturally curious, some try to enter human society. They are fond of Felive and will follow its scent anywhere.

Kelbi

Habitat: Anywhere

Drops:

Low Rank-
    Carve- Kelbi Horn (C*), Warm Pelt (U), White Liver (R), Raw Meat (S)

*100% when KO'd

Monsterpedia posted:

Small herbivores known for their gentle demeanor as well as medicinal properties of their horns. Those wishing to harvest a horn should stun the Kelbi with blunt attacks and then sever it while the animal is still alive.

Altaroth

Family: Neopteron

Introduced: Monster Hunter 3

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Altaroth Stomach* (C), Altaroth Jaw* (U), Monster Fluid* (U
    Shiny**
      Blue Butt- Ripened Mushroom (C), Monster Fluid (S)
      Orange Butt- Honey (C), Monster Fluid (S)
      Green Butt- Nulberry (C), Monster Fluid (S)
      Gold Butt- Fine Stomach (C), Luminous Stomach (R)
      Gray Butt- Insect Husk (C), Altaroth Stomach (U), Monster Fluid (R)

*Usually disintigrates when defeated. To get carves consistently, kill with poison damage.
    **Their abdomen changes color when they feed, depending on what they eat. Mushroom = blue, Honey = orange, Berry = green, Rare = gold, None = gray

Monsterpedia posted:

Insects that widely inhabit many areas. They absorb fruit, mushrooms, and honey, and then carry them back to their nest. Materials can thus be collected from their swollen abdomens, whose color is related to what they're carrying.

Bnahabra

Threat Level: **

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Bnahabra Shell* (C), Bnahabra Wing* (C), Monster Fluid* (U)

*Usually disintigrates when defeated. To get carves consistently, kill with poison damage.

Monsterpedia posted:

Pervasive flying insects that attack invaders with paralyzing venom and lay eggs in carrion along with a fluid that hastens decomposition. It is best to kill them with poison so that their parts are left ripe for the carving.

Maccao

Family: Bird Wyvern

Habitat: Jurassic Frontier, Ancestral Steppe, Ruined Pinnacle

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Bird Wyvern Fang (C), Maccao Hide (U), Maccao Scale (R), Monster Bone S (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Colorful red and green bird wyverns that live in large packs, they can be found mostly in the Jurassic Frontier. Though they attack prey aggressively with their strong legs, they are known to flee once their leader is in danger.

Gargwa

Habitat: Jurrasssic Fronter, Misty Peaks, Ancestral Steppe

Introduced: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Raw Meat (C), Monster Bone S (R), Gargwa Feather (R)
    Shiny- Gargwa Guano (C), Herb (R), Insect Husk (S)
      When startled- Gargwa Egg (C), Gold Gargwa Egg (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

Flightless bird wyverns with vestigial wings, known to inhabit the Jurassic Frontier. Quite timid, Gargwa have been known to lay eggs when other creatures surprise them from behind. They are raised as livestock in numerous villages.

Melynx

Family: Lynian

Habitat: Everywhere you don't want them to be, which is EVERYWHERE

Drops:

Low Rank
    Shiny- Secret Stash (C), Ration (R), Pawprint Stamp (R), EZ Shock Trap (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Bipedal creatures resembling cats, known for their dark hair. More curious than Felynes and possessed by kleptomania, Melynxes take what they steal back to their dens. Felvine intoxicates them, causing them to sometimes drop items.

Jaggi

Habitat: Jurassic Frontier, Deserted Island, Misty Peaks, Ancestral Steppe, Dunes

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Bird Wyvern Fang (C), Jaggi Hide (U), Jaggi Scale (R), Monster Bone S (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Highly social, carnivorous bird wyverns that live in large packs. Young Jaggi males hunt in groups when attacking larger animals and have been known to steal wyvern eggs. Research suggests they operate under orders from a single alpha male.

Rhenoplos

Habitat: Jurassic Frontier, Ancestral Steppe, Volcanic Hollow, Dunes

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Raw Meat (U), Rhenoplos Shell (U), Monster Bone M (R), Rhenoplos Scalp (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Extremely territorial herbivores with poor vision but acute hearing, Rhenoplos will doggedly pursue any target they sense. They often run into boulders, perhaps because they cannot easily stop once they break into a run.

Great Maccao

Habitat: Jurassic Frontier, Ancestral Steppe, Ruined Pinnacle

Threat Level: ***

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- none

Weaknesses: Fire, Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, Rodeo

Breakable Bits: Head, Tail

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Great Maccao Scale (C), Great Maccao Hide (U), Maccao Scale (R), Maccao Tailspike (S)

Capture- Great Maccao Hide (C), Great Maccao Scale (U), Maccao Tailspike (R), Champion's Crest (R)

Break Head- Champion's Crest (C), Great Maccao Hide (R), Champion's Crest (S)

Break Tail- Maccao Tailspike (C), Maccao Tailspike (R)

Shiny Drop- Wyvern Tear (C), Maccao Scale (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

Leader of the pack-hunting Maccao, the Great Maccao is easily spotted by its large size and feather-like yellow crest. It can balance on its tail and spring forward for a deadly strike, but when weakened, its lesser Maccao cousins are quick to turn tail and run.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 23, 2021

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Coat (color): Tabby (orange)
Eyes (color): Thin (yellow)
Ears: Normal
Tail: Long
Voice: Type 2
Name: Kit-kit
Speciality: Gathering

Coat (color): Tabby (grey)
Name: Deimos
Speciality: Healing

Coat (color): Monotone (black)
Name: Phobos
Speciality: Support

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Before the next video goes up, let me be perfectly clear: my concrete knowledge of Monster Hunter dates back only to MH Tri, and I can promise no more than shaky guesses for anything earlier than that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGu2rD8mKI

Today we check out the other 3 towns that opened up now that we've unlocked Rank 2 quests, and we get a sneak preview of some cute new armor that we can make!

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I should note that the first Monster Hunter was released in Japan March 11, 2004 and September 21 of the same year in North America which puts in it fairly early in the PS2's life cycle which was from March 4, 2000 to December 28, 2012 in Japan and from October 26, 2000 to January 4, 2013 in North America.

Additionally, Aptonoth is a generation one monster as is Bullfango who was an Herbivore in generation one and became a Fanged Beast from generation two onwards.

Funny thing about the Fanged Beasts is that they were referred to as Primatius in Freedom 2, but were renamed Pelagus as of Freedom Unite. More of them were added in the Japan-exclusive Portable 3rd under the name Fanged Beast which became the English name for them from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate onward.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 6, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can cats get access to poison attacks at all? Or is that kind of hazardous enterprise best left to humans?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Glazius posted:

Can cats get access to poison attacks at all? Or is that kind of hazardous enterprise best left to humans?

Ah, a fair question! There is no Poison Bombey or anything like that. (I wish there were...) In order to poison anything, cats must equip a poisoning weapon, and then hit something until the poison takes. It is... less than ideal.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
What was that song you used during the speed up?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Presumably music from Okami, one of the previous games she's LPed: https://lparchive.org/Okami

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

CrazySalamander posted:

What was that song you used during the speed up?

Chimera is correct! Specifically it's this one right here, which is an 8-bit version of a track I used in a speed up section in a previous video, the race music.

I love Okami and especially the music from it, so I'll probably use its music liberally for supadupa speed sections. And yes, I did do a LP of it, though it was of the Wii version and it kind of looks like boiled rear end compared to the HD remaster...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Coat (color): Two-tone, black/white

Eyes (color): Thin, light greenish brown

Tail: Normal

Voice: Type 3

Name:Heisenberg, or Heisen

Speciality: Gathering or Support

Obligatory kitty-pic:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
:unsmith: I'm glad Poyo got recruited and helped out on a hunt! Some good palicoes itt.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

More cats she asks for, more cats she shall receive.

Coat (color): Two-tone (Grey and White)

Eyes (color): Sharp (green)

Ears: Perky

Tail: Bushy

Voice: Voice 1

Name: Mega Cat (I was 7, and Mega Man was the coolest thing ever no seriously)

Speciality: Fighting

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Oh my gosh, I wish I still had the kitties from when I was seven! Sadly I turn 30 in a few days so it would be very unlikely. Though one that existed when I was seven did live to be 23 so if we had gotten her THEN she'd still be around. Barely. :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwmUnoH8arI&t=37s

Today we're tackling TWO large monsters and we finally get a key skill that helps Prowlers kick rear end!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Quick correction: I am stupid and said that attacking a sleeping monster does 4x damage. Silver was right when she said it does triple damage. Basically you should ignore me half the time I open my dumb mouth.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm just here to sound pretty.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To be fair, baby venomous snakes do produce venom like an adult so Genprey being able to paralyze isn't that unrealistic. And speaking of snakes the Genprey/drome do have a Fanged Wyvern equivalent, the cobra-like Girros and Great Girros:

You think you got room for a third in multiplayer?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

"Will it Cat?" Official Meownsterpawdia Part 2

Hello again, viewers! We've met some new friends since last time. Let's learn more about them!

As before, for monster loot:

C= Common
U= Uncommon
R= Rare
S= Stupidly rare

Click on a monster's name to be taken to its Monster Hunter Wiki page. For a complete and accurate list of loot, and more, I heartily recommend checking out MHGU DB or Ping's Dex (Mirror).

Aptonoth

Habitat: Verdant Hills, Jungle, Ancestral Steppe, Ruined Pinnacle

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Raw Meat (C), Monster Bone S (R)
For complete list of loot, click here/

Monsterpedia posted:

Relatively docile herbivores with characteristic crest plates. They form herds and raise young communally, and have been used as pack animals for generations. Their meat is tasty and nutritious, and they're very cautious around large monsters.

Velociprey

Habitat: Verdant Hills, Jungle, Primal Forest

Drops:

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Bird Wyvern Fang (C), Velociprey Scale (U), Velociprey Hide (R), Monster Bone S (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Aggressive, carnivorous monsters that often travel and hunt in packs -- even master hunters are careful to not let themselves get surrounded by these predators. In this region, they're known to inhabit the Verdant Hills and the Primal Forest.

Bullfango

Family: Fanged Beast

Habitat: Misty Peaks, Verdant Hills, Arctic Ridge, Jungle, Deserted Island, Ruined Pinnacle

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Bullfango Pelt (C), Raw Meat (U), Brute Bone (R), Bullfango Head (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Foul-tempered wild boars that charge toward hunters the moment they spot them. Fertile and wide-ranging, they have been known to form large herds. Their meat has an unique flavor beloved by many.

Popo

Habitat: Arctic Ridge, Frozen Seaway

Introduced: Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Popo Tongue (C), Raw Meat (U), Brute Bone (R), Jumbo Bone (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Herd-forming herbivores covered in thick fur to endure the cold. Popo are gentle, but known to use their massive tusks bravely when defending their young. Popo meat is very nutritious; the tongue is said to be especially palatable.

Giaprey

Habitat: Arctic Ridge, Frozen Seaway

Introduced: Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Giaprey Scale (C), Giaprey Hide (U), Monster Bone S (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

A species of small bird-like carnivores known to inhabit the Arctic Ridge. Their white skin is beautiful, but their temperament is not. They are known to spit ice at hunters, and attack in deadly packs.

Vespoid

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Vespoid Shell* (C), Vespoid Wing* (U), Monster Fluid* (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

An enormous, wasp-like insectoid with a poisonous stinger that paralyzes prey. Easily damaged, there are rarely any usable parts left to harvest from them once they are killed. But if you could sap their Health gradually...

Jaggia

Habitat: Misty Peaks, Deserted Island, Ancestral Steppe

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Jaggi Hide (C), Jaggi Scale (U), Bird Wyvern Fang (R), Monster Bone S (S)

Monsterpedia posted:

Female Jaggi that stay in packs, Jaggia generally live near the nest and are responsible for defending it and raising young. Smaller than mature males, but larger and tougher than the pack's countless young males. They also operate under orders from the alpha.

Genprey

Habitat: Dunes, Desert, Primal Forest

Drops:

Low Rank
    Carve- Genprey Fang (C), Genprey Scale (U), Genprey Hide (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

Bird wyverns with a distinctive green-and-orange striped hide, Genprey live in packs in the Dunes and Primal Forest. Their claws and large fangs contain a paralyzing neurotoxin that they use to stun prey.

Gendrome

Habitat: Dunes, Desert, Primal Forest

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- Paralysis, Dung Bomb(ay)

Weaknesses- Ice, Lightning, Sleep, Poison, Rodeo

Breakable Bits- Head

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Paralysis Sac (C), Gendrome Fang (U), Gendrome Hide (U), Gendrome Head (S)

Capture- Gendrome Hide (C), Paralysis Sac (C), Gendrome Head (S*)

*Stupidly rare, but over twice the odds of getting it from a carve!

Break Head- Paralysis Sac (C), Gendrome Hide (C), Gendrome Head (R)

Shiny Drop- Wyvern Tear (C), Gendrome Fang (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

Alpha monsters that lead Genprey packs. Larger than their brothers and with a more prominent crest, Gendrome use the venom in their highly evolved fangs and claws to paralyze their prey.

Velocidrome

Habitat: Verdant Hills, Jungle, Primal Forest

Primary Element- none

Recommended Status Protection- Dung Bomb(ay)

Weaknesses- Ice, Sleep, Paralysis

Breakable Bits- Head

Loot:

Low Rank
    Carve- Velocidrome Claw (C), Velocidrome Hide (U), Velociprey Scale (R), Velocidrome Head (S)

Capture- Velocidrome Hide (C), Screamer Sac U), Velocidrome Head (S*)

*Stupidly rare, but over twice the odds of getting it from a carve!

Break Head- Screamer Sac (C), Velocidrome Hide (U), Velocidrome Head (R)

Shiny Drop- Wyvern Tear (C), Velocidrome Claw (R)

Monsterpedia posted:

Alpha monsters that lead Velociprey packs. Larger than their brothers and with a more prominent crest, Velocidrome use their strong hind legs to leap at prey, pinning them with sharp claws before calling for others.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 1, 2021

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like multiplayer that gives bonuses for single-player, but it must make it tough to play through older games where nobody plays or the network infrastructure was disassembled.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwmUnoH8arI&t=37s

Today we're tackling TWO large monsters and we finally get a key skill that helps Prowlers kick rear end!

Glad that Nanashi is as much a good boy for you as he is for me. He's a real sweetheart.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzYVWr4Xi3c

We are done ranting about XX, I promise!

Next update will be the multiplayer shenanigans, so look forward to that!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 21, 2017

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Silver Falcon posted:

Next update will be the multiplayer shenanigans, so look forward to that!

As a premiere cat furrsysist I should remind you that MultiCats posses 100 purr cent quantum nature. Even if a meownster Cats, Schrodinger pawstulates our own purrception may affect whether or not it Cattes.

However, my studies show he used mostly Naughty Cattes which contained a large ameownt of anti-meowter. You have only Good Cattes, the Best Cattes, so I theorize that if will Cat, it will also Cattes!

If I am proven correct I would like a fancy feast and my office moved to the warm spot in the kitchen.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Jade would throw bombs at everyone if she had thumbs honestly.

Palicoes/Prowlers do have a way of launching themselves into the air by setting down trampoline but I don't know if you actually need to unlock it.

I did have to have Rajang damage Apex Zinogre in order to complete the quest for the Rainbow pigment in MH4U, holy gently caress was that an annoying quest and I am so glad that Generations doesn't do that same bullshit.

And I would not expect XX to be localized anytime soon if ever as they do not want to undermine World in any way, Stories only just got White Monoblos today even though the fact that we got version 1.1 installed in the base game has been known for some time. And bare in mind that Nintendo has to force Capcom to bring Stories here.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 24, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Besides poison, sonic bombs, and riding monsters like bucking broncos, what other useful tools are your cats currently without?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Glazius posted:

Besides poison, sonic bombs, and riding monsters like bucking broncos, what other useful tools are your cats currently without?

Off the top of my head, traps are the main thing. Support cats come with them, but if I used one of them I'd miss out on Piercing Boomerangs, which I can't teach to other cats yet.

Another useful one is Flash Bombey, which works like a Flash Bomb. Useful for monsters who try to fly away. Cats also get a skill, Trampoliner, which ostensibly can help get those mount hits in, but in practice it's useless. You get almost no horizontal distance with it. You'd have to park it right next to a monster, and as we've seen, monsters don't tend to stay in one place for very long!

As far as good support moves go, that you want on your sub-Palicoes, I've mentioned Go! Fight! Win! as one of my favorites. There's also Detox Horn, which cures Poison, good to have on your healing cats.

Some other things that humans get that cats can't are the various status inflicting meats, which you can put in front of a monster when it's hungry to poison/paralyze/put it to sleep and get some free hits on it. You can also stack Barrel Bombs next to a sleeping monster and blow them all up at once for massive damage. Bombing cats can sort of do that, but not really? Cats are really one-trick ponies. They do the Piercing/Big Boomerangs and that's basically it. You can fool around with Flash Bombey and Ultrasonic Horn, but those are edge cases.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Multiplayer shenanigans update... go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpThgakD8U

I had this recorded last weekend, which ended up being a good thing. I've had a godawful cold since then, bleah.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 27, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Now I'm just kind of primed to see a bomber cat in action. Maybe next Together Cat.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

That's what competence looks like! (Aka, not me!)

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oh you're gonna love the armor I'm gonna bring to the online hub cause like liquidypoo, I'm not going to make a new file and will instead be using my main Hunter file which has some interesting cat armors.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

quote:

Hub quests are scaled for four players

(flashes back to struggling with Hub quests as a solo player)

GAWDDAMMIT!!!

I am not a smart man.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Next update is ready!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XDhIhSoPI

It's late because I elected to play XBC2 instead of edit commentary...

Next update is either the Urgent for Rank 3 or more muliplayer shenanigans. I haven't decided yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Tetsucabra is a bit of an interesting case etymologically speaking as like many generation four Monsters its name is simply a romanization of the Japanese name (Tetsukabura) which itself is a reference to the Japanese word for iron "tetsu" and cabura, type of ogre-like tile found on Japanese rooftops:

This was done as a reflection of the ogre toad's design being based on many Japanese concepts such as sumo wrestling and the aforementioned cabura which the localization department attempted to retain as much as possible.

Hilariously enough though, "cabra" is the Spanish word for goat which while appropriate given the goat's reputation for being stubborn was the butt of numerous jokes made by the fandom since Tetsu's clearly a toad and not an iron goat.

Also Jade is doing exactly what I'd expect her to do if she were a Palico.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 5, 2017